Murdoch17

Creepy Modular Fence Expansion Pack

Surround your Monster Fighters Haunted House with this Creepy Fence Expansion pack! This spooky set includes: A opening Main Gate, 12 straight walls, six outside corners, two inside corners, 42 Technic pin connectors, (to hold your modular walls together) & a break-away wall for daring escapes!

I built this a couple of months ago when the first picture was leaked. I tweaked it a little last night, and uploaded it to MOC Pages this morning.

Here are the pictures:

1339336464m_DISPLAY.jpg

front-ish view

13393364711_DISPLAY.jpg

Overhead view... I hope this is big enough for the actual house!

13393364752_DISPLAY.jpg

The Break-away wall feature. I wanted it to look like a crumbling wall that a car could possibly go through.

13393364984_DISPLAY.jpg

The Main Gate.

13393364843_DISPLAY.jpg

Break-up of the components. If it's not big enough I would suggest adding another straight wall (& two pins) to each wall.

The LDD file is HERE. This is the MOC Page. Comments, Questions, and Critics are welcome!

Kinda nice. Would like a more detailed version though. Do they have the brick-pattern bricks (as seen in the haunted house set and ninjago snake shrines) in LDD?

Yes, they do have the 1x2 "brick" piece in LDD. I could do it... Thanks for the idea, I'll see what I can do. :thumbup:

EDIT:

Version 2 of the Creepy Modular Fence.

13393526255_DISPLAY.jpg

LXF is in this link. The MOC Page link is the same, but here it is anyways: MOC Page link

By the way, does anyone think that the fence's enclosed space will have to be bigger to fit the Haunted House?

Edited by Murdoch17

A lot better. Although it would be nice to have a few more unique modules so that it is asymmetrical and looks more run-down and "Haunted-House creepy".

I really like it. One suggestion to break it up a bit. Add some stud points in random spots on the walls where you can stick on a random mix of vines or greenery, just to finish off that abandoned un maintained look.

That revised one is great. But I think, to go better with the cracked concrete of the front steps of the set, the walls shouldn't be so solid, minus that one section. I'd really like to have this in all 'brick' bricks.

Looks promosing but some more variation would indeed make it alot more attractive.

I'll add this thread to my watch-list.

This is a great idea, Murdoch17! I would suggest, though, using the 'Groups' palette to make the sections easily selectable, while still keeping the entire thing connected via the technic pins.

The beauty of modularity is that you can add your own variations or expansions. If you download the LDD file and use one span of the wall as a template, modify it to suit your needs and repost it here! I've already got a couple variations in mind...

So, I decided to design my own version - while your high-walled fence/wall is fantastic, it was important to me to integrate the official gate/wall portion that comes with the set. Since it's much lower than yours and is two bricks wide, mine ended up very different from yours. I don't mean to hijack your topic, so if you don't want my version in yours I will remove it, but thought it best to continue discussing the modular fence/wall idea in this topic as opposed to starting another one.

7409118572_02f31a19ba_z.jpg

Modular Fence for 10228 Haunted House by vynsane, on Flickr

LDD File

- Modular Fence Extension for 10228

Much creepier. You are a LDD God Vynsane. Great elegance. Would work better for a haunted mansion than the approach the official set is taking though.

Thanks for the praise, DraikNova...

7411565234_41d70dc16d_z.jpg

More modular extensions to the 10228 "Haunted House" wall/fence by vynsane, on Flickr

This version includes a new 'small corner' module complete with 'crystal ball' adornment (as opposed to the 'large corner' featuring the urn/brazier) and a 'neglect damage' variant of same. You can see the damaged version in the lower right-hand corner of the picture.

Since we are comming up with all these fantastic new versions of the Haunted House fence and grounds-work, I think we need a title change to something like this: (If a Mod could do this please it would be wonderful!)

Title: Improving the Haunted House

Subtitle: Renovating the inside & outside of set 10228

This way, If anyone wants to do grounds work, like trees, rocks, and such, they can come here to post it. Also, inside details could be posted here, such as a grand piano, or a couch or something. What do you think?

^ That's a good idea, Murdoch17! Why just limit it to expanding the fence? I actually have an idea for a "carriage house" that would hook into the fence/wall system - if someone creates a LDD file of the Vampyre Hearse I'll be able to build it to fit! I'm actually surprised the Monster Fighters instructions aren't available on the LEGO site yet...

Great idea. A fence to block it off on the sides will work well to add it to one's modular neighborhood. I may just do something like that. :thumbup:

Great idea. A fence to block it off on the sides will work well to add it to one's modular neighborhood. I may just do something like that. :thumbup:

Me too. For integration with the Modulars or a town layout, it would look weird with just a front fence.

(I made this version of the fence about 2 hours before I noticed Vynsane's creation. If the fences look similar, great minds think alike. Not to mention we both used the official gate as the basis for both our versions!)

Anyway, here is my Third version of the fence, lower and more official looking. Iv'e included a couple of interior items to boot, but i'm going to tell them to you in an official-looking way:

Haunted House Expansion Pack

Ages: 9 -12 Part count: 535 parts

Expand your Monster Fighters Haunted House with this Creepy expansion pack!

This set includes: a pool table, couch, grandfather clock, pool stick holder /

table lamp, a wine cabinet (with 2 bottles!), an old fashioned automobile,

and creepy fence to surround your Haunted House!

Haunted House Expansion Pack

Set Number: #### Price: 44.99

Pictures:

1340669957m_DISPLAY.jpg

The whole set!

13406699652_DISPLAY.jpg

Closeup of the inside items and the car.

If you want the fence and assorted items, click here.

If you want the car in another color besides Sand Green, I have 13 other colors to choose from, so you can have some variety. Here is a pic to prove it, and yes they can all be built in real life.

13367458571_DISPLAY.jpg

If you want any of the above cars to modify for your haunted house, (or other projects!) then Click on this link.

This is a great topic. I really love the use of the brick bricks. I'm also planning on going full out on making my house as creepy as possible.

I will definitely add old trees and a giant fence surrounding it. I can't wait to see what other come up with. :classic:

This is some great stuff. I should overhaul the cemetery I made a long time ago to work as a graveyard around the Haunted House. I mean, I was intending to anyways, but I could whip it up in LDD, too.

I'm going to revive this undead thread with this: The Haunted House Automobile Garage!

Pictures:

1344174673m_DISPLAY.jpg

The front. The bar off to the side is to hold the doors closed.

13441746801_DISPLAY.jpg

Side view. The boarded up windows are supposed to have this printed part.

13441746892_DISPLAY.jpg

This rear door is supposed to lead to the rear door of the Haunted House.

13441747013_DISPLAY.jpg

And just look at the dark blue '22 Moon! No self-respecting daylight-robbing Vampyre would be caught undead without one of these fabulous automobiles!

13441747114_DISPLAY.jpg

The roof is removable, and does not connect to the building, but sits there with a layer of plates makeing sure it doesn't slide off.

13441747185_DISPLAY.jpg

This picture is just compare my work with the LEGO Designers' official set.

This building and car are 100% buildable, and are both included. The LXF is in this link. I hope you enjoy using it as much as I did makeing it.

NOTE: The name of the car, (Moon) was an accident. The Moon Motor Car Co. it was a real company from 1905 - 1930, based in Saint Louis, Missouri, and just happens to fit with the official story line of Lord Vampyre.

3000th Thread view!

This is a great addition to the castle, Instead of the puny gate that it comes with.

I have a feeling it'd work with the haunted house as well, Possibly even better :)

Very nice, I'm planning on getting the set when it comes out here...and I can afford it :grin:

I like the expansions I see in this tread :thumbup:

Edited by Sebeus I