Sign in to follow this  
MagPiesRUs

MOC: "The Aventine"

Welcome to The Aventine, a Roman-Mediterranean themed restaurant in the heart of the city. I've made this to go alongside my Hawk's Diner MOC in my 1950's town. The Aventine is still a work in progress, so hopefully I can improve it based on your feedback

Starting with the front of the restaurant:

IMG_2279.jpg

I'll try on a better decal later on, but I quite like the look of the old weathered sign:

IMG_2281.jpg

A view of the left side. The right side is the same, only it has two latticed windows instead of a door. I'm thinking that the sides may benefit from windows on the top.

IMG_2282.jpg

Inside the restaurant. It's a little cluttered, I'm thinking of removing something. The floor will most likely end up being tiled dark tan:

IMG_2283.jpg

IMG_2297.jpg

One of the tables, complete with Roman legionary statue:

IMG_2287-1.jpg

Above the doorway is a large statue of a Roman emperor:

IMG_2288.jpg

The chef's kitchen exterior, featuring a gladiator statue and some Roman pottery:

IMG_2295.jpg

And the kitchen interior. It's a little cramped, but the chef can live with it.

IMG_2293.jpg

A couple more shots of the interior:

IMG_2298.jpg

IMG_2285.jpg

Thanks for visiting!

IMG_2300.jpg

Enjoy! Feedback is much appreciated. :classic:

Edited by TinyPiesRUs

that's a really cool restaurant^^ I love it, looks like a restaurant you can put in the middle of the Pompeii's ruins ^^

thats is some pretty cool build you've got there. the interior is so intricately detailed, the hanging lights, statues, palm leaves... it really captures the Roman-Mediterranean feel really well.

Pretty design! Love all the "typical" details like the candles, the palms and that wonderful lamp :sweet:

I love it, looks like a restaurant you can put in the middle of the Pompeii's ruins ^^

??

Bluebard, I meant that it have a "roman looks" that can fit an antique roman city, from the outside^^ ( well almost ! )

Bluebard, I meant that it have a "roman looks" that can fit an antique roman city, from the outside^^ ( well almost ! )

I know, sorry :tongue: I was only pretending to do my typical historic reflexion :grin:

This is looking awesome already. You just need some wait staff wearing Roman outfits. I could also suggest you maybe add a double door to the front, but otherwise this MOC is looking great and I look foward to seeing complete with tiling etc. :pir-wink:

Good work! I have a suggestion, however.

I think it would look a lot better if you removed the long, tan, (2x5?) pieces you used for the walls. Why not add details or architectural designs?

Just my thoughts, but overall good job.

This is looking great TPRU! I really love all of the distinctly roman aspects you've included, especially the many statues and hanging chandelier! I can't wait to see how this progresses. By the way, how's your fifties diner coming along? Any chance of more pictures? Please?

That's an awesome MOC, TinyPiesRUs! :oh:

I must admit that when I saw firstly the first pic I thought: "Oh well, another CC styled MOC. :hmpf: "

But this wasn't the case when looking at all the other pics.

I really :wub: your MOC!

The interior of your restaurant is simply awesome and very realistic and charming! :oh:

The most I like the bar, the gladiator statue and the crown lamp.

Very, very well done! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter