Calabar

[KEY TOPIC] Official LEGO Sets made in LDD

8461 - F1 Williams - Theme: Racers or Technic

8461.png

Download LXF

Missing parts:

Panels 44350, 44351, 32188 and 32189 replaced with 44352 and 44353 which are shorter. As regards aesthetics this is the most critical point.

Differential 6573, not replaced as there was no room for part 62821.

Shock absorber 76537, because LDD only provides the fully extended mode, whilst the assembly required a half-compressed configuration. Replaced with a template.

Shock absorber 32181c01, replaced with a template.

The Universal joint 9244 was replaced with the shorter version 61903.

Wheels 22969 and tyres 32296, replaced with templates.

Flexible axles were arranged joining available parts 32580 and 32199.

Corrugated pipes were realized applying half bushes and short pipes 72504 to flexible outer cables like pearls to a necklace. This solution required a lot of work especially near to the engine. Some connection pins should be removed or modified in order to fit the hoses' lenght. I am not reporting the location of each of them but they are quite easy to find.

Assembly problems

Not able to close the upper cockpit at the end of the assembly. After several attempts I decided to avoid insanity and raised the whole cockpit connecting it to the model with cross blocks 3M instead of 2M. They have been painted 316 Titanium metallic in order to be easily located.

There is also a misalignment between left and right cockpit sides which had to be applied separately. That is why I used different parts from the original plans, also painted titanium, to place the upper air inlet.

Two issues may be interesting if not already detected: if I did not misunderstand completely the instructions it is impossible to connect panel #22 (44352) as shown at page 87 picture 7 as the pin is at least 2mm out of alignment from the hole.

The second one: at page 116 two panels #21 (44351 - not available in LDD) are connected frontally with two pegholes. I thought I could do the same with panels #23 (44353) but it was not possible although they have the same shape as 44351 in the lower side.

It should be all! The model has been so widely modified from the original that I can hardly consider it an official set...

7776 - The Shipwreck - Theme: Aquaraiders

LXF File

Errors: missing parts 2609b, 2607, boundary error between 50747 and model (cannot completely close), missing most prints and all stickers

Investigate this some more with physcial bricks, and it does seem that this is an illegal build. When you close the dome on a phycial model, the plate is pushed up slightly. So when you close the dome, it feels legit, but it isn't actually. Another case of bad design from TLG. (we're catching a lot of them here in the LDD forum :tongue:)

6731: Skateboarding Pepper-Theme: Island/Extreme Stunts

Welcome and thanks for your contributions.

There are two little things you should fix in your post:

- don't use forum's attachment function to share the lxf file and the image: there are hosting services suck as brickshelf that are much more suitable.

- the image is oversized: the maximum limit is 512x512 pixel, but for a such small set is recommended a smaller image (256x256 should be a good size).

EDIT: this time I replaced the image, because it is your first post!

I have been very lazy using LDD for a long time, but i finally got my self to do something whit it again. So here are two sets from POTC Theme.

Set Name: Captains Cabin

Theme: Pirates of the Caribbean (Licensed)

Year: 2011

Set Number: 4191

4191_captains_cabin.png

LXF

Errors: Missing some pieces and printings, some bricks are not existing and have been replaced or left out of the model.

Set name: Fountain of Yoth

Theme: Pirates of the caribbean (Licensed)

Year: 2011

Set Number: 4192

4192_fountain_of_youth.png

LXF

Errors: Printings missiing, some pieces are missing in LDD and have been replaced or left out of the model.

PS: I will work on these sets more tomorrow if i have some spare time, i try to find some pieces for these models wich do exist in Extended mode. I used universe mode making these.

Captain Becker

4512 (Dark Grey) Cargo Train, Theme: World City, Trains

4512-DarkGreyCargoTrain.png

No significant replacement parts were required (yippee), but as always not all the decorations are correct (esp. minifig faces). The windscreen parts are not correct as the originals are not in LDD. The two red straight tracks were added so that there is enough space to have the train on the track. The points (Switches) are not 9V type, but all that is available in LDD.

Note this model is composed in LDD 4.0 Only.

LXF File

Edited by roamingstudio

8289 - Fire truck (A model). Theme: Technics

legotechnicsfiretruck82.jpg

Erros in this model:

1) tyre 56 x 30 R balloon replaced by LDD part#55976. They are a little narrow, but fits ok.

2) The crane is not fully conneted: LDD part#32006 does not fit the green bricks..

3) In this picture you see that the front wings 47712 are replaced by LDD part#32527.

4) and that 75c06 rigid hose is replaced LDD part#55668. Is is too long, and but besides the model.

5) The front middle "wing" and the "basket" does not fit because of friction. They are put besides the model.

Get the LXF here.

Please feel free to correct the errors!

LDDTechnician

PS:

Thanks to

Superkalle for LDD manager,

Calabar for updating this topic

and to ToreM and Marco999 for keeping up the technics spirit!

Edited by Calabar

PS:

Thanks to

Superkalle for LDD manager,

Calabar for updating this topic

and to ToreM and Marco999 for keeping up the technics spirit!

And thanks to you for making such clear error reports. Makes it a lot easier to understand, and to eventually forward to the LDD team. :classic:

About the errors though:

2) I understand this is not really and LDD error, but more of a problem to align the beams correct? Am I right?

5) The middle wing I seem to be able to connect. Also the basket (but it is tricky). What was the exact problem you had (i.e. what do you mean by friction)?

And thanks to you for making such clear error reports. Makes it a lot easier to understand, and to eventually forward to the LDD team. :classic:

About the errors though:

2) I understand this is not really and LDD error, but more of a problem to align the beams correct? Am I right?

5) The middle wing I seem to be able to connect. Also the basket (but it is tricky). What was the exact problem you had (i.e. what do you mean by friction)?

2) Yes, it is "only" a problem with alignment. I tried many things ...

5) The middle front wing should connect like this. I might mis-interpret the building instruction. I tried the basket once more, and I think there is simply not enough space.

Again: Feel free to correct the errors - I´d loveto see the model with no errors!

LDDTechnician

5) The middle front wing should connect like this. I might mis-interpret the building instruction. I tried the basket once more, and I think there is simply not enough space.

Again: Feel free to correct the errors - I´d loveto see the model with no errors!

Here is the front wing fixed to start with. I agree, it was difficult to see from the instructions, but the trick was to tilt the wing slightly. In LDD the elements collide into each other and it possible to put the pieces together only because the collision boxes are slightly smaller then the surface. With physical bricks, the elements are probably under stress and so in other words - this is an illegal design by TLG. But at least in this case we can re-create it in LDD.

8289FrontFix.lxf

Welcome and thanks for your contributions.

There are two little things you should fix in your post:

- don't use forum's attachment function to share the lxf file and the image: there are hosting services suck as brickshelf that are much more suitable.

- the image is oversized: the maximum limit is 512x512 pixel, but for a such small set is recommended a smaller image (256x256 should be a good size).

EDIT: this time I replaced the image, because it is your first post!

Thx, but im going to have keep using this one, I don't have any other. Sorry.

Thx, but im going to have keep using this one, I don't have any other. Sorry.

Hi again.

If you have not other images, you can make one using LDD screenshot function.

Then you have to reduce the size of the image to a maximum of 512x512 pixel.

Image is necessary for the set to be indexed.

Read the topic's rules in the first post of this topic to see haw to do a regular post.

About hosting image and lxf file, I recommend you to create a brickshelf account.

852 Helicopter - theme technics

lddscreenshot12.jpg

lxf

Errors in this model:

Bricks replaced:

BLitemID LDD-part#

3001old 3001

3001old 3001

3002old 3002

3651 32013

3704 32062

3736 2741

9244 61903

x187 3648

Some small hinge-errors:

axle too short

axle too short

axle too short

re-designs:

seat moved backwards

landing gear: the axle in green connector too short, and hole with red connector is used in the original. It might be an error.

landing gear: hole with red connector used in the original.

LDDTechnician

Edited by LDDtechnician

Here is the front wing fixed to start with. I agree, it was difficult to see from the instructions, but the trick was to tilt the wing slightly. In LDD the elements collide into each other and it possible to put the pieces together only because the collision boxes are slightly smaller then the surface. With physical bricks, the elements are probably under stress and so in other words - this is an illegal design by TLG. But at least in this case we can re-create it in LDD.

thanks!

LDDTechnician

3677 Red Cargo Train: Theme Trains

Models updated to LDD 4.2.5 by Sjuip, MANY THANKS!

3677-RedCargoTrain-LDD425.png

Complete set: LXF 4.25 or LXF 4.0

As always stickers are missing. The models are subgrouped inside the main LDD file; and for those who have difficulty opening it, the sub models are listed below.

Locomotive LXF 4.25 old LXF

Errors

• 9V motor and decorative sides instead of PF version
  • Custom Battery Box
  • Windscreens are wrong; no decorative sides.

Unimog LXF old LXF

Errors

• Some colours / parts are hard to differentiate (horizontal clips), and my need to be checked again.

Work Wagon LXF old LXF

Errors - None (except stickers)

Coal Wagon LXFold LXF

Errors - None (except stickers)

Structures LXF old LXF

Errors

• Conveyor belt is made from custom parts.
  • Uprights are made from custom parts.

Hazzard Wagon LXF old LXF

Errors - None.

Track LXF

Minifigs LXF

Edited by roamingstudio

4310 - Orange Racer - Theme: Racers (Drome Racers)

4310_orange_racer.png

LXF File

Errors: No printing on the front mudguard element, and although the instructions call for two red 1x4 plates, the BrickLink inventory suggests there could be a single 2x4 plate in the set instead.

-Toa Of Justice

EDIT:

4309 - Blue Racer - Theme: Racers (Drome Racers)

4309_blue_racer.png

LXF File

Error: No printing on the windscreen element.

EDIT 2:

4308 - Yellow Racer - Theme: Racers (Drome Racers)

4308_yellow_racer.png

LXF File

Error: No printing on the windscreen element, and although the instructions call for two red 1x4 plates, the BrickLink inventory suggests there could be a single 2x4 plate in the set instead.

EDIT 3:

5994 - Catapult - Theme: Knight's Kingdom II

5994_catapult_v2.png

LXF File

Errors:

-I could not find part #47576 in LDD. UPDATE August 9, 2011: LDD 4.1.8 made this part available!

-The axles can't center individually in their bearings, but I can center both axles simultaneously.

-I cannot perfectly center the horse helmet on the clip.

-When I tried to activate the catapult's hinge, it moved the whole catapult as well as the hinge! :laugh: It reminded me of cheap medieval engineering in certain comedies and cartoons. In order to get the hinge into a proper position, I had to remove one of the TECHNIC pins and the bearing from the rest of the model, rotate it, and then put it back.

Edited by Toa_Of_Justice

1182 Adventurer's Raft - Theme: Adventurers

1182%20Adventurers%20Raft.png?dl_name=1182%20Adventurers%20Raft.png

LXF File

2879 Desert Expedition - Theme: Adventurers

2879%20Desert%20Expedition.png?dl_name=2879%20Desert%20Expedition.png

LXF File

2995 Adventurer's Car - Theme: Adventurers

2995%20Adventurers%20Car.png?dl_name=2995%20Adventurers%20Car.png

LXF File

1x2 tile doesn't connect to middle of cockpit piece.

2996 Adventurer's Tomb - Theme: Adventurers

2996%20Adventurers%20Tomb.png?dl_name=2996%20Adventurers%20Tomb.png

LXF File

5901 River Raft - Theme: Adventurers

5901%20River%20Raft.png?dl_name=5901%20River%20Raft.png

LXF File

5906 Ruler of the Jungle - Theme: Adventurers

5906%20Ruler%20of%20the%20Jungle.png?dl_name=5906%20Ruler%20of%20the%20Jungle.png

LXF File

5918 Scorpion Tracker - Theme: Adventurers

5918%20Scorpion%20Tracker.png?dl_name=5918%20Scorpion%20Tracker.png

LXF File

5975 T-Rex Transport - Theme: Adventurers

5975%20T-Rex%20Transport.png?dl_name=5975%20T-Rex%20Transport.png

LXF File

Brick built substitute for trailer baseplate.

5987 Dino Research Compound - Theme: Adventurers

5987%20Dino%20Research%20Compound.png?dl_name=5987%20Dino%20Research%20Compound.png

LXF File

Brick built substitute for base piece, replacements for old-style hinges, technic liftarms substituted. Plane propellors left unattached as they're a mass of illegal techniques.

Edited by AndyC

5987 Dino Research Compound - Theme: Adventurers

LXF File

Brick built substitute for base piece, replacements for old-style hinges, technic liftarms substituted. Plane propellors left unattached as they're a mass of illegal techniques.

I love these old Adventureres series. :wub:

About propellers, they are actually not illegal (belive it or not). The 4733 brick with four studs should attach fine into the 60208 TURBINE (but LDD is lacking the connectivity, so that's one down for the LDD guys in Denmark to fix). And the 3673 CONNECTOR PEG can actually sit inside the 4733 since the four studs make cavities that allow the pin flanges to expand, thus not creating any stress on the pin. Even so, I don't think this build would be accepted by DesignLab today since props would probably fall out to easily if being spun by kids. That's my guess at least.

Prop assembled in attached file

Also, I go the "one brick removed" error when opening. It seems to be the chain of the boat that is the problem.

Prop.lxf

These are my first official sets made in LDD :classic: :

374-1 Fire Station - Theme: Town

374-1_fire_station_screenshot.png

LXF File

Errors List

Printed or stickered parts are plain

3001old replaced with 3001

3062a replaced with 3062b

3149c01 replaced with 2 3020s on top of each other

No bb18a or bb18b

122c01 replaced with brick-built alternative

bp01 replaced with a combination of 3865 and 4282

210 replaced with a combination of 6098 and 3027

3002old replaced with 3002

3581 replaced with 2 3005s on top of each other

3040a replaced with 3040

2 3582s left out at the side because they can’t be attached because of the lack of 2 3581s

All 4 3644s missing

3144 missing

3596 missing

7284 missing

376-2 House with Garden - Theme: Town

376-2_house_with_garden_screenshot.png

LXF File

Errors List

Stickered parts are plain

3001old replaced with 3001

69c01 replaced with brick-built alternative, consisting of a 3794 and 4599

3040a replaced with 3040

7026 replaced with 60592c01

2 3042s on roof replaced with 3 3043s

3042 on roof preplaced with a combination of 3044 and 3043

3044a replaced with 3044

600-2 Police Car - Theme: Town

600-2_police_car_screenshot.png

LXF File

Errors List

122c01 has been replaced with a brick-built alternative

3062a replaced with 3062b

6517 Water Jet - Theme: Town

6517-1_water_jet_screenshot.png

LXF File

Errors List

Printed or stickered parts are plain or have been replaced with a similar design

2446px6 replaced with 30124

6518 Baja Buggy - Theme: Town

6518-1_baja_buggy_screenshot.png

LXF File

Errors List

Printed parts are plain or have been replaced with a similar design

6014a replaced with 6014b

~buddy~

8258 Crane Truck- Theme: Technic - LXF file

8258.jpg

Errors:

•1x Light Bluish Gray Electric, Pole Reverser / Polarity Switch missing

•1x Black String, Cord Medium Thickness 200cm missing

•1x Black Technic Hook Large Metal missing (axle for attaching the string attached directly to arm)

•3x Technic, Gear 24 Tooth Clutch replaced by Technic, Gear 24 Tooth (New Style with Single Axle Hole) in white color

•2x Red Hose, Soft Axle 12 do not bend in LDD. Replaced by Red Hose, Soft Axle 11

•No stickers.

601-1 Shell Filling Station - Theme: Town

601-1_shell_filling_station_screenshot.png

LXF File

Errors List

3317 replaced with 3004

X77b missing from model

3002old replaced with 3002

X454pb01 replaced with brick-built alternative that has a plain flag

602-1 Fire Chief's Car - Theme: Town

602-1_fire_chiefs_car.png

LXF File

Errors List

122c01 has been replaced with a brick-built alternative

1177-1 Santa's Truck - Theme: Town

1177-1_santas_truck_screenshot.png

LXF File

Errors List

Missing paper02

30235 has been replaced with brick-built alternative

2435 is placed loose in the back of the truck in the instructions but cannot be placed loose in the back of the truck in LDD, so it is left at the back of the truck

~buddy~

7877 - Naboo Fighter - Theme: Star Wars - LXF File

7877.jpg

Errors

• 1x 92279 not presend in LDD.
  • 2x 3849 couldn't be placed in correct place, placed next to the model.
  • No stickers on parts and no prints or not correct on minifigs

Edited by P4trickvH