Sign in to follow this  
kritch

[MAZE] Cat A - Escape from the Jungle Temple

27260258786_a1e1986d70_z.jpg

You awake on a cold stone slab at the top of towering stepped pyramid, the last thing you remember was sharp pain in the back of your head before it all went dark.

You can't see anyone around but you're sure things won't end well if you hang around here.

You quickly descend the pyramid, afraid to look back.

There are huts at the bottom and you try to sneak between them, keeping out of sight,

You pass what could be a ball game court and head for the cover of the jungle,

heading up a hill, you're faced with a rickety bridge, it doesn't look stable and the valley below is deep and the water dark and fast flowing, but there is no other option but to cross,

Your heart is beating when you make it to the other side, you start running, pushing branches of jungle trees out of your way when suddenly the ground gives way.......

A spiked pit trap! ....... you manage to keep your footing and swerve around it and soon the jungle opens out and you are standing on a cliff.

What's that on the horizon? it's your ship... they're waiting for you.

You run to the edge but it's too high to jump, and it looks like there are sharks in the water, you have to find a way down to the beach,

Reluctantly you head back into the jungle, you try to fight against it but your path seems to be drawing you back under the ominous shadow of the great pyramid,

Soon you are at its foot, the jungle is thick all around it, it looks like a dead end. Then just when you are about to give up you find an opening to a tunnel, its dark, but what other choice do you have....

The tunnel is long but there is a small glow that suggests an exit, so you run towards it.....

Eugh, the exit is a mass of cobwebs and spiders, but you're out of the tunnel and back into....

...more jungle, and its leading you back to the village.

It's dusk and you stick to the shadows, skirting around the edge of the pillars of a grey building that could be a palace you head through a garden and back into the trees,

The path is over-grown with plants and you duck and weave between branches and leaves and scramble over roots, putting as much distance between you and the pyramid as you can,

The light is fading as night approaches but there is a flicker of fire ahead.

You emerge into a clearing and stare up in horror at the grinning face of a jaguar carved into the living rock, its mouth open and its stalactite-like teeth seemingly gnashing in the eerie glow of the brazier's flames.

There is only one path, so with mounting dread you head cautiously between its teeth.

The cave is dark and you narrowly avoid falling into a pit on your right, but heading left you emerge once again into jungle, it's almost dawn.

but this time the vegetation is less dense and seems to be sloping gently downwards to the sea,

You see a sail... your ship has moored at the beach, you run towards it, and safety.....

27293543475_b6e1d8025a_z.jpg

26687625503_b80bffdb7c_z.jpg

27293527095_52b92282b9_z.jpg

27260236276_1c983ae136_z.jpg

Click the last image to see a video of it in action

Edited by kritch

Wonderful micro models, and your description is quite effective at portraying the maze route :thumbup:The carved cave opening,and pyramid are my favorite parts, though the jungle throughout is excellent :classic:

Nice role-play, very interesting maze, and matching base - excellent!

So can you complete the journey?

So can you complete the journey?

Done!

I got tired half way through and had to go to bed.

LOVE IT!

An Adventurers themed maze is a brilliant idea!

I love how you used the sun disc and the little ship is amazing!

Amazing entry! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by Robert8

Wow best of luck, not that you need it because this thing is stunning! If this was Lego's version I would have tried to buy it in a heartbeat!

Oh my.. this is a brilliant entry!

For some reason, my favorite detail are the spiders from the tunnel.. is that a printed piece or a sticker?

I was wondering if the temple in the corner did not affect the balance of the board, did you include some sort of counterweight on the other (under)side?

Amazing build. The track, the story and the tilting system. For a while I thinked that you have shortcut right after descending from pyramid to village, turn left. But after second look the gap is not so wide as the one (used in video) on opposite side.

Oh my.. this is a brilliant entry!

For some reason, my favorite detail are the spiders from the tunnel.. is that a printed piece or a sticker?

I was wondering if the temple in the corner did not affect the balance of the board, did you include some sort of counterweight on the other (under)side?

Thanks Yatkuu,

The spiders are a printed tile, which was only available in 4727: Aragog in the dark forestnot that I have that set, I must have got the tile from bricklink, it seems to be pretty cheap on there.

and yes, the Jaguar temple does make it slope slightly towards the back, it's not too bad though. I should have thought of the counterweight, I'll maybe try adding one.

Amazing build. The track, the story and the tilting system. For a while I thinked that you have shortcut right after descending from pyramid to village, turn left. But after second look the gap is not so wide as the one (used in video) on opposite side.

Thanks Foton, you're right; the gap is just too small on the left.

Edited by kritch

Such a great entry... I really loved this mate, great color scheme. :wub:

Bravo! This doesn't seem like an entry as much as a piece of craftsmanship.