Javert

MOC Architecture Tower Bridge

So after my Westminster Digital moc was a success, I decided to try my hand at another London landmark. It's taken 6 months, but I've finally cracked it!

After months of pining after the Tower Bridge set and not being able to afford it, I've finally managed to downsize and create a little budget Tower Bridge to compliment the architecture Big Ben set.

Now I know some of you might say some of the model is like another moc that is on this site. I will say now I got my inspiration from that wonderful MOC plus another one I found elsewhere. It took me ages but I've finally got it right. AND to top it all off, I've just ordered all the bits on bricklink so will be able to post a photograph of this moc built in reality. I cannot wait for that!

Anyhow, here is the pictures!

minitowerbridgeFINAL2_zps97b76a8d.png

Tower Bridge

minitowerbridgeFINAL3_zps0073ae37.png

Tower Bridge

MiniLondon_zps43cbe9b5.png

With Big Ben to show Size comparison.

I hope you like it. Next London landmark coming? I haven't the foggiest. Let's just say I have a few in mind ;)

Javert

I'm happy with the way they look quite frankly :) Thank you for the suggestion though. I don't collect Chima, but I think I know what you're on about :)

Actually now you mention it, the suspension ropes were the hardest bit to master. I tried a lot of different techniques which all failed terribly, then I came up with this combination. It was a footer to get both sides of it connected though. The red rod and white stud combination at the end of the ropes is meant represent this:

197410094_0c0f36a070_z.jpg?zz=1

I hope I did it justice! :)

Nice looking model - you should order parts and build it for real.

I have done exactly that. I'm waiting for 4 pieces to come from Australia, but once they are here the model can be put together! :D

And today I received the last four bricks in the MOC! This is one of the most beautiful models I've ever created and owned. It's the perfect companion for the Big Ben set and is at a relative scale with the set.

This was a whole new LEGO adventure for me. I'm hoping to make more Architecture style MOCs in future because I enjoyed this one so much. Look out for those in the future. For now enjoy the photos of the real thing! :)

Presenting: Tower Bridge:

Set: MOC001

Pieces: 423

Style: Architecture

WP_20150114_001_zpsd12baaef.jpg

This is Tower Bridge. It has quite a length to it. It is 10 studs by 38 studs.

WP_20150114_003_zps5d30aa22.jpg

This architecture style MOC has an opening bridge so I guess you could call it a play feature!

WP_20150114_002_zpsf9544aca.jpg

This view is to show how I did the suspension cables.

WP_20150114_004_zps8786333e.jpg

And this picture shows the scale compared side by side with Big Ben. Also notice on Big Ben my improved clock face plates that Minifigs.me created for me.

I hope you like it! :) Been a gem this project!

Really neat. I was about to comment on those clock faces. Definitely improved Big Ben.

The Tower Bridge is a nice size and detail for the scale. A good idea for sure. I had considered something similar before too. Although I do own Tower Bridge, it's still sealed. I just don't have the space to display it properly, so I am biding my time on building it. Plus, the repetitive nature may not be fun either..

that is amazing

Thank you very much! I appreciate the kind feedback :)

Really neat. I was about to comment on those clock faces. Definitely improved Big Ben.

The Tower Bridge is a nice size and detail for the scale. A good idea for sure. I had considered something similar before too. Although I do own Tower Bridge, it's still sealed. I just don't have the space to display it properly, so I am biding my time on building it. Plus, the repetitive nature may not be fun either..

I'm jealous you have the big one. Would anyone like the LDD file for this? pieces are easy to come by on bricklink and in total it cost me around £40-£50 :)

Wow, I am surprised at the high total. That would be about $60 USD...it looks great, but I wasn't expecting that.

Wow, I am surprised at the high total. That would be about $60 USD...it looks great, but I wasn't expecting that.

That was including postage though. One order was 323 of the bricks for £22. Not too bad at all :)

Looks great! I've built the big LEGO set 2 years ago, it was a blast!

Neat looking micro version, I like the cables and the actual opening bridge. Also looks perfect next to Big Ben ;)

Kevin

Looks great! I have been thinking of doing this myself to sit next to my Big Ben but to also have a miniature version of my full size Tower Bridge. After seeing how well it turned out I think I will get started.

I would be interested in LDD file if you are offering to get a good part list. Thanks

I'm happy to announce I've submitted this project into LEGO ideas. I would be grateful if you could vote for this if you like it. :)

https://ideas.lego.c...

10922770_337317509808798_8165097156108889102_n.jpg?oh=9b57726e57f42812e18bd14ffc09133b&oe=55550313

Edited by Javert