Who's Going to Brickworld 2010?

111 replies to this topic

#101 Commander Assassin

Commander Assassin

Member: 5692

Posted 13 June 2010 - 10:32 PM

Can't wait to go this year!  :blush: I am not able to join you guys on Thursday, but I am planning to stay for the public hours on Saturday. I cannot wait to check out the fantastic MOCs you guys will be bringing! And, of course, I cannot wait to stop by the Brickarms booth to pick up some pre-releases. :wink:

#102 Chris Phipson

Chris Phipson

Member: 9274

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:35 AM

Stash,

I got a few of the MOCpages guys in for Saturday night as well. How many people should we make the reservation for? 20? Between EB and MOCpages (and a few Flickr stragglers) I'm sure we'll get at LEAST that many.

And on a seperate note, did Josh arrive yet? I seem to remember he was coming in early...

~Chris.
My MOCpage!

Dude, I got blogged!

#103 Deathdog

Deathdog

Member: 3970

Posted 14 June 2010 - 02:52 AM

As someone from the armpit of America (Indiana) who has eaten the aforementioned pizza, I'll be there Saturday night. No, I will not do the dance of pizza seduction at a sausage festival, so too bad for you.
Check out Glomshire Knights! http://glomshire.the...ries.com/comics
  Posted Image

#104 DaleDVM

DaleDVM

• Sweet Sassy Molassy

Member: 3920

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:13 AM

Last year Stash, Cop Mike, and I ordered delivery to the hotel and ate in the hallway.   The Westin has such comfy chairs...  Stash was workin the pick a brick event that evening and with the light display going on I think we ate pretty late.  However, I don't think that 20 of us eating pizza in the hall will work.  

Perhaps one of the conference rooms could be used.  Bryan if you are keeping up with these posts let me know if this is even possible.  Or maybe we are looking at going to the restaurant.  It all depends on how far we want to get from our LEGO.  I have spent so many hours building in the last month that I might get the shakes should I be away from plastic for too long!   :wacko:

I would prefer to eat in the hotel as long as we can find a spot to sit relax and chat.  20 of us ordering at the restaurant could take 2-3 hours.  Delivery is instant, as long as we order well ahead of time.

Since I am local I am also willing to bring a cooler full of "soda" or like we Chicagoans call it "pop".  Alcohol will have to be BYOB.

#105 Stash2Sixx

Stash2Sixx

• I am not a girl!

Member: 3094

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:05 AM

I'm just worried that if we go there to eat, it may take forever. Let me work on it a bit when I get to the hotel.

And yes, Josh is here already. I got an international house for the next few days. ISC, Quarryman, and Copmke.

Some people are like slinkies.  They're not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs! -Anonymous

"Life's tough...It's even tougher if you're stupid" - John Wayne

flickr

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

#106 Norro

Norro

• Writer & Director and Old Grey fetishist

Member: 315

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:23 PM

View PostStash2Sixx, on Jun 14 2010, 06:05 AM, said:

I'm just worried that if we go there to eat, it may take forever. Let me work on it a bit when I get to the hotel.

And yes, Josh is here already. I got an international house for the next few days. ISC, Quarryman, and Copmke.

Count me in (+1) for pizza! Looking forward to seeing you all Feel like I'm missing the fun though, next time I'm staying at Stash's... ; )

God Bless,

Nathan
Posted Image

#107 Col. Brik

Col. Brik

Member: 4374

Posted 14 June 2010 - 02:07 PM

We won't be staying (as I had previously hope too) overnight just coming down for the open day on Saturday. Work and other family obligations only give me one day. Just keep your eyes peeled for a Dad wearing UW Wisconsin apparel and two kids in tow :)

#108 Fires-storm

Fires-storm

• Modern Wright Brother

Member: 9182

Posted 14 June 2010 - 02:35 PM

Hmmm, eating in the hotel sounds like it has the possibility of being really fun. Got room for one more?
If you cannot win the battle, win the war.

#109 Deathdog

Deathdog

Member: 3970

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:04 PM

^I'm sure room will be made for any and all.
Check out Glomshire Knights! http://glomshire.the...ries.com/comics
  Posted Image

#110 Davey

Davey

• Dry Humper

Member: 6272

Posted 15 June 2010 - 04:11 AM

Stacy and I are all packed and leaving tomorrow morning at 9 am.  We'll be updating our Flickr stream periodically with photos of the journey.   :classic:  See you all soon!

-Davey
My Setlist // Dave's MOCPage // Stacy's MOCPage // ToT-LUG Photostream // Brickshelf Gallery // Our Blog

============================================================

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

============================================================

"What if the democracy we thought we were serving no longer exists, and the Republic has become the very evil we have been fighting to destroy?"

"And you don't want to be here in the future...so you say the present is just a pleasant...interruption to the past."

#111 I Scream Clone

I Scream Clone

• Returning Nocturnian Master

Member: 2955

Posted 15 June 2010 - 04:57 AM

Lookin forward to meeting all you guys at or before the event  :thumbup:

Now if Stash will just let us have a break from building.....

Got Questions? Need help? New member?,Read the site guidelines,Index of helpful tutorials

Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image

#112 Norro

Norro

• Writer & Director and Old Grey fetishist

Member: 315

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:08 PM

View PostI Scream Clone, on 15 June 2010 - 04:57 AM, said:

Now if Stash will just let us have a break from building.....

You're just fortunate the motivational shillelagh I sent him for these situations got lost in the mail ; )

God Bless,

Nathan
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users