Jump to content


Aqua Raiders Set Review 7772: Lobster Strike


  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Hinckley

Hinckley

  • Flying Hippo that Shoots Lasers out of its butt


    Posts: 30445
    Joined: 15-September 05
    Member: 486
    Country: Chicago, USA

Posted 20 November 2006 - 10:34 AM

Hey everybody! I picked up 7772 Lobster Strike from the Aqua Raiders line at TRU yesterday and put up a review:

Lobster Strike Review

Posted Image

Enjoy!

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide



Posted Image Posted Image


#2 Hobbes

Hobbes

  • Retired


    Posts: 3230
    Joined: 20-May 05
    Member: 359

Posted 20 November 2006 - 10:42 AM

:-D  :-D  :-D

Great review, thx *y*

Having seen all the AR reviews so far, I don't think I'll get any of the smaller sets. I have my Divers and they just don't fit. I'll wait and see how the station turns out, maybe there's something useful..

#3 Vader

Vader

    Posts: 8179
    Joined: 23-October 04
    Member: 83

Posted 20 November 2006 - 11:04 AM

Hmmmm not too bad a set though i dont think ill pick this one up.

#4 phoinix

phoinix

  • Eurovision !!


    Posts: 773
    Joined: 11-March 06
    Member: 689
    Country: Greece-Cyprus

Posted 20 November 2006 - 11:35 AM

may i just say hinckley that i love your reviews!! *wub*
you have a special way of doing them!
so funny!! X-D  X-D

#5 Cabby

Cabby

    Posts: 142
    Joined: 25-September 06
    Member: 985
    Country: France

Posted 20 November 2006 - 12:09 PM

Thanks for the review. Comprehensive yet hilarious.  :-)

I agree with you on every issue you discussed here. This is the AR set i'm the least excited about so far.  8-|

#6 oo7

oo7

  • Master Carpenter


    Posts: 2892
    Joined: 27-May 06
    Member: 788
    Country: The US of A

Posted 20 November 2006 - 03:01 PM

Thanks so much for this nice review! So I assume there is no detailing in the cockpit whatsoever? I love the comic but what an idiot, "I love fresh crab legs!", Crab??? :-P

The Lobster is cool but the vehical is way to futuristic and stupid, and the center of gravity is way to high to be even slightly realistic; the arms are way to long compared to the rest, I don't think I'll be getting this one.
Posted Image

#7 gylman

gylman

  • Excellent......


    Posts: 1774
    Joined: 25-February 05
    Member: 252

Posted 20 November 2006 - 03:05 PM

The only theoretically useful part I see here (more or less) is the red dinosaur tail tip.

So far I have found these sets quite lame, but this one is clearly the worst.

#8 Zarkan

Zarkan

  • Greviously Renamed Gungan


    Posts: 2426
    Joined: 08-December 05
    Member: 569
    Country: USA

Posted 20 November 2006 - 04:44 PM

Thanks for the review.  ;-)  I hate that the cockpit is open, but other than that I love this set! The printed parts are SWEET, and the lobster overall is very cool. Other than the cockpit issue, I like the rover as well, and the cockpit can be fixed by doing a bit of MOCing.  :-)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image


#9 Asuka

Asuka

  • Pictural Poet


    Posts: 6658
    Joined: 19-June 06
    Member: 816
    Country: Schnitzelland

Posted 20 November 2006 - 05:29 PM

This review is marvelous. Poor little Ken Gavin.... The open cockpit would be o.k. if the driver could wear his diving gear in it. The lobster is beautiful with this printed part on his back.  *y*

#10 EXO-CHAMP

EXO-CHAMP

  • Pink Puny Crapy Rebel Scum !!


    Posts: 684
    Joined: 20-June 06
    Member: 820
    Country: Denmark

Posted 20 November 2006 - 05:35 PM

Very humerous.   :-D

Great review.  *y*

#11 Hinckley

Hinckley

  • Flying Hippo that Shoots Lasers out of its butt


    Posts: 30445
    Joined: 15-September 05
    Member: 486
    Country: Chicago, USA

Posted 20 November 2006 - 06:05 PM

View PostHobbes, on Nov 20 2006, 10:42 AM, said:

:-D  :-D  :-D

Great review, thx *y*

Having seen all the AR reviews so far, I don't think I'll get any of the smaller sets. I have my Divers and they just don't fit. I'll wait and see how the station turns out, maybe there's something useful..

Thanks to everyone for all of the great compliments. I really appreciate the feedback.


View Postoo7, on Nov 20 2006, 03:01 PM, said:

Thanks so much for this nice review! So I assume there is no detailing in the cockpit whatsoever? I love the comic but what an idiot, "I love fresh crab legs!", Crab??? :-P

The Lobster is cool but the vehical is way to futuristic and stupid, and the center of gravity is way to high to be even slightly realistic; the arms are way to long compared to the rest, I don't think I'll be getting this one.

Thank you! There is no detailing in the cockpit except for two of these:

Posted Image

in white.

The vehicle is way off, but great for parts. I would definitely save money for one of the bigger sets: 7774 or 7775. This set is cool but the others seem better. Although I'm a little dissapointed overall with this set I'm still excited about the line.

View PostGrevious, on Nov 20 2006, 04:44 PM, said:

Thanks for the review.  ;-)  I hate that the cockpit is open, but other than that I love this set! The printed parts are SWEET, and the lobster overall is very cool. Other than the cockpit issue, I like the rover as well, and the cockpit can be fixed by doing a bit of MOCing.  :-)

Thanks for the feedback! I have found simple MOCing for the cockpit more difficult than I originally imagined. I tried to straighten out the cockpit and raise the sides:

Posted Image

...but I still don't like it. I think my problem is that I just don't like the concept of the rover. I do feel relieved that the cockpit is closed...

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide



Posted Image Posted Image


#12 oo7

oo7

  • Master Carpenter


    Posts: 2892
    Joined: 27-May 06
    Member: 788
    Country: The US of A

Posted 20 November 2006 - 08:55 PM

View Posthinckley39, on Nov 20 2006, 01:05 PM, said:

Thank you! There is no detailing in the cockpit except for two of these:

Posted Image

in white.
My pleasure and thanks for the clarification.

View Posthinckley39, on Nov 20 2006, 01:05 PM, said:

The vehicle is way off, but great for parts. I would definitely save money for one of the bigger sets: 7774 or 7775.

That's exactly what I'm doing!
Posted Image

#13 alex54

alex54

  • CC reducer, city expander


    Posts: 1415
    Joined: 01-December 05
    Member: 560
    Country: France

Posted 20 November 2006 - 10:32 PM

Nice review! I like the fabuland figs intervention, really fun and... horrible (poor gaving!)
The lobster looks really nice, I want it! And for the rover, well, the opened cokpit is bad...
If I buy this set, it will be only for the lobster and the blue crital *wub* !
Maybe the rover will be turned in a buiding vehicles.

Posted Image                        Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image


#14 Hinckley

Hinckley

  • Flying Hippo that Shoots Lasers out of its butt


    Posts: 30445
    Joined: 15-September 05
    Member: 486
    Country: Chicago, USA

Posted 20 November 2006 - 10:39 PM

View Postalex54, on Nov 20 2006, 10:32 PM, said:

Nice review! I like the fabuland figs intervention, really fun and... horrible (poor gaving!)
The lobster looks really nice, I want it! And for the rover, well, the opened cokpit is bad...
If I buy this set, it will be only for the lobster and the blue crital *wub* !
Maybe the rover will be turned in a buiding vehicles.

Don't worry. Gavin has the uncanny ability to bounce back...

If you like LEGO creatures and the look of the lobster, I definately recommend this set, especially if you're content for just using the rover for parts. It has some pretty cool parts, including the second wave batmobile wheels in light bley, 33 1/3 1 x 1 slopes in trans-white and black exo-force robot arms.

If this sounds good to you, then it is definitely worth the $20.

Thanks and I'm glad you liked the review.

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide



Posted Image Posted Image


#15 dillthepill

dillthepill

    Posts: 911
    Joined: 01-September 06
    Member: 931
    Country: America

Posted 20 November 2006 - 11:50 PM

Nice review. *y*

I already ordered one in the mail and I can't wait to get it.

#16 bdd

bdd

    Posts: 133
    Joined: 04-November 06
    Member: 1065

Posted 21 November 2006 - 02:43 AM

View Posthinckley39, on Nov 20 2006, 01:05 PM, said:

I think my problem is that I just don't like the concept of the rover.


Good, I'm not the only one.  It seems Lego couldn't think up another yellow sub for this set.  :)  A rover on the ocean floor?  Doesn't make sense.

And I like the lobster.  It seems Lego cares more about the animals than anything else in this line.  Not to say that the subs are bad, but the animals seem better than the sub parts in these sets.

#17 Hinckley

Hinckley

  • Flying Hippo that Shoots Lasers out of its butt


    Posts: 30445
    Joined: 15-September 05
    Member: 486
    Country: Chicago, USA

Posted 21 November 2006 - 03:07 AM

View Postbdd, on Nov 21 2006, 02:43 AM, said:

Good, I'm not the only one.  It seems Lego couldn't think up another yellow sub for this set.  :)  A rover on the ocean floor?  Doesn't make sense.

And I like the lobster.  It seems Lego cares more about the animals than anything else in this line.  Not to say that the subs are bad, but the animals seem better than the sub parts in these sets.

Agreed! However the sub in 7774 and the station in 7775 seem like great builds, but I also got the feeling that they were plain out of realistic ideas for 7772 and came up with that wacky rover.  :-|


View Postdillthepill, on Nov 20 2006, 11:50 PM, said:

Nice review. *y*

I already ordered one in the mail and I can't wait to get it.

Thanks dill!

By the way, why do you call yourself the pill if you're always so positive and upbeat? I don't think you're a pill at all...

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide



Posted Image Posted Image


#18 Kahgarak

Kahgarak

    Posts: 1359
    Joined: 23-October 05
    Member: 514
    Country: The Netherlands

Posted 21 November 2006 - 06:54 AM

What an awesome set. *sweet*

#19 bdd

bdd

    Posts: 133
    Joined: 04-November 06
    Member: 1065

Posted 21 November 2006 - 01:47 PM

View Posthinckley39, on Nov 20 2006, 10:07 PM, said:

Agreed! However the sub in 7774 and the station in 7775 seem like great builds, but I also got the feeling that they were plain out of realistic ideas for 7772 and came up with that wacky rover.  :-|

The sub in 7774 is the main part of the set, the animal is secondary.  In this set, the one with the blue fish it's clear that the subs are just there to hold the line together.  :)




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users