Sign in to follow this  
user

Podrace upgrades.

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Greetings starwars fans I am sure all of you remember the famous Boonta eve podrace in episode one and many of you remember the fantastic set made for that scene So I decided to make a great set even better so here they are!

Gasgano's

4110881778_2794f2f24c.jpg

Sebulba's

4110881786_98d6774e46.jpg

Bigger pics on Flickr.

Link.

C&C are welcome thanks for looking!

Looks really good!

Is it possible to put some transclear round bricks underneath the engines and the pod it self to make it stand straight?

I never liked the idea of using all the tan bricks as well and been looking for a way to do kind of like you did.

I don't remember the specifics of the LEGO verison but I'm guessing yours is much better, I can't imagine sebulba's being as detailed as yours.

They both look great, but Sebulba's does it for me :wub:

podrace001.jpg

Taken from this fine review

I have a hard time seeing what you did differently.

Sorry.

Oh, hrm. I guess I didn't give LEGO much credit, sorry man, but they look very similar. :sceptic:

To me it mostley looks like the tan pieces that holds engines together with the pod is removed.

To me it mostley looks like the tan pieces that holds engines together with the pod is removed.

That's what I thought.

But I'll let the benefit of doubt and lack of angle pictures decide.

Can you please share what you did to upgrade them?

My dad was getting impatiant with taking pics so these are the only pics I could get I'll try to get more later. But I replaced the cylinder parts on gasgano's pod with some grills and greebles and changed the side parts of sebulba's where the vents where to make it more "Movie accurate" and added the tubes on the control pod and made some color changes on gasgano's pod the black 2x4s that were showing on the fronts of the main pods were changed to dark green and changed the way the power cords connected to the engines from the control pod. I'll try to take more pics later.

Looks good :thumbup:

But i'll have to agree with the others....sorry.

More pics of where you did the mods would be good. :sweet:

From what you say it does sound like they look more movie accurate. :thumbup:

CommanderFox

Edited by CommanderFox

Well, the changes aren't really noticeable at first sight, but now that you pointed out your "upgrades", I guess these are improved. Some more pics will probably do them more justice.

But I agree with Ras that you should make some sort of trans-clear support for these since it looks like the pods just broke down at the moment. :tongue:

But I agree with Ras that you should make some sort of trans-clear support for these since it looks like the pods just broke down at the moment. :tongue:

Well I'll try but trans clear is one of my most lacking colors. :sceptic: I'll probably convince my dad to take more pics soon.

Yeah I also had trouble seeing the changes before you pointing them out. I would love to see close ups of the mods if that is possible.

Well I'll try but trans clear is one of my most lacking colors. :sceptic: I'll probably convince my dad to take more pics soon.

Don't you at least have car windows? I have tons of those, and they would do just fine.

Just steal his camera and take 'em yourself! :tongue: (Kidding, of course)