Sign in to follow this  
CrazyDalton777

Welsh Eurobricks Member Thread

Shwmae! This is a thread for all the Welsh Eurobricks members to discuss what they like regarding LEGO in Wales. This is also a way to find fellow members from Wales that you can chat with, trade and sell LEGO and just generally find people around you. Below is a list of ideal things we could have in this thread.

Ideal Posts

• Information about various aspects of the Cardiff LEGO shop such as PAB availability, set availability and other aspects of the Cardiff shop.
  • Sales and deals in stores around the UK that you would find in Wales.
  • Information about LEGO events that are in Wales that may fly under the standard FOL's calender.
  • Newspaper adverts that include LEGO.
  • Attempts to find out about other FOL's from Wales.
  • General talk about Wales.

Anyone is allowed to post here even if you are not Welsh but if you have not got anything to say about Wales LEGO or other wise then it is pointless in posting it.

I started one of these ages ago, but it's kinda gone dead, so you're fine to start this one. :grin: Da Bo Chi!

Edited by Sir Brickalot

Croeso Sir Brickalot! I am off to the LEGO shop Cardiff tomorrow and will report on some PAB wall content.

Edited by CrazyDalton777

Shwmae pawb! As far as I can see there are quite a few Welsh members here.

By the way, have you considered joining the Brickish Association? There have been a few events in Wales advertised on their site. For example there was a Beyond the Brick event held in Newport last month.

Shwmae pawb! As far as I can see there are quite a few Welsh members here.

By the way, have you considered joining the Brickish Association? There have been a few events in Wales advertised on their site. For example there was a Beyond the Brick event held in Newport last month.

I will have a look into that, heard of Brickish before but always thought their events were in England but yeah I will search it. I went to the Cardiff LEGO store today and bought my Grand Emporium. The employee that served me said that they had got a delivery yesterday ad the GE I had was just out of the cardboard that LEGO sends it in.

The PAB was a little above average with some plates of various sizes in colours such as Tan and Cyan Blue. They also had loads of friends colours like pink and purple. Some wheels were there with tires to match but they only had the little wheels which was a little disappointing. They had some grey wheel arches. Thy had some brown car seats which they seem to always have there. They had a few 2x4's but no 1x4's sadly.

As I said, they had a delivery yesterday so stock levels were high. They had many of the Exo-Suit and Research Institute sets along with the other Ideas sets like Minecraft which they had loads of plus Ecto-1 and the DeLoreon. City sets were well stocked along with the Creator range (they had many modular buildings and the Fairground Mixer set). There was also many of the Mini Cooper and they had a lot of the Mini polybags. Friends sets were fairly stocked up with the Movie sets and baseplates were plenty. The BAM stand was full of parts (very messy due to kids leaving them on the sides) but full of Hospital torsos, suit torsos, female torsos and many others.

The shop was not as full as normal, the reasoning for this was probably the Doctor Who experience which was just outside St Davids shopping centre so potential LEGO shoppers may have avoided Cardiff due to this or were drawn to the Doctor Who attraction.

Croes Macsen Wledig!

They have exo suits?! Bugger, I ordered mine from the Lego co and the estinated dipatch is September. To be fair though, I live a bit far from Cardiff to make it a convenient stop.

Re the BA, most events are in England, but many are pretty easy to get to. STEAM is in Swindon, which is only just off the M4.

They have exo suits?! Bugger, I ordered mine from the Lego co and the estinated dipatch is September. To be fair though, I live a bit far from Cardiff to make it a convenient stop.

Re the BA, most events are in England, but many are pretty easy to get to. STEAM is in Swindon, which is only just off the M4.

Yeah, they had a delivery yesterday. I don't see why when you order a set that is out of stock on their warehouse they can't just mail one to you from the nearest store. If you can cancel your "order" and maybe catch the train to Cardiff (thats what I did).

You guys need to go to John Lewis in Cardiff. Just picked up the Winter Village Cottage for £44.99 and the Vermin Vaporizer for £19.99 on clearance there!! :sing:

You guys need to go to John Lewis in Cardiff. Just picked up the Winter Village Cottage for £44.99 and the Vermin Vaporizer for £19.99 on clearance there!! :sing:

Awe, I should have gone there but I am happy with my Grand Emporium as I couldn't get both. Hopefully they will have some left whenever I go to Cardiff (hopefully in a month).

Found a brilliant stall at a car boot sale in Carew Market (Pembrokeshire, Near Tenby). It was just a full stall of LEGO, the seller said he goes there every Sunday. He was selling the newest Road Baseplates, 3 for £10 (LEGO does it 2 for £10.49). He also had loads of Classic Town sets (I bought 2 for £6). The stall also had a giant pirate ship from the old Pirate range. He was selling Star Wars, Harry Potter, Indiana Jones and loads of Classic Town/Space/Pirate minifigs. If you guys can get down there, I recommend it.

No, I'm in Ceredigion. But I get down that way quite often, either for rock climbing or the beach. I have no doubt I'll be down there again soon and will pop in to Carew when I do.

Hello all

Thought I'd let you know that I found Series 12 CMFs in Carmarthen Tesco today. I didn't think they were due out until the 1st October, so have no idea if they've come out early or are just out in a few shops. Anyway, just in case it's the latter, I thought I'd let you know!

Bore da pawb; Minifigs are going for £1.87 in my local Sainsbury's at the mo. They seem to be flying off the shelves a soon as they're put out though.

Bore da pawb; Minifigs are going for £1.87 in my local Sainsbury's at the mo. They seem to be flying off the shelves a soon as they're put out though.

Bendigedig! :grin:

I'll be going to my local Sainsbury's on Wednesday, so I'll check it out. :wink: