I got mine todat and I builded it in 2H 44 Min. :classic:

What abauot your building times?

I think it's an awesome set. Great job LEGO! :thumbup:

Tibivi

What I do not understand is that the crawler costs more than the excavator, at least here in Norway. It is probably because of the new PF parts, but 8043 got 4 m-motors, 2 receivers, 2 controllers and 4 LAs.

What I do not understand is that the crawler costs more than the excavator, at least here in Norway. It is probably because of the new PF parts, but 8043 got 4 m-motors, 2 receivers, 2 controllers and 4 LAs.

I think that TLG wants quick the investments back, but the price differents in al the countries are stupide. Now in the Netherlands is the lowesd price € 134,50 and that is a normal price for the set

I got mine todat and I builded it in 2H 44 Min. :classic:

What abauot your building times?

I think it's an awesome set. Great job LEGO! :thumbup:

Tibivi

It's not about the time, ...... it's about the fun, ...... default_tong.gif

I build mine for six hours, ....... and enjoy every minute of it. default_thumbup.gif

It's not about the time, ...... it's about the fun, ...... default_tong.gif

I build mine for six hours, ....... and enjoy every minute of it. default_thumbup.gif

Mine little girl is now 3 weeks 7 year's old and see build it in 9 hours and i haved only asist whit some pinns and Povratnik has the right spirrit off it.

Not the building time is important, but the fun time is a lot more important.

I am currently modding crawler to 4 link and servo on axle, may I post pics here when I load them up on my computer? It's a WIP.

I think that TLG wants quick the investments back, but the price differents in al the countries are stupide. Now in the Netherlands is the lowesd price € 134,50 and that is a normal price for the set

Hopefylle this will result in more new PF parts and other useful parts in the future.

For those of you who like something with more speed, you can build this with only the parts from the 9398:

Anyone know where I can buy the speed remote at a good price? Lego shop want €25 including postage!

@ Jovel:

Very, very nice. I'm impressed with this "C-model". Nice speed. And a working steering-wheel is a big plus!

@ Jovel:

Very, very nice. I'm impressed with this "C-model". Nice speed. And a working steering-wheel is a big plus!

Yes nice moc but no good for off road as it was intended.

Great MOC, and excellent video production as well. Mind if I ask how you did the 3D text at the beginning?

tim

Yes nice moc but no good for off road as it was intended.

That's a ridiculous criticism. you may as well say that the 9393 B-Model dune buggy is no good for ploughing fields as intended.

That's an excellent MOC Jovel and looks good too.

That's a ridiculous criticism. you may as well say that the 9393 B-Model dune buggy is no good for ploughing fields as intended.

That's an excellent MOC Jovel and looks good too.

My thought's exactly.

Jovel, excellent MOC. The speed is outstanding. I like the working steering wheel. Well done.

Mine little girl is now 3 weeks 7 year's old and see build it in 9 hours and i haved only asist whit some pinns and Povratnik has the right spirrit off it.

Not the building time is important, but the fun time is a lot more important.

I strongly agree with you and Provatnik, but I placed my built time here

so that I can compare my skills with others. :classic:

@Jovel: Beautiful MOC, are there any instructions coming? :thumbup:

Tibivi

Edited by tibivi

I strongly agree with you and Provatnik, but I placed my built time here

so that I can compare my skills with others. :classic:

@Jovel: Beautiful MOC, are there any instructions coming? :thumbup:

Tibivi

If you think that time building are the same as building skills, your wrong :tongue:

If you think that time building are the same as building skills, your wrong :tongue:

@vf how does it perform in ur opinion against ur off road 8110?

@vf how does it perform in ur opinion against ur off road 8110?

Best David, The 9398 is compleet differend compares the 8110 Mod's and Moc's off it, because the 9398 is a lot lighter than the Moc,s off the 8110 i build and they had only 1 big motor for drive.

i realy like the new servo motor and olso the L motor is good, but the big motor has more torque.

Next week i will start to make a moc off 9398

Greetings Edwin

Edited by VFracingteam

For those of you who like something with more speed, you can build this with only the parts from the 9398:

Manual please! I prefer this speed over the regular LEGO cars any day!

For those of you who like something with more speed, you can build this with only the parts from the 9398

This is a excellent buggy and it speeds around really well and looks great with how you used the colours from what was available from 9398.

I scrapped the idea of making 9398 four link with original body/chassis and currently installing xl motor in middle of whole new very lightweight chassis, but still have a 9398 with all its guts ripped outdefault_tong.gif. Axles are finished and installed, geometry all figured out, cant wait to see how the servo directly on axle with no steering rack performs. Will post pics on brickshelf and here when finished. BTW coupling two L motors in a tight space in middle of chassis was hard, so I'm just going with xl. Unless someone has any bright ideas...

Thanks everyone, glad you like it.

Instructions are comming, I just need some time.

The 3d text at the start off the video is made with wax 2.0, a great free video editor.

Who's chucked the powerpuller wheels on it?

I tried that. It seems to climb OK with them and definitely looks better. The size of 9398 is built for those wheels, not the ones supplied!

I also tried with the 8051 motorbike wheels - another good result, especially on the flat.

I swapped over the front and rear z12 and z20 gears for better performance on the flat, then increased the speed again by doing the same to the gears either side of each motor. The latter was OK with 56mm or 49.6mm wheels but had too little torque with nig wheels. I compromised the ratio by reducing the front and read to 16:16 with extra gears from another set. This leaves an overall ratio of 5:7 from the z20 and diff.

I used the same ratio on a chassis I've had for many years, which I just fitted the PF parts to. Can't believe I've waited 17 years for TLG to produce a remote controlled car without wires that has proportional steering (using a train remote or NXT with IR Link sensor)! The chassis was designed with the smooth 49.6mm wheels and a low clearance so that a 1-piece lightweight body could be attached to the top in a similar way to commercial RC cars.

The speed of my car chassis, with L-motors at 5:7 to 49.6mm wheels, is OK for following it round the house but it's still nowhere near RC car speeds. TLG would need a much more powerful motor for that. The speed of 9398 with 5:7 and 8051 motorbike wheels is probably the best speed for a large vehicle - might be good for an Ariel Atom or similar.

I expect I will redesign the car chassis with a more studless approach, since it came from the 8440 era! This would also improve the integration of the motors.

I have many other applications for the Servo motor!

Mark