Sign in to follow this  
antont.ant

PAC-3

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

The MIM-104 Patriot is a surface-to-air missile (SAM) system, the primary of its kind used by the United States Army and several allied nations. It is manufactured by the Raytheon Company of the United States. The Patriot System replaced the Nike Hercules system as the U.S. Army's primary High to Medium Air Defense (HIMAD) system, and replaced the MIM-23 Hawk system as the U.S. Army's medium tactical air defense system. In addition to these roles, Patriot has been given the function of the U.S. Army's anti-ballistic missile (ABM) system, which is now Patriot's primary mission.

I am building the AN/MSQ-104 Engagement Control Station & the AN/MPQ-53 and AN/MPQ-65 Radar set,

will post them later

dsc03475.jpg

dsc03476.jpg

dsc03477.jpg

dsc03479.jpg

dsc03480.jpg

dsc03482.jpg

dsc03484.jpg

dsc03485.jpg

SECURE THE AREA, WAITING

dsc03491.jpg

dsc03492.jpg

ENJOY~

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

I'm not a fan of the colour, but the trailer looks pretty good -certainly with the missile being launched. Building the containers out of crates works well on this scale. I also like the folding down supports. It looks quite a lot like the real deal.

I don't like the truck though. There's nothing really wrong with it except that it looks nothing like the trucks the US Army uses to pull these trailers. They use an 8-wheeled contraption with a very distinctive look, called the M983 HEMTT.

If you search brickshelf for HEMTT you'll see a few quite nice ones.

Cheers,

Ralph

dsc03492.jpg

Woah! That's just awesome. Nice trailer, but the truck could use some work, maybe you can improve on the headlight/grill area.

Hello!

Both, trailer and truck are nice designs, but it looks like the connection between trailer and truck was pretty unstable. If I see it correctly it's a 2x2 tile with clip and a simple 2x2 round plate on the underside of the trailer. It seems the truck will loose the trailer when already driving over a small rock. :wink: Maybe you could use one of the many towball variants which there are available. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

AWESOME missile launcher, you gotta love that photo of a missile being fired ! :devil: too cool ! :grin:

Troop truck is great too, but like 'Ralph_S' there are somethings to do with the prime mover, like the towing coupling and for me the cab front - a bit too square !

But apart from that it's still AWESOME, so 'antont.ant' great work and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet: