We have moved today to a new server which gives us more horse power.

We know from experience that we might have to do some more server tuning or fix small problems. Please let us know in this thread if you experience any issues which might be related with our server move (non working functionality, etc). This server should be as fast as the old one (and hopefully even a bit faster), let us if you feel this is not the case for you.

Thanks!

That was fast! And 417 people are already actively browsing before everyone is even able to find us again. *huh*

Very nice! :thumbup:

Indeed, I've been browsing a bit and things do seem faster... :thumbup:

The new server is really great.

Thanks for making our experience better. :thumbup:

I'm not noticing that. Do you see it a lot? Have a link to such a post?

Well it happens here. Post 17, 19 and some others but more specifically it seems to be just Dennimator.

Its a lot faster. I havent noticed any bugs as yet but I will be sure to let you know. Thanks for updating guys! :thumbup:

Well it happens here. Post 17, 19 and some others but more specifically it seems to be just Dennimator.

Aha, so if Dennimator stops posting this problem should disappear :thumbup:

On a more serious note, Dennimator, are you using some funny Skandinavian keyboard with a non standard ' character? Does this happen only with posts you made before the move? Or do you have this problem when you post now? Do you have on your keyboard another button with the ' character which you can try to use?

I notice CopMike has the same problem... he's also from Sweden so he must be using the same funny keyboard variant. Right now I can't think of a solution yet.

Great work guys. It seems faster indeed. :thumbup:

About the symbols and letters, I too noticed something in this topic.

I know that when it comes to currency symbols things are strange sometimes but I've never seen these particular ones before. I also remember that the euro sign was OK in that topic yesterday.

Btw, the poster is from Italy.

Thanks for updating this fellas :thumbup: I've noticed a difference in the speed of things too.

I'm currently running a script to rebuild all posts in our database. This might fix the weird character problem of some of our members. It's worth a try. The script is still running an might slow us down a bit while it runs.

I found a bug with my ISPs DNS servers... :hmpf_bad: I've been wondering what the problem on my end was because after you posted the announcement of a successful migration I've seen the 'temporary offline' screen twice already and I saw no one else making notice of it. I'm now on openDNS' nameservers until the changes have propagated fully with my ISP's DNS servers.

I found a bug with my ISPs DNS servers... :hmpf_bad: I've been wondering what the problem on my end was because after you posted the announcement of a successful migration I've seen the 'temporary offline' screen twice already and I saw no one else making notice of it. I'm now on openDNS' nameservers until the changes have propagated fully with my ISP's DNS servers.

Yes, that's normal and should stabilize soon.

Our new server has a different IP address, so it will take some hours (up to 24h) for all DNS servers on the Internet to get synced. I had the same tonight, say the new server and for a while again the old one, now I'm again seeing the new one.

On a more serious note, Dennimator, are you using some funny Skandinavian keyboard with a non standard ' character? Does this happen only with posts you made before the move? Or do you have this problem when you post now? Do you have on your keyboard another button with the ' character which you can try to use?

I notice CopMike has the same problem... he's also from Sweden so he must be using the same funny keyboard variant. Right now I can't think of a solution yet.

No, it

Edited by Dennimator

Hi Bonaparte!

Thanks so much for the updated servor! :thumbup:

I can't seem to see anyones posts below yours, it just has a weird list of the posts everyone has done in this topic.

EG Dennimator - Wow! The site is much faster than before! And I get a link to go to his post. :wacko: which then shows below yours, then that darn list is below Dennimator's post. :wacko:

Thanks alot for your help!

CommanderFox

Edited by CommanderFox

It's sometimes slow, and sometimes really fast *huh*

Edited by prateek

My guess is that you have replies set to "branching tree" format. Read through this thread to find how to fix it.

I've also noticed that Classic-Town.net has been having incidents where I'll just get a screen that says something like "Server error" on it. I assume it's hosted on a different server, but I thought I'd bring it to your attention.

A possible bug? When I go to the Star wars forum the 2010 sets rumor thread only shows 45 pages instead of 294 and no matter which page I click on in that thread it only shows the first page.

Those silly