Here is the big question (and a possible answer to it) how to steer a Balloon/Phlogisphere/Ballhover - presented as a photo-comic:

26788126261_7584caa668_b.jpg

26250563074_bd51d68c19_b.jpg

26788123161_5ddcd28ce4_b.jpg

26250561544_8e8ca74ecb_b.jpg

(Hawksbrooke is meant to spell Hawksbrugh but the painter did not know that)

Prithee, here is a fine picture of the new Eslandolean Ballhover:

26856004985_9e2fdeab54_c.jpg

I hope you find this enjoyable - C&C welcome!

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld

What an amusing story. I really love followind the invention and updating of the flying balloon. And those MOCs are really amazing. Please just keep it up!

Very amusing story! And the design is great. One question though: How can a hammer solve every inventor's problems? pirate_tong.gifpirate_tong.gifpirate_tong.gif

Great presentation and the humour is on the money as always. Good job.

Edited by Phadeout

pir_laugh2.gifdefault_roflmao.gifdefault_iamded_lol.png Hilarious story and dialog, Captain B, and for once I actually like this kind of presentation! Great job on the Phlogisphere Ballhoverer, the black weights and the sextant are awesome details, and excellent incorporation of the flag as well - oh, and genius way to steer it, obviously! default_rofl.gif

pirate_laugh_new.gif Gotta love that monkey. pirate_laugh_new.gif Great work. I really like the comic strip presentation here; makes the whole thing really pop! :thumbup: The cloud backdrop you've used is very nice too!

That Ballhover looks really good!

I agree! (I actually built this before the whole story of Alberto started. But then I thought that such a thing would not just appear and be created out of nowhere.)

What an amusing story. I really love followind the invention and updating of the flying balloon. And those MOCs are really amazing. Please just keep it up!

Thanks - it might be time for a different chapter now as I've been bothering people for quite a while now with the "Golden Age of Ballooning" pirate_laugh2.gif

I think the monkey is onto something! pir_laugh2.gif Love it!

It's time to name the monkey: he is George da Pontelli, inventor and bon vivant. pir_laugh2.gif

Very amusing story! And the design is great. One question though: How can a hammer solve every inventor's problems? pirate_tong.gifpirate_tong.gifpirate_tong.gif

Ha! I've been waiting for someone to spot this and comment on it. Thanks a lot! pirate_satisfied.gif

I thought it was hilariously funny to have an inventor who only uses such a blunt instrument as a hammer (you cannot do much with it and desctructive purposes are close at hand).

Therefore I have outfitted Alberto with that hammer in (almost) every scene.pir_laugh2.gif

Great presentation and the humour is on the monkey as always. Good job.

Quite right!

pir_laugh2.gifdefault_roflmao.gifdefault_iamded_lol.png Hilarious story and dialog, Captain B, and for once I actually like this kind of presentation! Great job on the Ballhoverer, the black weights and the sextant are awesome details, and excellent incorporation of the flag as well - oh, and genius way to steer it, obviously! default_rofl.gif

Yepp, you may want to try for yourself.

Tolkien and Peter Jackson have told us that Giant Eagles are a solution to everything!

pirate_laugh_new.gif Gotta love that monkey. pirate_laugh_new.gif Great work. I really like the comic strip presentation here; makes the whole thing really pop! :thumbup: The cloud backdrop you've used is very nice too!

pirate_satisfied.gif

The background was even nicer in real life than on the pictures. But I got into trouble because of the reflections.

The lighting became difficult, especially as I wanted to shoot the pictures from a low position.

I haven't really worked that out yet.

'the humour is on the money as always' (Phadeout)

Surely you mean the humour is on the monkey as always?

This is such a fabulous little series I am rather at a loss for words; hilarious, inspired, simian. There's three to start with.

Hawksbrugh is working on a solution to the steering problem...unfortunately progress is slow...but watch this space.

This is such a fabulous little series I am rather at a loss for words; hilarious, inspired, simian. There's three to start with.

Hawksbrugh is working on a solution to the steering problem...unfortunately progress is slow...but watch this space.

Thanks - I'll be watching!

Ah great ! I knew the monkey would find something !

He is surely the brain behind the phlogisphere project from the beginning ! ;p

I like this story. Very fun and great photography.

Thanks pirate_satisfied.gif

Ah great ! I knew the monkey would find something !

He is surely the brain behind the phlogisphere project from the beginning ! ;p

I agree pirate_laugh_new.gif

That is all well build and pretty funny too. I think we should listen to the monkeys more often. pir_laugh2.gif

pirate_laugh2.gif The challenge is that they don't talk... but at least they are using sign language!