Geertos13

Order of the Phoenix (Part 1)

Hello Eurobricks!

Geertos13 brings you a brand new Harry Potter based video! This time focusing on the very first few chapters of Order of the Phoenix!

First of all :

--Special Thanks to the Formidable Cast--

Sean Strawson as Vernon Dursley

Aderu Moro as Petunia Dursley

Geertos13 as Harry Potter

Andrew Allister as Dudley Dursley

JimA73 as Malcolm

Wolf Animations as Piers

Stephanie Gooch as Arabella Figg

FilmMaker16 as Dennis & Mundungus Fletcher

Matthew Curtis as Newreader & Albus Dumbledore

Sheila M. Gagne as Mafalda Hopkirk

Earl of Bassignton as Alastor Moody

T. Kyle Smiley as Remus Lupin

Razaq Mzale as Kingsley Shacklebolt

Anairis Quinones as Nymphadora Tonks

For those who haven't seen the movies or read the books :

--Plot--

Harry Potter is hiding in the flowerbed beneath the open living room window of his Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon’s home at Four Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey. Suddenly, a thunderous crack rips through the neighborhood, and Harry leaps up so quickly that he smashes his head on the window, alerting his aunt and uncle to his hiding place in the garden. Harry is sure that the crack was someone either Apparating or Disapparating, and he leaves Privet Drive to investigate its source. Harry wanders off to a local playground and watches as his cousin, Dudley, leading a gang of delinquents, slinks past. He approaches Dudley, and the two boys begin to argue as the night becomes pitch black and very cold. Harry realizes that dementors are about to attack. After much struggle, Harry uses his wand to summon a Patronus stag, and the stag saves both boys. Mrs. Figg, Harry’s neighbor, comes running toward them. She tells Harry that someone named Mundungus Fletcher had been ordered to follow him and keep him safe, but that Mundungus must have left his watch to buy more stolen cauldrons. Mrs. Figg warns Harry that Dumbledore will soon know he’s used his magic outside of Hogwarts. Suddenly, Harry hears another crack, and Mundungus appears. Mrs. Figg demands that Mundungus return to Hogwarts immediately and explain to Dumbledore why Harry needed to use his magic.

Harry and Dudley return to Privet Drive. While entering, Dudley vomits and falls over. Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon answer the door and fuss over him, demanding to know exactly what happened. Dudley points to Harry, and as Harry begins to explain, an owl flies through an open window, dropping a letter that expels Harry from Hogwarts for improper use of magic and announces that someone will be arriving shortly to destroy his wand. Another owl arrives, carrying a special kind of letter known as a Howler, which literally howls its message to its recipient. The owl bypasses Harry and deposits the letter on Petunia’s head. The letter howls: “Remember my last, Petunia.” Petunia demands that Harry stay, despite Vernon’s wishes. Petunia refuses to tell Harry what the message means and insists that he not leave his room.

After wakening from a terrible nightmare, Harry heads downstairs to investigate a noise coming from the kitchen. He is greeted by a group of wizards: Mad-Eye Moody, Professor Lupin, Nymphadora Tonks, Kingsley Shacklebolt, Elphias Doge and Sturgis Podmore, and Hestia Jones. They have come to transport him somewhere safe to await his hearing without further danger.

And some fun Statistics :

7318 Pictures

Shot with a CANON EOS 600D (T3i)

Edited in Sony VEGAS Pro 13.0

Special Effects in Adobe After Effects CS6

Digital 3D Modeling by Dt98Films

Sound Recording and Correcting in Audacity

Mouth and Eye Animation in Photofiltre

Facial Animation in Anmanie SMP

C.C always appreciated! If you like, be sure to give it a like on YouTube or spread the word via social media :)

Just sat and watched the whole thing, and it's amazing! Stop motion was fantastic, and the editing was superb! I can't wait to see the rest!

-Sci

That was awesome! Mugglenet even posted the video on their facebook! Quite an honor if you ask me :wink: And funny thing, your custom Tonks is almost exactly like mine! Same torso and hair piece! I almost even used that face on her but went with another one instead.

This is simply amazing! Everything is perfect, the effects, the animation, the voices, all 10/10! Very very well done!

Not really a Harry Potter fan, but the film is excellent. Extremely well done!

I feel about the same way, good job.

Thank you everyone for the kind replies, be sure to spread the word, it really helps.

Why doesnt anyone frontpage this? C'mon mods its great!

Why thank you for the praise, I wouldn't even dare to aspire to a front page mention, but we perhaps could try to pressure the mods into it ahaha :grin:

Not really a Harry Potter fan, but the film is excellent. Extremely well done!

I feel about the same way, good job.

I'm very glad that you guys appreciated it :) Especially I may say since you weren't Harry Potter fans to start with, that surely means a lot.

I have a feeling this forum is the most deserted on the entire site... You totally deserve more buzz!

I know, right? I posted this by accident in the Licensed forum as I was thinking Harry Potter = Licensed, before I realized it had to be put into the Brickfilms forums, but some admin did the job for me, and since then, the topic has been deserted Haha :grin:

Who's even the mod for these forums?

No Idea. In fact I'm not even sure there is one. Or at least not to this specific to this forum as far as I know of.

Excellent work on the effects, voice cast, timing, camera, everything! Looking forward to the next installment.

Excellent animation. Very fluent, but not artificial looking. The voice actors did wonderful work as well. It can be hard to emote with no on-screen appearance, and they manage it without being too cartoony.

Great work, I really enjoyed it. The animation is fluent and the voices and the effect are very well done. I will definitely watch your other videos too.

Phenomenal! What a labour of love. It must have taken a very long time. Fantastic motion, and the editing is superb. First class! Love it!

Amazing. Very well done.

Wow, thanks everybody for the kind and wonderful replies, it's really cool to have such nice reviews and comments!

Excellent work on the effects, voice cast, timing, camera, everything! Looking forward to the next installment.

Thank you so much DarkDragon for your wonderful comment and of course, how can I thank you for putting this up front on the home page. :sweet:

Thank you so much DarkDragon for your wonderful comment and of course, how can I thank you for putting this up front on the home page. :sweet:

Keep up the great work!