just2good

LEGO Hobbit 2014

The Hobbit 2015 Sets

79015 - "Witch King Battle" 101 pieces. $14.99 (USD) $15.99 (CAD) € 14,99 (Germany)

79015-1.jpg

79016 "Lake Town Attack" - 313 pieces. $29.99 (USD) $34.99 (CAD) € 39,99 (Germany)

79016-1.jpg

79017 "The Battle of the Five Armies" - 471 pieces. $59.99 (USD) $84.99 (CAD) € 69.99 (Germany)

79017-1.jpg

79018 - The Lonely Mountain $129.99 (USD) $119.99 (CAD) € 129.99 (Germany)

79018-1.jpg

So I guess we're getting a Smaug. Size is of no importance to me, so it doesn't matter that it will be about the size of the current dragon. Pretty sweet to be getting a Witch King fig. Is this the only information out there as of now?

@Ridge Montante: Unfortunately, yes :wink:

I'm glad we're getting the Witch-King, even though it's the "ghostly" version and not the armored one seen in ROTK :hmpf_bad: That set surely doesn't include more than three minifigs, so if there's a third it's either Galadriel or Sauron, though decision :sceptic: Smaug seems a bit small, but with three buildings and all that it shouldn't be much of a surprise. So it seems Bain is included, hopefully along with other missing Laketown residents (Bard's daughters, Braga, Alfrid) :wub: Can't wait to hear more :sweet:

Edited by Lego-Freak

isnt there a future Hobbit sets discussion for this?

Well the future is the future, 2014 is 2014.

Now we have soemthing concrete to discuss thats confirmed for 2014.

Well the future is the future, 2014 is 2014.

Now we have soemthing concrete to discuss thats confirmed for 2014.

October is still future :P

@LOTR343: There has to be, for several reasons :grin: The Bo5A is the main event in TABA and the other scenes (Dol Guldur, Laketown attack) can't take up four sets all by themselves :tongue: We're also missing crucial minifigs only Bo5A-sets could provide us. Currently, we assume that two sets out of those four are based on the battle :wink:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Well.......Smaug's size is likely to be disappointing. But at least we're getting him! And I'm very curious about these details. Elrond? Witchking? Will some of these be LOTR sets after all?

I hope it's brick-built, like the Ninjago dragons, but I doubt it. There really is no need for a new mold, and it will be more accurately sized this way.

I'll gladly take more armored Elves. My Elrond polybag and Haldir are getting lonely.

I still haven't seen the movie, but I can assume how large the actual Smaug would be. I think in comparison to LEGO Hobbit figures, I'm sure that size will be appropriate. I'm just excited to get a dragon since I don't own any yet. I was in the dark ages during Fantasy Era and the new Castle line doesn't interest me in the least.

A glow in the dark Witch-king. I wonder if it will be translucent like the new Electro figure, or if they will just do a glow head like the Iron Man villains.

A glow in the dark Witch-king. I wonder if it will be translucent like the new Electro figure, or if they will just do a glow head like the Iron Man villains.

I'm sure it'll be like the army of the dead heads. milkish white. Lego's translucent colors does not fit the witch king, he appears mroe solid than that.

I'm sure it'll be like the army of the dead heads. milkish white. Lego's translucent colors does not fit the witch king, he appears mroe solid than that.

Perhaps glow in the dark printing too.

Iron Man villains have that milkish white look too. So I guess that works. Fun play value for the kids. I know my daughter loves the glow in the dark stuff. GITD printing would be neat too. I know they did that with Monster Fighter stickers.

Iron Man villains have that milkish white look too.

I know, but I thought the army of the dead was a much better comparison to make in this case. :wink:

@LOTR343: There has to be, for several reasons :grin: The Bo5A is the main event in TABA and the other scenes (Dol Guldur, Laketown attack) can't take up four sets all by themselves :tongue: We're also missing crucial minifigs only Bo5A-sets could provide us. Currently, we assume that two sets out of those four are based on the battle :wink:

Well I hope we'll get some fair share amount of armored orcs,dwarfs and elves and also new versions for characters like thorin or bilbo.I still have doubts since i was disapointed with the 2013 hobbit wave. :sceptic: Edited by LOTR343

All i hope for the whole wave is

1. Armored dwarves

2- Armored elves

Everything else... I can easily skip!

@azog15: That's pretty much a given, at least according to the members who claim to have laid eyes on preliminary pictures of the last wave, where Bolg was supposed to be in 79014 but got replaced by another Orc because of WETA's design chances for Bolg :wink: Obviously they removed him to release his new design in another set :grin: