martijnnab

[MOC] Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 1959 Convertible

All,

After 5 weeks of work and some sneak peeks on my WIP forum item, I finished my Lego Technic MOC of a Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 1959 Convertible.

The goal for this model was to squeuze as much as original details in this model as I could, and stay as close to the original design, incuding all the detailing of the chrome parts like the grill and striping on bonnet and sides. It resulted in a heavy usage of half-beams to get these details in.

The model is RC controlled, with functioning steering wheel, running V8 engine, opening door with locks, opening bonnet and trunk, independent suspension on both axis and LED lights on both front and backside.

It weighs about 2.4 kg and the dimensions are 68x25x16 studs (55 cm long)

Update 23-05-2015

Instructions are now available on Rebrickable:

http://www.rebrickab...o-biarritz-1959

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

For more pictures take a look at my Bricksafe page:

I hope you like it. I do plan to make instructions for the model, but that will take some time. I will post it here if I have completed them and they are posted on Rebrickable.

Be sure to also check out my other Lego Technic instructions on Rebrickable

Martijn

Edited by martijnnab

Stunning work Martijn and love to see your models next week in Wijk bij Duurstede :thumbup: :thumbup:

Stunning work Martijn and love to see your models next week in Wijk bij Duurstede :thumbup: :thumbup:

I will take them with me next week during the AFOL meeting. Also look forward to it and seeing your work!!

Absolutely beautiful. The bodywork is spot on

I tried to make it as accurate as possible, in general there is less then one stud offset compared to the drawings I used.

5 weeks is very fast for such beauty :thumbup:

This model is stunning, and a great example of how good studless bodywork can be!

tim

Beautiful outcome. The front and rear bumper and fascia are stunning. It's great to see such nice lines without flex axles.

Wow!!! Great^^ I will look forward to your instruction for mlcad working^^

Just the thought that you might be able to transfer the model to CAD is already incentive enough for making the instructions... :-)

Really cool well done you captured the look perfectly , just had a thought that would kill my wallet what if we replaces the gray beams with chromed ones :wacko::cry_happy:

Beautiful, somehow the stacked beams don't overwhelm the bodywork, very well executed :thumbup:

When stacking beams I always take care that there is no large surfaces with similar beams or recurring patterns present. The strange thing with Technic is that the more irregular large surfaces are, the better looking they actually are....

Really cool well done you captured the look perfectly , just had a thought that would kill my wallet what if we replaces the gray beams with chromed ones :wacko::cry_happy:

That thought also crossed my mind. Would look very cool :sweet: :sweet: , but the price-tag would be probably be hefty (not that the model as is is very cheap with 2.4 kg and estimated 3k+ parts :cry_sad:) . How much do chromed parts generally cost??

That thought also crossed my mind. Would look very cool :sweet: :sweet: , but the price-tag would be probably be hefty (not that the model as is is very cheap with 2.4 kg and estimated 3k+ parts :cry_sad:) . How much do chromed parts generally cost??

For chromed parts you can juse the formula 1 euro per part and than the cost of the part itself.

Great! Less than two months of work and a quality! :thumbup:

Thanks for the compliment. The actual build cost me probably around 4 weeks since GTA V also came out during this period on PC. Must have cost me at least a week of distraction :grin: :grin: :grin:

For chromed parts you can juse the formula 1 euro per part and than the cost of the part itself.

Ouch, considering there are "just" 52 1x2 grill tiles in it and I estimate the total LBG parts on 280-300 in total that would be costly and I think it costs even more to chrome coat beams longer then 4 studs....

Edited by martijnnab

Great work there with the bodywork! I was hoping to see it "in action" outdoors though :blush:

Looks great! :classic: Nice work on the chrome details. :wink:

Coooool

Does Elvis was drive something like that?

I know he got his Mom a Pink Cadillac.

This model is stunning, and a great example of how good studless bodywork can be!

tim

Sure is.