Sign in to follow this  
SlyOwl

Monstosaurus Rex Rampage

The T-Rex should have had some spikes on its back, and there should have been more guns...

jp1.jpgjp2.jpgjp3.jpg

Oh, and also for comparison, my original Legosaurus Brix back from 2007...

monster_dino.jpg

:laugh: Really good!

That Monstosaurus looks very evil and terrifying with all those spikes and blood dripping teeth.

The car is also nice but a little dull with that colour. I think some lime green and orange would "spice" it up a bit :wink:

So much lovely details on the scene, nice work!

Oh, and that Legosaurus Brix is just filled with great uses of parts. Sabres as claws, hands as spikes and minifig legs as arms. Brilliant! :thumbup:

Nice little Jurassic Park rip-off! Nah, I'm only kidding. Great work on the dinosaur, it's pretty scary.

As for the Legosaurus? By far, you've improved, but it still is great. Where is the red hat from?

Wow that first MOC looks great! :thumbup:

I really like your windscreen wipers.

And your legosauros is just amazing!

Awesome! I really like the T-Rex. I never would've of thought of putting those spike pieces on that way. This is a really nice little Jurassic Park ripoff :thumbup: :thumbup:

Built in honor of Jurassic Park, no? :wink:

I love the films, especially the second one. :grin:

This MOC is wonderful, by the way. The Monstosaurus is so awesome and menacing.

I can't believe somebody hadn't noticed the little goat on the platform. :sweet:

Most.. Resist... Hugging... Computer...

Could we get some shots of the figures, too, please?

Awesome stuff Slyowl! I love the rex-with-spikes, and the addition of guns naturally makes it more awesome! The jeep is very cool as well, the whole setup is. I must admit though, my favourite part is the little goat! It is so adorable! :devil:

To the Brickmobile! :devil:

Hmm, Jurassic Park. I haven't seen many MOCs based off of that. Great job, though, fantastic SNOT, and I love what you did with the bloody teeth. I agree with Etzel that you could change the car color scheme to make it a little more interesting. And I know it's not supposed to be exactly like the movie, but the dino could be just a little bigger.

Then again, it's great how it is if you're not going for movie accuracy. I like the photo editing technique that you did with the first picture, by the way. It really brings out the feeling of the movie scene.

:laugh: Really imprssive and funny work :thumbup: Locve all the little details like the broken fence, the bloody teeth and of course the goat! :wink:

This is amazing. I saw this on brickshelf and was fascinated. I think you've built the best minifigure sized car. The T-Rex is also awesome and the rain really gives this moc a realistic effect.

Thanks everyone :wub: I say to myself, Hey, I'm gonna build me a jeep. Then, Hey, I'm gonna build me a scary dino. And voila, such praise! :sweet:

The car is also nice but a little dull with that colour. I think some lime green and orange would "spice" it up a bit :wink:

I thought about stickering bits of the car, but couldn't do it any way I liked. Lime green and orange are way out of my building zone (read: couples of orange plates and 2 lime green studs :blush: ), so no-can-do unfortunately. I'd have liked to do some snazzier colours, though.

As for the Legosaurus? By far, you've improved, but it still is great. Where is the red hat from?

You can get non-production red Adventurers hats, but mine is just a brown one, and I fiddled with the colours, not realising that it had turned red - I'm colour blind :laugh:

I never would've of thought of putting those spike pieces on that way.

It only came about because I have no bley jumpers!

Most.. Resist... Hugging... Computer...

Could we get some shots of the figures, too, please?

Must.. Resist... Hugging... Striker... :grin:

As you wish!

jp4.jpg

So, left to right, top to bottom, that's Dr Jones, Malcolm aka El Bronco aka El Nombre aka Zorro, Kate, Dexter aka Fatman aka Dennis and Timmy. I love mixing up names and characters :grin:

However the rain effect of the first picture, not so good. :grin:

Just experimenting :wink:

And I know it's not supposed to be exactly like the movie, but the dino could be just a little bigger.

Then again, it's great how it is if you're not going for movie accuracy.

That's the good thing about these "inspired by..." MOCs - you get a concept to work with, but don't have to be at all accurate! The dino is only so big because I ran out of viking horns (also hence the foot claws - they would have been horns, not hands ideally).

Locve all the little details like the broken fence, the bloody teeth and of course the goat! :wink:

:tongue:

Sly Owl strikes again with another fantastic MOC! This is easily one of your best yet, Owl, and it features some really great part usages. The minifigures especially are excellent, and I too love the little goat. Strangely, I think the Monstrosaurus itself might be my least favorite part of the creation, although it still is very good. :wink:

jp4.jpg

Haha! I love the expression on the dead guy! I've never seen that head before! :laugh:

Your MOC is great! I love everything! The dinosaurs, the car, the figures, the realistic looking scenery, even the little goat!

Fantastic work!

-darthperson

Soo... Am I the only one who misread the topic title? :blush::grin::look: ...If so thats uhh.. thats fine.

I think I may need glasses especially since I thought TheBricksters title was "Mystery Toast". :wacko:

Good MOC. I like the jeep, fence, And the blood soaked teeth and LEGO Gore. :wub:

I like how you made the goat, as well as the car, overall a very good scene that you have set up. :wink: