wassup guys

I have build some 'nice' locos on LDD last days that i want to show you! as you can see at the picture the trains are based of the ALCO PA. my favorite diesel locomotive and one of the most iconic in history.

Fans deemed the PA one of the most beautiful diesels and an "Honorary Steam Locomotive,Even the late, noted train artist Howard Fogg, a big steam aficionado, once called the PA "a nice looking locomotive". What else needs to be said?

19234164446_810f6c0b90_z.jpgALCO PA SQUAD gonna post it soon on eurobricks! by therizingrize, on Flickr

as you can see on the pictures (finally the BB codes are working) i have build 3 locos, Delaware and Hudson, Santa Fe and Union pacific. a few months ago i build an Santa Fe in real bricks but it turned out very bad so i decided that i would build one in LDD to see if I was really my terrible building. but luckily it was the lack of bricks :blush: .

19269953906_037a4e3ec5_z.jpgALCO SQUAD 2 by therizingrize, on Flickr

I didn't make a picture of the Union Pacific but i have a picture of all!

19299935351_2d3f921769_z.jpgALCO SQUAD 5 by therizingrize, on Flickr

Santa Fe

19109899959_211522baee_z.jpgALCO SQUAD 3 by therizingrize, on Flickr

Delaware and Hudson

and the Album link is also here!

https://www.flickr.c...5528@N04/5813CJ

One problem is that the bogies are shorter in scale that shortened the model so it's looking higher. When i buy the models I assume i would build my own brick build bogies that are powered by LEGO M motors or some.

Edited by THERIZE

Looks nice Therize! Tip: take a look in the LDD forum. They have a nice rendering tool in there (see my signature for the result).

Looks nice Therize! Tip: take a look in the LDD forum. They have a nice rendering tool in there (see my signature for the result).

I'm not really sure about renders becayse my mac is pretty slow...

Looks very nice! I would love to see some actual builds of this model in the future!

-RailCo

im planning to buy the bricks for the models so expect brick build models here before September!

At this point it (blue render) one supports Windows, but they promised an OS X version (it is Java, but Java is not that platform independent as the advocates try us to believe ;)). I also have a Mac but with parallels.

To short.

Looks more like a FA then a PA due to length.

Good looking locomotives for sure, just needs a little extra length in there. I get a kick out of the SF inspired D&H warbonnet paint.

Awesome Alco book," Alco: A Centennial Remembrance" by Steinbrenner. Has great drawings and pictures of both steam and diesel Alcos along with great overall history of the company. It's not cheapp but easily worth the price tag.

To short.

Looks more like a FA then a PA due to length.

Good looking locomotives for sure, just needs a little extra length in there. I get a kick out of the SF inspired D&H warbonnet paint.

the problems are the bogies. When I'm able to buy the bricks power functions motors would power some custom bogies that are longer. For now this is the best design with standerd bogies.