Sign in to follow this  
Mellory

Studless Remake of 8459

Hello there. As you could have noticed - I'm new here.

My only Lego theme is Technic - studless Technic, to be exact. Yeah, I know most of you hate studless. But I like it - I do not need any compatibility with system bricks. I do build from and do buy only studless Technic.

Anyway, I'd like to show you my remake of Pneumatic Front End Loader 8459. Main reason why I did this is that I've missed this set. Because I lack of bricks, I reincarnated this set in studless style.

It's not completed yet (some parts are still missing - look at wheels for example). Credit for many ideas I used goes to Keith Hui.

dsc01151.jpg

You may find the pic too big.

If you are interested, you can look in my gallery: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=182694. Please check readme.

(in my gallery there is also another studless remake)

Do you like it? No? Post your comments, suggestions and criticisim here! :-)

I think it looks great.

I'm not that a fan of studless Technic. Mostly because I grew up with classic LEGO and this new building technique came out during my dark ages. But I've come to accept it. There are just situations when building a model where those studless beams come in handy.

I don't have 8459 but comparing the pictures I like your reincarnation. It might have to do with that I like construction vehicles in general (if they have functions, that is). You also used a few nifty features, like the ladder. You even managed to integrate those dreaded "panels" (that one for example). But most importantly, it's recognizable as a 8459 remake.

Good work, looking forward to seeing more ;-)

Thanks for comment! :-) In progress is studless remake of 8446 (green futuristic "crane"). I also want to reincarnate 8868 (airtech claw rig) and some other sets.

By the way, should I make an alternate model to this remake?

And would you like instructions (for both remake and alternate model)?

By the way, should I make an alternate model to this remake?

And would you like instructions (for both remake and alternate model)

These are great!

My answers to your above questions are:

YES!

-and-

YES! (please)

you missed some studs on the V6 *wacko* . it is pretty simple and i like it better w/o studs. it looks smoother *y*