LEGO Family

Swimming pool.

indexed.gif B-OV-30E

Hey all.

Im new to Eurobricks. Some might know us from MOCpages.

I just recently stumbled across the Eurobricks site and joined in offcourse.

I wanted my first post here to be something very diffrent than what we usually build.

This is a swimmingpool we made for the 2012 MOCathalon. I like it a lot cause its such a clean build.

If i ever was to be castaway, where would i end up ? ...

Well, im scared of water, so chances for me being on an airplane flying across water would be about zero ... Being on a ship sailing across water ... Yeah Right ! ....

However i could imagine this scenario:

castaway%20%281%29.JPG

I would accidentally fall into a pool at a vacation reservoir grabbing whatever there is to hold onto.

castaway%20%282%29.JPG

I would for sure go for the island in the middle where the pretty womans are located and serving cocktails.

castaway%20%283%29.JPG

Then there would be the dude from the hotel yelling at me: Give that kid back his safety west. Those maps aint for free, and where the hell did you get that paddle !!! ???

castaway%20%284%29.JPG

castaway%20%285%29.JPG

And the rest of the pictures are all details.

castaway%20%286%29.JPG

castaway%20%287%29.JPG

castaway%20%288%29.JPG

castaway%20%289%29.JPG

castaway%20%2810%29.JPG

castaway%20%2811%29.JPG

castaway%20%2812%29.JPG

castaway%20%2813%29.JPG

castaway%20%2814%29.JPG

castaway%20%2815%29.JPG

castaway%20%2816%29.JPG

Again were new here. So please let us know if we have misunderstood rules and stuff.

Thanks in advance. :)

Edit: Looks like i finally got the links to work :P

Edited by LEGO Family

Fantastic SNOT built swimming pool 'LEGO Family' and welcome to Eurobricks too ! :sweet:

Cool diving board too, what's next ? :wink:

Brick On ! :classic:

Again were new here. So please let us know if we have misunderstood rules and stuff.

Just so you know, your images need to be maximum size of 800x600 per Member Guidlines. You typically don't need images larger than 600x450.

I have down-sized your images to 800x600. Keep this in mind when posting images in the future.

There are tutorials available in the Tutorial Index to down-size photos.

Just so you know, your images need to be maximum size of 800x600 per Member Guidlines. You typically don't need images larger than 600x450.

I have down-sized your images to 800x600. Keep this in mind when posting images in the future.

There are tutorials available in the Tutorial Index to down-size photos.

Ok .. Thanks a lot .. I will need to learn how to resize pictures at some point i see ... For now i have just resized them all from source.

Thanks for the help and info though. :)

Fantastic SNOT built swimming pool 'LEGO Family' and welcome to Eurobricks too ! :sweet:

Cool diving board too, what's next ? :wink:

Brick On ! :classic:

Thanks a lot. And you should check out the pictures again ... Just realised that i had posted a set of pictures that was a WIP for my group. So the final shots have first been posted now. lol ... N00b Err0r i guess ... :P

Whats next you say ? ..... Ohm, i have a ton of Doctor Who builds i will post a little of here and there. Actually, a question. Will i be allowed to post a Comic in here ? .. Since we are also making a LEGO Doctor Who comic. Anyhow thanks for the warm welcome :)

Whats next you say ? ..... Ohm, i have a ton of Doctor Who builds i will post a little of here and there. Actually, a question. Will i be allowed to post a Comic in here ? .. Since we are also making a LEGO Doctor Who comic. Anyhow thanks for the warm welcome :)

Comics belong in the Brick Flicks and Comics forum. Doctor Who MOCs on their own go in Special Themes. :classic:

Never seen a lego swimming pool before, nice idea! I like how you've done the diving board and float lines. :classic: Though I'm wondering what that gangster is doing there...

Never seen a lego swimming pool before, nice idea! I like how you've done the diving board and float lines. :classic: Though I'm wondering what that gangster is doing there...

Hes on vacation offcouse ... His bodyguards got lost in the lobby ... :P ... You know the more muscle mass the less brain ... Now he is just enjoying the sunlight he for once gets since he is not surrounded by big lumpy pieces of no brain meat !! :D :D

Fantastic MOC! I am a sucker for a well tiled MOC. Even though a lot of your bricks are on their side, it's the same effect.

It really looks like a pool are with every option. The ladder, the diving board, the rope for the kiddie area, the chairs, and snack shop.

Really great MOC.

This MOC is fabulous. There are so many details that make it look so alive and fun to be at.

It is also very colorful which makes the mood so joyful. :classic:

Quite a fun MOC. A lot of great details! I like the little island in the middle of the pool. That poor little boy struggling to get to the island. :classic:

That's quite a pool Lego Family! From the first few photos, I wasn't expecting it to be that big. It's very detailed, I like the diving board and splash effect you fashioned. All it needs is to be installed next to a luxury hotel default_classic.gif

Edited by Lego Guy Bri

Fantastic MOC! I am a sucker for a well tiled MOC. Even though a lot of your bricks are on their side, it's the same effect.

It really looks like a pool are with every option. The ladder, the diving board, the rope for the kiddie area, the chairs, and snack shop.

Really great MOC.

Thanks a lot .... It was also such a fun build .... And building it while it was snowing here, made one dream a lot about a vacation resevoir. Bet some of what i love about this creation is because of that.

Again thanks for the nice comment. :)

Fantastic swimming pool and beautiful pictures of real lego life! :wink:

Thanks for sharing! :sweet:

Thanks for the comment.

We get inspiration from all of you, so its only fair e give some back. First of to show what we have learned. Secondly and hopefully, some will get inspiration from what we build also.

In other words: No problem. :D

This MOC is fabulous. There are so many details that make it look so alive and fun to be at.

It is also very colorful which makes the mood so joyful. :classic:

Thanks a lot. As i wrote earlier, thats exactly why it was created. We dreamed of getting away from the cold and snow when we builded it. :)

Quite a fun MOC. A lot of great details! I like the little island in the middle of the pool. That poor little boy struggling to get to the island. :classic:

Hehe ... Not to be rude, but if you read the introduction to it, that little boy is me being scared of water ... ;) ... lol

Thanks for the nice comment though :)

That's quite a pool Lego Family! From the first few photos, I wasn't expecting it to be that big. It's very detailed, I like the diving board and splash effect you fashioned. All it needs is to be installed next to a luxury hotel default_classic.gif

Thanks for the nice comment.

When we builded it, we was seriously thinking of adding a hotel also, but having done half of the front it took one away from the story of the MOC. It was for the MOCathalon #castaway, and the story was quite the most important about it. So thats why there is no hotel.

Thanks again for the kind remark. :)

Wow, thats a nice pool. I might borrow some the techniques you used in the construction of my town pool. Magnificent creation!

Wow, thats a nice pool. I might borrow some the techniques you used in the construction of my town pool. Magnificent creation!

Thanks a lot .. And you are more than welcome to use whatever techniques here you find useful. :)

A very nice pool with awesome detailing! :wub: Welcome!

Thanks a lot ... I think this forum is quite brilliant.

Agan thanks for welcoming us also .. :)

Nice MOC the details you have included are great. I like the guy laying by the pool in his suit thats the sort of thing i would do :blush: .

I love it makes me want to dive in!

I tried that cause i felt the same way. Not a good idea it hurted a lot. :P

Thanks though. :)

Cool, where can my minifigs book an appointment??? :tongue:

Unfortunately it has been taren apart. All the minifigs here at home started a war because only figs with no clothes on were allowed in the pool.

They have calmed down now and all the bricks are used for other builds. Now we are just awaiting the next riot between the figs. All the new "retro space figs" are talking about rioting and strike because of all the Doctor Who mocs we make, and that they cant really be part if it ... Sorry. :)

Thanks for the comment ;)