Sign in to follow this  
LazorApple

Ideas for town moc

Ok eurobricks I need your help! Recently I bought a green baseplate to build a town on. So far I have a coffee shop, a park and road/sidewalk. But I have no idea what kind of stores to build! Would love some help and pictures of what they would sell, etc. for example if it was a tool shop a picture of like a power tool you made. thanks in advance!

-Lazorapple

Have a look here in the Town forum (where I also moved your thread). I'm sure you'll get lots of inspiration.

Welcome to Eurobricks, LazorApple. There are two indices, from where you can find inspiration for layouts:

- Town Layout Index (new)

- Index: Town Layout (old)

What kind of buildings are you making? Classic open-back? Modular?

Please do not hesitate to show your layout when you think it's ready for publishing.

Just take a drive/walk around your hometown! That'll give you all the inspiration you need! clothing shops, grocery stores, sporting goods, toys, housewares, books… there are so freakin' many different kinds of shops! And then there's things like schools, libraries, museums, community centers… Endless possibilities!

What really helped me was thinking of what kind of city I wanted… did I want a big city or a small town? A big city would need things like office buildings, big shops, entertainment like theaters, and loads of infrastructure. A small town would need small specialty shops, a meeting spot like a bar or coffeehouse, gardens, paths and small scale buildings… After I made my pick (small town) I wrote down what kind of amenities I wanted; bakery, grocery store, butcher, etc. This helped me with searching parts, deciding colors etc.

example: this is the bakery and what it's selling

AuDiKc8.jpg

Good luck with your endeavor! And don't forget to have fun! :pir-laugh:

Now choosing shops to MOC.....well simple take inspiration from those around your area and try to make them in Lego....you might surprise yourself on how that works out......that's what I do.

Here's part of my work just to help you along.......

000000_new_mannum_2015_978.jpg

Good luck and Brick On 'Lazor Apple' ! :grin:

Well I hope this list helps you come up with some ideas, you must show us your town at some point to. :classic:

Museum, Theater, Police Station, Hospital, Fire Station, Restaraunt, Mall, Apartment Building, Duplex, Grocery Store, Bakery, General Store, Hardware Store, Car Dealer, Department Store, Clothing Shop, Toy Store, etc.

A food store, like a supermarket. A lego town should have a police station and a fire station IMO.

I've built a classic post office in my town, but there are no post offices in my country anymore for regular people, so I might remake it into a small takeaway thai restaurant. The post service can move in to the supermarket.

Here's an inspiration pic.

soltown15.jpg

Edited by mikaelsol