Sign in to follow this  
LuxorV

Discovery Bricks - Chapter 3

Nice work, big and detailed sets :-) By The way that was not IS, it was a stunt double, He'd never say "Sir" :-P

Also is that me in the last page last pic? X-D

Wonder where the mech went... Such a shame, next time just give it to me instead :'-)

Stauder

Edited by Stauder

Nice work, big and detailed sets :-) By The way that was not IS, it was a stunt double, He'd never say "Sir" :-P

Also is that me in the last page last pic? X-D

Wonder where the mech went... Such a shame, next time just give it to me instead :'-)

Stauder

Yes, it's you. And you were also driving the bulldozer, but it isn't shown in the first pics, due to camera angles :-$

LuxorV

A very neat and well done comic LuxorV! I love the sets, they look fantastic, and the humour is very funny in places. I especially liked Hinckley touching the control panel and Sinner killing the robot with boring talk (do I smell a bit of Hitchhikers inspiration there? :-P )

Overall an excellent job, as always.

Do you plan on more? Oh please do more!

Batbrick Away! >:-)

A very neat and well done comic LuxorV! I love the sets, they look fantastic, and the humour is very funny in places. I especially liked Hinckley touching the control panel and Sinner killing the robot with boring talk (do I smell a bit of Hitchhikers inspiration there? :-P )

Overall an excellent job, as always.

Do you plan on more? Oh please do more!

Sinner's scene with the Exo-Apes leader was inspired both by The Guide and Sinner's entry in the Kill a Skellie contest ;-)

I'm glad you like my work, and yes, I'm planning to do more, but it will take 3 or 4 months for chapter 4. [Time has come, and I'll be away in the field for paleontological digging now and then, with no possibility of using the net or my bricks :'-( |-/

So, expect my posts to be sporadic in the next months :-) ].

LuxorV

Wow! You've started doing comics! How convenient that I discovered these during the very episode in which I first appear, though I can't imagine why you started with episode 3 . Is this going to be one of those Star Wars things where you come back later and do really crummy episodes to fill in before the good ones? X-D

Whatever the case, top notch job on this one! *y*

It's called acting, something that some of us television professionals have learned to do. :-|

Yes, it's you. And you were also driving the bulldozer, but it isn't shown in the first pics, due to camera angles :-$

Brilliant! I shall steal that very excuse for when I don't want him on the show!

Time has come, and I'll be away in the field for paleontological digging now and then, with no possibility of using the net or my bricks :'-( |-/

So, expect my posts to be sporadic in the next months :-)

Need an assistant? I hear that a certain cub reporter is available. ;-)

Need an assistant? I hear that a certain cub reporter is available. ;-)

Since we have tons of rocks to carry, that could be a good idea. And, we'll be in Sicily, so he could reach us with a short swim, just to save on the travel expenses X-D . But we don't have money for his meals. Is it ok anyway 8-| ?

LuxorV

Since we have tons of rocks to carry, that could be a good idea. And, we'll be in Sicily, so he could reach us with a short swim, just to save on the travel expenses X-D . But we don't have money for his meals. Is it ok anyway 8-| ?

LuxorV

You've got a deal, considering I figured I'd have to pay you to take him. *sweet*

As for food, he can always fish or pick wild berries or something else entirely unsafe natural. ;-)

Sinner's scene with the Exo-Apes leader was inspired both by The Guide and Sinner's entry in the Kill a Skellie contest ;-)

I'm glad you like my work, and yes, I'm planning to do more, but it will take 3 or 4 months for chapter 4. [Time has come, and I'll be away in the field for paleontological digging now and then, with no possibility of using the net or my bricks :'-( |-/

So, expect my posts to be sporadic in the next months :-) ].

LuxorV

Ah, I see, I did recognise the Dungeons and Dragons input there, very clever. Good, I'm glad you're doing more, I love all the "run-on" creations going round EB. We have Exobuilder's comics, my Interactive Apocalypse, Dr.S's Grunts, This and more stuff I forget. Anyway, great job, I await the next one, and can't wait to find out what the Ancient walrus actually is.

Oh, and another favourite bit was the Block Block referencing :-D

Oh, and another favourite bit was the Block Block referencing :-D

And you just say it this way >:-( ?

You are supposed to keep up your title! ;-)

LuxorV

LuxorV

Ahh... Sicily. Where exactly shall ye be? Ill see if I can go and bring you blurred pictures of new sets to make ye work faster to get back sooner! (Where are you from btw 0.0 )

Sure sure, Acting... Can I use a lack of time and bricks excuse to explain myself? ;-)

Stauder

And you just say it this way >:-( ?

You are supposed to keep up your title! ;-)

LuxorV

Ah, yes. Here we go:

And so, with the renewing of the memory of our beloved Block Block, at the hand of our dear friend LuxorV, we are called to remember the moments we had with it. The laughter, the tears, the good times, and even the bad times, are not lost to us through the passing of good Block Block, but instead are lifted, renewed, and called up to us throughout our daily lives. These tears, this laughter, is never lost my friends, never. It stays with us, just like these memories, and it is our duty to pass these gifts onto our children and loved ones. Though Block Block is said to have left with us, perhaps he is more with us in his passing than he ever was in life, his legend living on through generations, sparking inspiration and joy. And so I do not spite good LuxorV, but instead embrace him, for he has reminded us all not that Block Block is dead, but that instead, and gloriously so, he lived!

I'll be working on a mountain 30 km north of Agrigento. And I'm from a small city near Milano.

LuxorV

A very funny story full of surprise, excitement and, of course, self destruction buttons! :-P

I love it! *wub* Great set pieces too. You did a very good job fitting in loads of EB references. Was the Block Block one a last minute edition or was this whole comic just done recently? One thing to pick on; the last frame really needs a "The End".

Now get digging and get back for more! :-D Good luck. *sweet*

I have been developing this comic for the last month. I added the BlockBlock part last week as I decided the SW cantina like bar was not good as a contest entry :-/ . I try to find a use for all the things build :-P

As for the The End, you are right. I had to anticipate the release of this, and I knew I was going to forget something :-|

Next time you'll check pag.11, you'll find a The End [just give me 5 minutes to photoshop it ;-) ]!

LuxorV

I laughed, I cried, I give it 2 thumbs and 8 fingers up! No wait! 3 thumbs and 10 fingers! *wacko*

You sure you're human 8-| ?

:-D

Thanks the great appeciation :-$

EDIT

Brilliant! I shall steal that very excuse for when I don't want him on the show!

Now I can demonstrate I used Stauder as driver for the bulldozer ;-) !

stauderdozer.jpg

I though he could enjoy that vehicle, since it isn't that different from those tanks he keeps building *y*

LuxorV

Edited by LuxorV

Ha! Proof! :'-) I must admit, The turnrate is a bit slow, but it sure is fun to drive! I think Ill take a mini Back to base with me :-P

Stauder

:tongue: How did I miss this? Sorry about that LuxorV. What a nice little fun surprise! I love the Block Block dream. That walrus always wants my croissant! He shall never get it. Never!!! I suppose there will be more. The ancient walrus mysteriously disappeared after all and I'm not sure we have a satisfactory explanation as to why I tried to steal the walrus DNA in the first place. I smell a sequel.

Everything needs a self-destruct button, of course. No matter how hard you try, you are destined to push it. That was a lot of fun. Great sets, nice story and very funny! The only suggestion I would make, and it's something I had to learn the hard way, would be to make sure the word bubbles are placed so people will read them in the right order. Sometimes they have to overlap to make sure people read the right thing first. It can be a pain, but it makes the story flow more smoothly. Besides that one small thing, wonderful job! Thanks for sharing the fun with us! :grin:

:tongue: How did I miss this? Sorry about that LuxorV. What a nice little fun surprise! I love the Block Block dream. That walrus always wants my croissant! He shall never get it. Never!!! I suppose there will be more. The ancient walrus mysteriously disappeared after all and I'm not sure we have a satisfactory explanation as to why I tried to steal the walrus DNA in the first place. I smell a sequel.

Everything needs a self-destruct button, of course. No matter how hard you try, you are destined to push it. That was a lot of fun. Great sets, nice story and very funny! The only suggestion I would make, and it's something I had to learn the hard way, would be to make sure the word bubbles are placed so people will read them in the right order. Sometimes they have to overlap to make sure people read the right thing first. It can be a pain, but it makes the story flow more smoothly. Besides that one small thing, wonderful job! Thanks for sharing the fun with us! :grin:

Thanks for the comments and for the advice, Hinckley. Yes, I need to work more on the bubbles' positions :blush: .

As for thw Ancient Walrus disappearance, I though some good Adam's fan would have noticed the sound it made :sadnew: .

I'll work on a sequel asap, but I fear it won't be ready until summer :look: . Too much work, and ever changing schedules OFF :hmpf_bad: .

LuxorV