Have any of you seen the Hero Factory episode Breakout? If you have, then what happened in next? I mean, they had that whole cliffhanger and then what? Is it connected to the 2013 story?

I believe that Black Phantom stole the plans for Hero Factory and sent it to Von Nebula, who then used the plans to build his own Villain Factory and developed the Brains as a decoy so he can finish the Villain Factory without any Hero foiling his plans.

But again, that's what most people (me included) would like to believe. Other people think that Thresher (for some reason) is a traitor and the whole Brain invasion is his own idea for some reason. Personally that sounds really weird and I don't think it's true.

Yeah, it's quite likely that the Brain Attack storyline will be connected to that cliffhanger, but how is still unclear. We'll have a better idea once the episode premieres, whether on TV or online (some things seem to describe it as a webisode).

yep, it probably connected. the drone robots in the Brain Attack trailer might have something to do with Villain Factory.