XimenaPaulina

Jedi Shuttlebus

gallery_101_23_281.gif

After a series of MODs in my previous projects, I decided to create something original that has not yet been done in lego before. One of the more prominent background vehicles in the SW movies that has really caught my attention when I first saw it in RoTS, I'm proud to present to you, The Jedi Shuttlebus.

5070592036_2060726ea9_b.jpg

The Jedi shuttlebus, also known as the Jedi shuttle or Senate shuttlebus or Senate speeder bus, was a model of airbus used on Coruscant during the final years of the Galactic Republic by members of the Galactice Senate and the Jedi Order. - Wookieepedia

Different views:

5070592050_340a48a917_z.jpg

5070592062_44618bc647_z.jpg

5070592066_f333e9c55d_z.jpg

5070592076_97a2c98ecc_z.jpg

5070598248_cacfb7f702_z.jpg

5070598256_c9d7f28cbd_z.jpg

With passengers inside: The jedi are going into a li'l field trip...

5070598266_65d4bd8cd1_z.jpg

A closer look inside:

5070598272_2eae68acb7_z.jpg

The front can accomodate astromechs (Left) and the Pilot station at the back of the shuttlebus (Right)

5070598278_cbf3e90a10_z.jpg

Opening door with platform

5070598288_c095418cb6_z.jpg

How big is this thing? Technically, this shuttlebus is 48 studs long and 8 studs wide. The comparison photo below shows its relative size to other SW vehicles. I tried to be as accurate as possible with the right proportions, and I think it turned out pretty well.

5070608334_5e6d535879_z.jpg

The Inspiration: The real Jedi Shuttlebus (as it appeared in this scene in RoTS).

5070608346_6154fc2dab_z.jpg

Link to Hi-res pics: KielDaMan's flickr page

Behind the Scenes: This is my Post #2222. I've had this weird habit of commemorating my uniquely numbered posts. default_laugh2.gif

Well, that's it I hope you like it guys! C & C's are welcome!

UP NEXT: Revisiting an old MOC (you just saw a glimpse of it above default_blink.gif)

Edited by KimT

Behind the Scenes: This is my Post #2222. I've had this weird habit of commemorating my uniquely numbered posts. default_laugh2.gif

Same here :laugh: I did that with 1111.

Very accurate to the original KDM, Im liking your custom stickers more and more seeing them on your MOCs. :thumbup:

The whole construction looks very sturdy and Aerodynamic - sleek. :wub:

The purple tan combo looks great!

The door - hatch is spot on, when I first saw the pic, I thought, 'I wonder if he has done the hatch?'

Overall very nicely done! Im looking forward to the "revisiting of an old moc!" should be exciting. :sweet:

CF

Edited by CommanderFox

Very cool! It's really amazing how accurate it looks. In the picture with the passengers Yoda looks very bored. It's like he's thinking about what groceries he needs to pick up when the bus reaches the supermarket. :laugh::yoda:

In the picture with the passengers Yoda looks very bored. It's like he's thinking about what groceries he needs to pick up when the bus reaches the supermarket. :laugh::yoda:

:laugh: Don't diss Yoda! It's not like he can help having CW eyes! :laugh:

CF

'KielDaMan' just AWESOME ! :grin:

Very true to the one in the show, great work and as Yoda might say, Bricking.....you must keep on doing ! :yoda:

I love it! This is one of my favorite vehicles!But maybe its just the picture but...shouldn't it be purple instead of blue?

Hey, it's not so strange; I pointed out post 1138 in (I think) the 2011 Rumors thread.

I really like the curves on this vehicle, it's one of the more notable civilian vehicles on Coruscant that I like. The only little nitpick is that yours doesn't have quite the same flange on the bottom like the 'real' one, but I don't know of any simple way to add that into the studs-up design of your MOC.

Very accurate to the original KDM, Im liking your custom stickers more and more seeing them on your MOCs. pirate_thumbup.gif

The whole construction looks very sturdy and Aerodynamic - sleek. default_wubnew.gif

The purple tan combo looks great!

The door - hatch is spot on, when I first saw the pic, I thought, 'I wonder if he has done the hatch?'

Overall very nicely done! Im looking forward to the "revisiting of an old moc!" should be exciting. default_satisfied.gif

CF

Thanks Comm. Fox! I really made it a point to have a functional opening door hatch, that was one of the coolest feature of the shuttlebus I saw in the movie.

Very cool! It's really amazing how accurate it looks. In the picture with the passengers Yoda looks very bored. It's like he's thinking about what groceries he needs to pick up when the bus reaches the supermarket. default_laugh_new.gifdefault_yoda.gif

"Zerb, my young padawan, making fun of your master, why do you? Put you on intense rigorous training, surely I will." - default_yoda.gifdefault_tong.gif

Thanks Comm. Fox! I really made it a point to have a functional opening door hatch, that was one of the coolest feature of the shuttlebus I saw in the movie.

If not the only feature. :tongue:

Yeah, it is the only feature of the shuttlebus. At least, there aren't any flick-fire missiles. default_tong.gif

Wait- does it have headlights?

Great MOC! :thumbup:

The custom decals detract a bit from the overall look, but I see why you wanted to use the Slave 1 windscreen instead of working out some more brick heavy solution as you did in the back.

Ahsoka: "Are we there yet?"

Anakin: "Patience, my young padawan."

Obi-Wan: "You're not that old either."

Yoda: "All of you, quiet be!"

:wink:

Great work KielDaMan. :thumbup:

I really like this Coruscant vehicle, you have really mad a great Jedi Shuttlebus.

You've captured the looks perfectly, but why is the tan color so strange looking at some places?

The stickers you've used look really well done, on that big cockpit piece. :classic:

the Inventor

Wait- does it have headlights?

Sadly, none.

Hey, it's not so strange; I pointed out post 1138 in (I think) the 2011 Rumors thread.

I really like the curves on this vehicle, it's one of the more notable civilian vehicles on Coruscant that I like. The only little nitpick is that yours doesn't have quite the same flange on the bottom like the 'real' one, but I don't know of any simple way to add that into the studs-up design of your MOC.

Yeah it was quite hard to pull that-off with current design, I just did what I could do to as much as apossible replicate the flange of the real shuttlebus.

Sadly, none.

Hmmm...

Red tipped Castle arrows?

Laser cannon that deal more damage when flung somewhere?

Missiles for cheating in races?

Great MOC! pirate_thumbup.gif

The custom decals detract a bit from the overall look, but I see why you wanted to use the Slave 1 windscreen instead of working out some more brick heavy solution as you did in the back.

Thanks Skafte. I actually am also not a fan of those decals. <Darn those peeling stickers..> A better solution would have been painting the cockpit, but I wasn't ready to 'risk' yet that useful cockpit piece.

Great work KielDaMan. pirate_thumbup.gif

I really like this Coruscant vehicle, you have really mad a great Jedi Shuttlebus.

You've captured the looks perfectly, but why is the tan color so strange looking at some places?

The stickers you've used look really well done, on that big cockpit piece. default_classic.gif

I appreciate the kind words the Inventor. default_classic.gif Uhmm, those strangely colored tan pieces are actually painted parts, that was the closest color match to TLG's tan available in our place. It does look weird but I just have to look at those uneven colors as a something of a 'wear-and-tear' surface effect of the real shuttlebus .

I love it! This is one of my favorite vehicles!But maybe its just the picture but...shouldn't it be purple instead of blue?

I'm glad you liked it ceroknight. Those parts are purple, but due to my amateurish photography skills (bad lighting - too much glare/light I guess), and repeated photoshopping, the color turned to blue in the edited photos.

Lovely shuttlebus, KDM! :thumbup:

Very detailed and movie-accurate! The stickers are very well-applied too! It's a shame its not purple and that the base isn't quite the right shape (that's what I noticed about the door). Still, its an excellent representation!

Good work! :classic:

Edited by ADHO15

Wow this is absolutly amazing one thing though I think the top back cock pit should be turned around and then it would be perfecto :sweet:

BTW who won the razor squad competition just wondering :look:

Edited by Darth Jar Jar

Very nice! I have a thing for Coruscant vehicles. :thumbup:

Thanks! I might actually try other Coruscant vehicles in the near future as I also like the hi-tech civilian nature of these vehicles.

'KielDaMan' just AWESOME ! :grin:

Very true to the one in the show, great work and as Yoda might say, Bricking.....you must keep on doing ! :yoda:

Why thank you my friend. :classic: Heed the advice of Master Yoda I will. :wink:

Very nice :thumbup:

Thanks. :classic:

Simply amazing! It looks like it could almost be a set for 2011.... Keep up the great work KielDaMan!

It looks better tan TLG could ever do they would load it with flickfires and bombs dropping from the bottom and put a huge price tag on it :tongue:

Edited by Darth Jar Jar

As the picturesque were loading I was formulating commentary I'm how much it loomed like the movie version, but it looks like that was your inspiration.

Great job, it really looks accurate.