Sign in to follow this  
Lasse

Fabuland and Friends GBC

builders_guild.gifgallery_15845_212_1480.png

This is my first two GBC modules.

The Fabuland GBC module is build for a LEGO exhibition in Denmark in April 2011. But I have not photographed it before this month.

x_gbc_fabuland.jpg

The Danish LUG Byggepladen had recently had a Friends GBC contest. For this contest I have build a Friends GBC module:

x_gbc_friends.jpg

I have made a video to show how they work:

Quite nice. It's rare that I see "themed" GBC modules. At first I was worried that too few of the moving parts would be visible for the modules to have the maximum visual impact, but the video did a good job showing that the windows allow a decent view of the moving parts. The one thing I would complain about is that the movements of the airplane feel a little chaotic... I wish there was a way to slow down its movement, but I imagine you've packed this thing too tight to fit many more large gears. And anyway, I'm sure nobody seeing the machine in motion will really mind-- they'll be too impressed!

Edited by Aanchir

I find this much more interesting than the classic GBC modules. It looks nice, and I was surprised to see a 'flying plane', although it's pretty windy up there. It's nice to have a video included to actually see the moving parts.

What a great idea! 1) Themed GBC module (never seen before); 2) The way the technic is included (you can't see too much but everything is clear). I like the mouse lubricating the gear the most! And the trans clear cafe, being quite original and offering a good view on what's going behind. And I love the airplane! Yes, it is some hectic, but it fits to Fabuland so well!

I loved all of your creations so far, but this one adds another level! You (and your mother :wink: ) are one of the most talented Lego builders in the world, IMHO!

Just great! I love it! Not complex mechanisms but a great design makes it one of the best GBCs I have seen this year. Congrats! ;)