SNIPE

Pneumatic Cylinders With Part 75347?

Hi,

In Lego digital designer it shows the inside of part 75347 to be hollowed out, and it has a pinhole on the top and bottom, so can we put an axle in there with a rubber part on the end (like a tire) and make it work as a Pneumatic Cylinder?

Here is the part:

2uh7gcw.png

I'd have to find the best place to cut it and glue it back together when the tire and axle is inside of the canister.

but can it already be un-clipped somewhere?

The axle will be threaded using a technic nut and thread so the wheel and tire cant come off it.

I could make splitters to have on the ends too which can also be side holes to mount it, depending on what you want (air can travel through the holes of the pins) or it can be attached from the bottom. and top.

Edited by SNIPE

I just checked MLcad to to make screw it had a hollow center,which it does.

The hardest part would be making it air tight,but if you succeed I will defiantly make a order with you. :grin:

It won't work.

The tube is not full in the mast.

Oh, I understand what you want to do.

It may work, but you need to tweak parts, right ?

I also wonder how you gonna put a dish in the cylinder (like what we can find in a pneumatic cylinder)

The 75347/ 6168c01 "Support 2 x 2 x 11 Solid Pillar" is indeed hollow on the inside; I am holding one of them now. However, the bottom (square) portion is just like a regular 2x2 brick; one cannot insert anything (other than a round Technic Pin) in that end. I suppose that the uppermost (round 2x2 plate) area could be cut off to insert something inside of it, and then reattached with ABS glue that one can get from a hardware store:

6168a.png6168cx1.1115611377.jpg

That's neat, it has a big carrying capacity and extends quite far, so would be very useful to make if I had that cylinder :grin:

How did he get the axle to go through the bottom of the 2x2x11 column ?

maybe there is different molds with the same part number, some with this hole some without, like a regular 2x2 brick

Edited by SNIPE

@ SNIPE: The 2x2x11 Support has a Lego Technic Pinhole in the bottom (where the square 2x2 brick is), but one can see into the central (hollow) cavity. So, a long Lego Technic Axle can fit in there.

Why don't you BUY one yourself and see for yourself?

Edited by DLuders

Oh, I thought you said it was closed off like a regular 2x2 brick.

well that's easier then

How About something like this too? (can theoretically be made any length using technic sleeves or 1x1x2 round bricks.)

2mo585h.png

The T pipe for the air will be pushed all the way in and the plunger will be inserted inside of the small round 1x1x6 brick.

IDK how it will get air since there is only 1 hole

Edited by SNIPE

@ SNIPE: The blunt end of the 8L "Technic Axle with Stop" part (which you want to use for a plunger) won't fit all the way into the hollow Support cylinder, because it's too wide. If you inserted a Technic Axle into that bottom hole (where the 2x2 Brick portion is), air will escape around the four grooves around the axle. The only way to do what you want is to saw-off the top of the Support and insert the pieces. That's what The Lego Group has to do when they manufacture Lego Pneumatic Cylinders; they are molded together.

Instead of trying to dissect Lego parts VIRTUALLY, you really need to buy some REAL parts from Bricklink and save yourself a lot of time.