Sign in to follow this  
Louie le Brickvalier

Smyltnes Castle

Pretty scene, and very big! The battlements and corn fields are beautifully done!

I would suggest a couple of simple things though. To get rid of that gap under the castle just throw some brown or green tiles around the border of the base. That way you'll get that angled look (which is always great) and it'll be flush with the landscaping.

Also, I think your terrain could benefit from just a little more detailed landscaping by using some 1x1 and 1x2 plates to break up the lines of the different elevations. I try to show no more than three or four studs in a row before breaking the lines up with some smaller plates. Plants can also help with that.

Oh yeah, can you please, please, PLEASE tell me how you got that shield embedded in the castle wall like that?!? :grin:

Edited by MassEditor

I like the simplicity on the landscaping,.,,, While looking at it it looks like other than minifig scale moc and it works really well!

Thanks! I love hearing advice, especially when it's not just a single blunt sentence. You are indeed correct, though I will be needing to get some more bricks.

I believe the shield technique is a rather classic one that I believe was on Classic-Castle. It involves a 2x1 panel piece and a 2x4 arch. If you want, I can probably try and dig it up for you.

Thanks but I was able to find it!