EDGE

10216 Winter Village Bakery

Official press release from LEGO:

12+

687 pieces

US $ 54.99 UK £ 49.99 DE €54.99 € CA $74.99

Return to yesteryear with this festive holiday scene!

It’s a winter wonderland in this snow-covered little town! A special-delivery evergreen, all ready for decorating,

arrives at the tree-seller’s stand by horse-drawn cart, while ice skaters frolic on the frozen pond with colorful lights

and a curious owl perched overhead. Just look out for the freshly-shoveled snow piles – one skater has already tumbled in head-first!

At the bakery nearby, the friendly baker prepares delicious holiday treats in his oven and rings up sales at the cash register.

Push the glowing LEGO Power Functions brick to fill the building with warm interior light! Includes 7 ½ minifigures, snow owl, horse and lots of winter accessories.

• Includes 7 ½ minifigures as well as a snow owl and horse!

• Features LEGO Power Functions light-up brick which lights the interior of the bakery when you push it!

• Includes lots of fun winter accessories like a dark blue minifigure hood with new fur print!

• Prepare holiday treats and ring up sales at the cash register!

• Skate on the frozen pond made of 8×8 transparent blue plates!

• Interesting elements include a camera, tan baguettes, croissants, green apple, 8×8 transparent blue plates, medium blue tiles and even a new ‘caramel’ color for several brick and arch elements outside the bakery!

• Features an evergreen tree for decorating, tree seller’s stand and even a horse-drawn cart!

• Bakery measures 7″ (18 cm) wide!

• Completed model (depending on space allocated between the individual parts) measures 16″ (40 cm) wide, 12″ (30 cm) deep and 7″ (18 cm) high!

And the rest of the pictures all link to HR versions warning some are 2500 + pxl

a_10216_box_front.jpg

b_10216_detail.jpg d_10216_detail_3.jpg

c_10216_detail.jpg

e_10216_detail_4.jpg

f_10216_interior_1.jpg g_10216_interior_2.jpg

h_10216_skating_1.jpg i_10216_skating_2.jpg

j_10216_wagon.jpg k_10216_stand.jpg

l_10216_trees.jpg m_10216_stuck.jpg

n_10216_minifigure_1.jpg o_10216_minifigure_2.jpg

p_10216_minifigure_3.jpg

q_10216_minifigure_4.jpg r_10216_minifigure_5.jpg

s_10216_minifigure_6.jpg t_10216_minifigure_7.jpg

u_10216_minifigure_8.jpg

Icon_360-view_7.gif

Video:

design.jpg

Edited by Erdbeereis
Inserted image post

I wonder if it's bakery more like in 'Town' or 'Castle' ? This might also be the follow-up to MMV. In any case, sounds interesting!

It looks like it's meant to go with 10199 winter toy shop:

Lego to recreate the magical Christmas scenes.

Christmas came a small village covered with snow!

People who enjoy skating on the icy pond, you can recreate the fantastic scenes and lighted trees and owls.

Christmas suite will bake bakery kind.

You can light up the room lights on Pawafanshon.

7 minifigures , named after a winter with lots of accessories, such as creatures and owls

687 pieces

Sounds pretty legit to me. Especially given that TLC basically stated that they would be expanding upon the Winter Toy Shop. A bakery would fit in quite nicely, so it will be interesting to see some pictures eventually. Thanks again for the find.

Thank you very much for this information, EDGE! :classic:

That sounds great! A winter bakery in addition to the 10199 Winter Toy Shop is a great possibility to build up a whole winter village! :thumbup:

Of course it'll be City and not Kingdoms/Castle.

I'm only a bit confused about its price: about 115 Dollars would mean about two times that expensive than 10199. Could this mean that there'll be more inlcuded than only the bakery (vehicles, another house)?

Klaus-Dieter

After the huge success of the Toy Shop, this is no surprise to me, and a bakery is indeed a great addition to the "Winter" line. And Amazon has been a very reliable source until now. Just like all these expensive exclusives, I wont get it, but I can't wait to see it! I'm sure it'll be great!

Thanks for the news!

If you were to read the first post, you'd know that there is no image.

As far as the price is with this, there could just be a general Japanese price increase. When I was in Japan last summer, I noticed that a few Lego sets were much more expensive than in the U.S. For example, Skeleton Prison carriage cost around 4,000 Yen when I was there, and it's 20$ in the U.S.

I'm really excited about this set! It sounds awesome!

I can't wait 'til the pictures of the set come out. I'll put this next to my Winter Toy Shop. :classic:

Oooh! :thumbup:

Sounds great and I hope we get little minifig gingerbreadmen :cry_happy:

Sounds like a good use for the pieces used for the players in the Games sets.

That sounds great I do hope we get to see pictures soon, I do hope we keep getting new sets each year.

I totally agree with you, Cardinal Brick!

After a bakery then there should be a candy shop, a hotel, a small church and a family house.

Sounds like a good use for the pieces used for the players in the Games sets.

Those microfigs are still too big. And I even highly doubt it that we will get minifig gingerbread. But perhaps regular gingerbread (flat dark brown 1x2 plates). Pretzels would be amazing!

Do you think that there'll be a vehicle included? I really would like to get a modern styled snow mower.

Klaus-Dieter

I'm only a bit confused about its price: about 115 Dollars would mean about two times that expensive than 10199. Could this mean that there'll be more inlcuded than only the bakery (vehicles, another house)?

You should know by now that direct translation of Japanese price does not translate into $US.

Let's not get bogged down in the exact same price discussions we had when Japanese news of the Toy Shop and carousel leaked last year.

Thanks.

You should know by now that direct translation of Japanese price does not translate into $US.

Let's not get bogged down in the exact same price discussions we had when Japanese news of the Toy Shop and carousel leaked last year.

Thanks.

Ok.

But it's allowed to talk about the size of the set, isn't it?

Do you think that it'll be about the same size (and so will even include about the same number of minifigs, accessory and houses) like 10199?

Klaus-Dieter

Ok.

But it's allowed to talk about the size of the set, isn't it?

Do you think that it'll be about the same size (and so will even include about the same number of minifigs, accessory and houses) like 10199?

I imagine it will be at the same price point as last year's and probably about the same size.

I just don't want more endless variations on the 'OMG $US115!!!!11!' type discussions that went on last year when everyone should know by know that there isn't a 1:1 translation of international prices to US prices.

I'm pretty sure that it will cost 59 euro (the same as 10199). I thas roughly the same part number and it just the right price spot for christmas shopping.

Same goes for tower bridge which should be 320eur, just like Taj Mahal or Eiffel tower before that.

Those microfigs are still too big. And I even highly doubt it that we will get minifig gingerbread. But perhaps regular gingerbread (flat dark brown 1x2 plates).

I wasn't meaning them. I was thinking more about a new mould and/or in the style of the Karate guys Trophy in Series 2 of the collectable minifigs.

Those microfigs are still too big. And I even highly doubt it that we will get minifig gingerbread. But perhaps regular gingerbread (flat dark brown 1x2 plates). Pretzels would be amazing!

Do you think that there'll be a vehicle included? I really would like to get a modern styled snow mower.

Klaus-Dieter

I think we can guarantee over-sized croissants and I reckon a gingerbread man is a chance as a tile, hopefully printed and not a sticker. Remember Harry Potter sets have tiles printed as chocolate bars.

How big would an apple pie be if it contained about 10 lego apples, now that will be big.

I think we can guarantee over-sized croissants and I reckon a gingerbread man is a chance as a tile, hopefully printed and not a sticker.

Or they could just use these , like in market street.