Sign in to follow this  
Quaxo76

Hello, I'm Cristian from Italy

Hello,

My name is Cristian, I live in Italy in a town not far from Rome. I'm almost 40 years old.

I don't remember what my first Lego set was (I was too young), but my true love is the Technic series, and I remember very well my first Technic set: I was 9, I had just had serious surgery, and my parents bought me the 8848 truck. It was love at first sight, and I almost never bought a regular set anymore. Not being rich, my parents couldn't buy me many sets, but I remember buying the helicopter (8844), an used excavator (8851) with some parts missing, and much later I got the 8417 motorcycle.

Especially the first sets (the truck and helicopter) have been my very favourite toys for years. I assembled and disassembled them dozens of times. I believe I was able, at last, to assemble the truck without even looking at the instructions. I still have those sets, assembled... of course the bricks look "well loved" by now, and many parts (especially the small grey technic parts) have cracked, rendering the models quite fragile. But that doesn't matter.

Fast forward to a few months ago, when my wife gave me, for Christmas, the 9394 jet plane. That re-sparkled my love, though I was somewhat confused by the totally studless philosophy. Then a few weeks ago I found a nice deal on the 42009 crane truck. I couldn't resist, and bought it, and it felt like being 10 again, just looking at that huge box and all those parts! I assembled it in about 12 hours.

Anyway, this is how I got in touch with Lego again, and I found this forum while looking for info about a doubt on the crane, so... here I am!

Cristian