TAFOL

Squidward's music

In set 3818 Bikini Bottom Undersea Party, there's a 2x2 tile with Squidward's sheet music included:

3068bpb507.jpg

As I'm no musical expert, I have no clue what it says. So my question is: what music does these music notes represent?

Does anyone know? Thanks in advance for the answer.

I had a look at it, and I'm pretty sure it's nonsense. It doesn't have enough to be an actual piece of music (no treble or bass clef, no barlines, no time signature, no key signature).

It could be a piece of music that I'm not familiar with, but I doubt it. It doesn't sound good in treble or bass clef.

EDIT: Perhaps they purposely wrote it to sound bad, as Squidward's music is always horrible.

Edited by purpleparadox

There are also only 4 horizontal lines and a musical stave should have 5 lines so you can't tell what notes they are supposed to be.

D

Edited by Dazmundo

There are also only 4 horizontal lines and a musical stave should have 5 lines so you can't tell what notes they are supposed to be.

D

You're absolutely correct. That's another one of the things I was talking about, things that are missing from a normal piece of music.

When I played this "piece" on the piano (to see if somehow it WAS real) I just decided to play it as if the bottom line of this demented stave was the bottom line of a NORMAL musical stave.

Edited by purpleparadox

When I played this "piece" on the piano (to see if somehow it WAS real) I just decided to play it as if the bottom line of this demented stave was the bottom line of a NORMAL musical stave.

I'm curious: did you get something when you played this piece? Or did you get some sort of nonsense?

EDIT: Perhaps they purposely wrote it to sound bad, as Squidward's music is always horrible.

That made me laugh. Maybe they have indeed written it to sound bad on purpose. :laugh:

Edited by TAFOL

I'm curious: did you get something when you played this piece? Or did you get some sort of nonsense?

I got pure nonsense. It's also not written properly, so technically it's impossible to play in the first place.

If Lego made a 3x2 tile they could so much better with their printing of things like this. clipboards, newspapers, music... the possibilities are vast.

If Lego made a 3x2 tile they could so much better with their printing of things like this. clipboards, newspapers, music... the possibilities are vast.

Yea that would be useful. The closest they make is the 3x2 tile with clips.

A 2x3 tile would be a perfect and very useful part.

I would definitely cheer for that part to be produced. :thumbup:

But we're getting off topic, so back to the original question:

So the answer is that there's nonsense written on the tile, right?

Does anyone else have a different answer? Thanks in advance.

Seeing as there are no bar lines, time signature, or key, plus the fact that it's all eigth notes, shows that it's probably nonsense.