Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

The Pirate LEGO Test

The Pirate LEGO Test

This thread is linked to the

The Pirate LEGO Directory

Now its time test you varments to see how much you know about Pirate LEGO.

Click HERE to start the test

The test was created at OkCupid.com, a website made by the people who were responsible from theSpark.com until they sold it and created OkCupid. If you're really really bored you can sign up and write your own test too.

And if you do the test, post your results HERE

Edited by mister_phes

.. 30%

Never mind >-| I must say though, most of the answers were complete guesses. I resisted the chance to cheat by looking at Brickset etc.. mainly because I couldn't be bothered (and also to fustrate Phes that I got such a low mark! :P)

Jon.

63% for me. But I had many problems with the names... I can't even remember there were names for the sets in the catalogues back in the 90's. And I'm PRETTY sure I have never got info about the names of a captain and his animals! >-|

So where do we know from what they're called?

EDIT: I'm speaking of the situation here in Germany...

I'll provide references to the answers later... So there's no bleedin cheaters!

Why would want to cheat anyway *wacko*

I relly have a problem with my network home, the page just won't open :'( I'll try tomorrow at the office :-D

63% for me. But I had many problems with the names... I can't even remember there were names for the sets in the catalogues back in the 90's. And I'm PRETTY sure I have never got info about the names of a captain and his animals! >-|

So where do we know from what they're called?

EDIT: I'm speaking of the situation here in Germany...

The names were different again in German, but I wanted to keep the test in English so there isn't any non-English names in the test.

However, because I can:

Captain Roger/Red Bed in Germany was Kapitein Knoest

Governor Broadside in Germany was Gouverneur Grootzeil

Botswain Will in Germany was Bootsman Wil

Thanks for the info!

I checked an old catalogue from '96 and there really are the set names displayed... Still no idea about the minifig / animal names though...

I'll need to scan and upload an image to show you where to find the animal names. My scanner is a bit old and past it now so the quality won't be great.

I also injected a lot of silliness into the test so it didn't become boring. I was wondering if I injected a bit too much that it detracts from the test.

Master Yoda hasn't taken the test... He may stun us all with is 900 years of wisdom and use of the force. Although this wisdom and clairvoyance hasn't help him to get the test working on his work computer...

60% Conquistador

My pirates are limited to 5 minifigs, a raft, a rowing boat and a shark. I didn't do too badly then :)

Oh ya, I'm King Kahuka! I own U Bloody Jay! Who's da master! *cough* excuse me... 73%

AH, I've been beaten! :oo

And Yoda... for shame!

Unlike a poll, there is nothing stopping you from taking the test again... You may get a better score the second time... Or maybe not...

Unlike a poll, there is nothing stopping you from taking the test again... You may get a better score the second time... Or maybe not...

Isn't that considered as cheating??? ;)

It should be a one time shot ;)

Yes it is and cheaters never prosper. But in the interest of piracy...

I see, I might just take it again for fun then hoping to get better than a 53% ;)

BTW, great job on your quizz mister_phes ;) Are you planning a second one???