Sign in to follow this  
blueandwhite

Battle of the Super Friends

This is my first town build in a looong time. Anyhow, I give you the 'Super Friends', a happy assortment of costumed friends out to save Heartlake City from the combined forces of the DC and Marvel universes. Friends make great superheroes, and even better hostages. The way they hold their arms straight up like that is quite impressive.

(Updated with DarthNick's vehicles and lots of Spielbergy goodness.)

7734449344_941383663f_z.jpg

7707657736_d1a56642aa.jpg 7707651966_f04f537046.jpg

Module A and Module B fit together to make it easier to fit into the store window at the Sherway LEGO store in Toronto. The buildings are each on 16x16 plates and sit on 2 32x32 baseplates.

Nice job. :classic:

I'd love to see some more closeup photos of the different scenes.

My favorite is the archer on the roof. Really nice fig and pose on the one. :thumbup:

Really nice job on the display, BaW!

Wasn't sure what to expect but, it looks great. :thumbup:

Nice job. :classic:

I'd love to see some more closeup photos of the different scenes.

My favorite is the archer on the roof. Really nice fig and pose on the one. :thumbup:

In retrospect I should have taken more pictures. I was in a rush to get this one set up and I only grabbed six shots; all of them from a distance. Next time I'm at the LEGO store I might grab a few more pics.

In retrospect I should have taken more pictures. I was in a rush to get this one set up and I only grabbed six shots; all of them from a distance. Next time I'm at the LEGO store I might grab a few more pics.

Drop a line to the LUG and see if anyone close can snap some more for you. :tongue:

Great scene. Hilarious ! :laugh:

So now that I've seen many Friends/City hybrid MOCs, Friends/Trains hybrids, Super Hero/Friends hybrid, one Friends/LoTR hybrid, and a Technic/Friends hybrid (the girly tank), I'm sure there must already exist Star Wars/Friends hybrid, right?

Edited by SheepEater

This looks great! :wub: Not only is the architecture of those buildings gorgeous, but the colors blend so nice. Would have loved to see some close ups of the little scenes as well though :wink:

Excellent designing and funny too 'blueandwhite'.....fusing two themes into one....though no Wonder Twins ? :laugh:

Brick On with your Super Friend's 'blueandwhite' ! :grin:

This looks great! :wub: Not only is the architecture of those buildings gorgeous, but the colors blend so nice. Would have loved to see some close ups of the little scenes as well though :wink:

Honestly, I really enjoyed this build. I love the friends colours and I am thinking about doing some more builds using a combination of tan/pink and tan/magenta. I actually wouldn't mind if LEGO released a Friends modular building as the colours really fit into town quite well.

This looks so good blueandwhite, I can see why it's on display. :wub:

The Friends colours are integrated brilliantly with the buildings, toning them (the colours) down nicely, and making this a lovely Town/Friends mix. As Cecilie says, the architecture of the buildings is great, and it's easily overlooked when spying all the tidbits of detailing you've put in.

More pictures would be great, yes please. :thumbup:

And if you're going to build more Friends inspired MOCs, then please don't forget to enter our Summer of Friends Building Contest as there are plenty of different categories (for instance something similar to this would work well for a Friends/Licensed mashup). :sweet:

Update: Battle of the Super Friends Spielberg Edition

There were some complaints about my build over at the LEGO store. Someone felt that having female minis (the Friends) being held hostage by male villains was sexist so I had to change the scene. Taking a nod from Spielberg I did the 'ET' thing and replaced the guns with walkie talkies.

7734387454_bd9c21a14a_m.jpg

While I was at the store I also had the opportunity to add Nick's awesome Friends Mech and VTOL fighter.

7734429288_21e44d3656_m.jpg and 7734471806_2c2c853f3e_m.jpg

Here's hoping that there are no more edits.

This is really great actually!

The buildings are fantastic and the little details are what really make a MOC shine for me, so you score points all over!

I'm also liking the new additions which help fill the gaps and make the scene look even busier, but not too much!

Did Olivia build the mech in her workshop? :tongue:

Ha! I love it. Great to see friends building Friends :rolf:

Love how you didn't go overboard on Friends colour like some people :look:

It really works. And even though you had to change up the display the walkie talkies are hilarious.

And Nick's mech is fantastic. Great job guys.

Totally a window you would be proud of!