Sign in to follow this  
oDDerFisken

Improved Skulls Eye Schooner?

thindexedgif.gif 38c

Found this picture on brickshelf.. Unfortunatly it's the only one there is.

img_1669.jpg.

To me it looks like someone has tried to improve the Skulls Eye Schooner with an extra deck or something.. not sure it succeded very well. I think it looks kinda funny. Never liked those beigecolors for ships.

Here is the rest of the folder but theres only one more picture of a pirateship.. and thats the Renegade Runner..

Edit by Phred: Added backup image cause B got rid of his image. :pir-wink:

Edited by SlyOwl

The background of this picture with the rocks and the islanders on the rocks looks amazing. Too bad we don't have better pictures or close-ups.

About the ship, I think is liked the original version better than this modified version.

I was not very positive about the original color schema of the BSB.

Adding an extra color certainly doesn't improve it.

I don't like the way tan and white are mixed, it looks ugly to me. It also seems strange to make a lower deck, but then put no cannons on it!

I don't like the way tan and white are mixed, it looks ugly to me. It also seems strange to make a lower deck, but then put no cannons on it!

I do agree with you - unless the Pirates are planning on loading it up with so much treasure, the waterline will rise and those cannons will be in their "normal" position. X-D

Dr. S.

Well, it makes sense to me why you'd put an extra deck on it.

Cause then the ship will have a berth or orlop deck (or basically the sleeping deck and storage deck respectively)

but i don't understand why tan is used |-/

at all, i'd prefer it if white, black, red or brown were used instead of adding another color :-/

One thing i do like about it is the fact that there are pirates at a lego convention! *y*

P

Edit:

Still filed it into the Index of MOC Ships though. X-D

Edited by phred

I hope the creator is not a member...

The ship is not bad, there is just some room for improvement.

Loose 1 or 2 colors, move the guns down and it will look a lot better.

Also the stern (back) of the ship should be lower to look more realistic.

Can anyone find some pics of those rocks with the islanders?

I hope the creator is not a member...

The ship is not bad, there is just some room for improvement.

Loose 1 or 2 colors, move the guns down and it will look a lot better.

Also the stern (back) of the ship should be lower to look more realistic.

Can anyone find some pics of those rocks with the islanders?

While I could see adding an extra deck to the SES, the addition here has completely flat sides as compared to the tumblehome (am I saying that correctly?). I'm not a big fan of this modification, although the idea shows a lot of promise.

I don't really like the colours...

Although I believe this was on LEGOworld Zwolle. It has been on tv...

Just check this little video. You'll see it in the first 10 seconds. It's only a glimpse but it is something. *sweet*

I saw this ship at the Legoworld Zwolle 2007 exhibition. If memory serves, this ship was part of the set-up made by members of the Belgian BeLug community.

I too found that this ship was not the best design, a weak approach to improve the 6286 SES ship. I can imagine adding another deck but only if it would have been an extra lower gun deck with ports on each side. And what kind of ship does have a tan and brown two-tone effect? None I can think of. Old brown bricks and plates would have been a better choice.

I don't really like the colours...

Although I believe this was on LEGOworld Zwolle. It has been on tv...

Just check this little video. You'll see it in the first 10 seconds. It's only a glimpse but it is something. *sweet*

I don't like it neither, it looks like something from a bad comic...

Thanks for the film, now i've seen the aren't you too old question :-D

I was not very positive about the original color schema of the BSB. Adding an extra color certainly doesn't improve it.

I agree - this is definitely no improvement!

The background of this picture with the rocks and the islanders on the rocks looks amazing. Too bad we don't have better pictures or close-ups.

Yes, that looks pretty interesting but of course there would be no close up pictures! :-(