sn205441.jpg

sn205479.jpg

sn205458.jpg

sn205450.jpg

sn205478.jpg

sn205471.jpg

sn205476.jpg

sn205464.jpg

Hi guys, I am honored to present to you Emporio Armani™ store, one of the latest additions to my Rodeo Drive style modular buildings, which was happily showcased at Bricks Adventure 2011 in Hong Kong in Jan 2011.

As I did with its predecessors, the interior of the EA store adopted some of the design elements from actual stores across the globe (I used mostly pictures from the net for reference, though I did peek into the real stores in town whenever I walk-by). As most of the real life EA stores look really contemporary and employ a lot of glass and steel on the facade, I designed my EA store as an old bank building retrofitted for the brand, giving it very large windows on one side and old fashioned, small windows with slanted roof on the other, to make it look more in line with my earlier stores.

Most of my time on the project went to building the logo, the thin-stripping technique posed a real challenge but was also the key to the look, which gave me lots of headaches over the past eight months (yes, the EA store was supposed to be completed 8 months ago, I shelved it 3 times because of the logo), fortunately I was able to complete it 2 weeks before the show.

I hope you enjoy the pictures and please share with me your comments and criticisms, thanks a lot!

WOW!!! That is really beautiful building! Fantastic job, Jaredchan! I'd love to see how it looks when it attached to your another modular buildings too. :classic:

Ooooh! That is such an amazing build!! :wub:

It's so detailed, inside and out, and I love the architecture of the building itself. The display windows are beautifully recreated with the minifigs and the columns on either side. I really do think this is absolutely stunning.

Thank you for sharing it with us.

Excellent job on that logo, you really nailed it :thumbup:. And those windows on the upper floor are superbly done, not to mention the smooth black stairs inside. :sweet:

Utterly awesome MOC! I think you've captured the brand to a tee, and there's some very creative use of elements (such as the visors).

Not much to add to what's been said. You really did a phenomenal job on both the exterior and the interior detailing of the building. I really like the way you SNOT-ed the glass into the staircase. Excellent work! :thumbup:

Outstanding. The logo is perfect, and your collection of suited torsos is impressive :thumbup:

Jaredchan, this is the way you build a MOC. Eye for detail and use of coulours.... proportion and an outstanding interior...!! Really very good work...it makes me jealous....jealous because i have not the creativity to build a MOC like that...!!!!

Greetz, LegoSjaak

That is a great building, with a very nice interior.

I like the windows, but the right upper window is very big. May I suggest an extra half floor. This would make the large window logical.

Impressive 'jaredchan' very impressive.....the exterior has some very classic lines and the display windows - so simply done yet make their side of build pop ! :grin:

The interior display tables and wall hangers - very nice indeed ! :thumbup:

All you need is a limo parked out the front ! :wink:

Anyway, excellent work 'jaredchan' and keep on......driving down Rodeo Drive ! :grin:

This is fantastic. A lovely design all over, with superb details, like that wonderfully smooth staircase. And the logo - well, the great thing with studying other people's MOCs is that you look at something and just go 'yeah, of course, that's the way to do that'. Everybody's learning from everybody :)

You got the loo spot-on.

As typos go, I think this one is rather good... I didn't spot the loo here, anyway :)

I love the classic exterior mixed with the modern interior. Fantastic Job.

Wonderful! The techniques around the roof and windows are great.

I also like the SNOT stairs alot, with the trans-clear brics in it. A lot of those small things together make this an awesome MOC :thumbup:

WOW! excellent! congratulation!

The intern are very nice detailed and builted with nice tecniques!

Very very good job!

Amazing piece of work! I am a huge fan of your past and present luxurious MOCs stores that pamper our LEGO Townies. :wub:

This Emprorio Armani is no exception and it really boost the presence of luxurious brands down your street along with the rest of the branded stores that you have built. Even the logo itself is accurate plus the interior is so nicely decorated. I felt as if I was entering the real store. You have certainly grasp the interior atmosphere right. :thumbup:

This is now featured in,

See it on Classic-Town.net

Let me add to the superlative salutations to your wonderful creation jaredchan! I'm a fan of your previous modular designer label stores, and this one certainly lives up to the expectations. Everything is just perfectly made, from the classy and modern external design to the highly-detailed interiors. Excellent work, and thank you for constantly sharing your talent here in EB. :thumbup:

Re Fuzzylegobricks: Thank you! :sweet:

Re LegoFan03: Thanks and here's a picture of the Bricks Adventure 2011 Rodeo Drive:

SN204587

The third store from the left is the work of Andybear, a fellow LEGO fan. My sixth building sits in the center of the block, I don't think it is as great as its predecessors though :tongue: Allow me to post it here as well when I get the time to shoot some pictures of it. :hmpf:

Re Pandora: Thanks! I originally planned to do "more" with the display window by placing underwear-C.Ronaldo and Megan Fox behind them, hehe :devil:

Re Cecilie: Thanks for the compliments! The logo and the staircase are also my favorite parts of the model.

Re Plissken: Thanks very much! :wink:

Re SilentMode: I guess this is the most efficient way to use the extra visors that we never need :classic:

Re Rick, Mrlegoninja, and prateek: Thank you for the kind words guys! I also really like the logo and the staircase myself. :blush:

Re LegoSjaak: Thanks for the compliments, I did a lot of trial and error and I still have a lot to learn, I am sure you can do something better than this in time! :thumbup:

Re Vincent Kessels: Hi Vincent, thanks for your kind words and of course your suggestion. The big windows on the right were designed to be so insanely big to give the building a modern look out of a classical stone-built frame and to bring in more light for the Bricks Adventure visitors to peek inside as we didn't install lighting for the modular buildings this year (btw, I also installed sky windows to 3 of my other buildings to make the interior more visible for such purpose). Let me see if an extra half floor will work without modifying the exterior, that should bring in more fun when looking from outside. :sweet:

Re lightningtiger: Thanks lightningtiger! I am not a good builder of cars but I had the chance to place a MOC limo of a fellow LEGO fan in front of the Gucci store last year, and it looked really nice! :wub:

Re Syn, -zenn, kill will, Admiral Croissant, and Teazza: Thank you so much and I am really glad that you guys like it! :grin:

Re WhiteFang: Thanks WhiteFang for your continuous support and blogging of this new store, I am really honoured! Just a minor note that the brand should spell "Emporio Armani" :wink:

Re KielDaMan: Thank you for your very kind words and I am so flattered! Now I am a bit afraid that the sixth store, which is a rather plain one, will be a big let down for you guys... :wacko:

Re brickyrob and CptMugwash: Thanks guys! :sweet: