Sign in to follow this  
oDDerFisken

Island with pirates

I had an idea to build an island to some shipwrecked pirates.. and i think i succeded allright. What do you think?

image001.jpg

image011.jpg

image017.jpg

image030.jpg

The point was to make this look like the remainings of a ship. The remainings of the mast is the weird wannabe-tree. And the pirates have made a part of the hull to a wall in thier hut.

image025.jpg

image002.jpg

The folder

Please post your comments :-)

Uhh.. btw,, just found out: it is my one-year anniversary in here today.. WEHUU :-D

Edited by oDDerFisken

A very charming and nice work, you did a really good job with transforming the shipwreck

and the integration of it as palisades and tower into your fine landscape! *sweet*

A MOC that

Is there enything inside the hut?

It really looks like ship remains, but shouldn't the tower be completely brown?

The brown one, or the part with the tower??

I wanted it to look like it was an old fortress or something, and they have rebuild the tower with driftwood.

Also gives treasures there ???
I'm not sure i quiet get your question. If it is if there is any treasures on the island, the answer is no.. at the moment.. but maybe later, if i find a good place for them.

I'm glad you like my MOC :'-)

Edited by oDDerFisken

Very nice! I like the style of the rotting ship as a fort.

The mast-tree comment is also funny.

EDIT: 440 posts; wow, that was fast.

Edited by Lt. Col. Thok

It's a nice moc, but it looks more like a pirate outpost than a shipwreck.

Everything is too nice and tidy. Such as there's a tower.

But overall this is a very nice moc.

It's a nice moc, but it looks more like a pirate outpost than a shipwreck.

Everything is too nice and tidy. Such as there's a tower.

But overall this is a very nice moc.

Ofcourse it's nice and tidy. If you had to live on an island like that wouldn't you try to clean up a bit, so it wasn't one big mess? i would.. and so would my pirates.. thats why it's so tidy :-P

The brown one, or the part with the tower??

I wanted it to look like it was an old fortress or something, and they have rebuild the tower with driftwood.

I'm not sure i quiet get your question. If it is if there is any treasures on the island, the answer is no.. at the moment.. but maybe later, if i find a good place for them.

I'm gald you like my MOC :'-)

Well if thats your aim, you did really wel *y*

Well if thats your aim, you did really wel *y*

Thank you very much *sweet*

By the way.. though you might would like a closer look the the pirates so took another picture.. here you go:

image032.jpg

Splendid little job oDDerFisken! I'd be very happy if TLC released sets like these if they ever start a new pirate line.

I'm glad you like my MOC :'-)

I believe Captain K is German. "Gibt es schatzen" is literally translated: Gives it treasure? Not literally translated it means: Is there treasure? I hope that answers your question. ;-)

Congratulations with your EB B-day btw!!

Mr oDDerFisken, what a wonderous joy it must be to have too much spare time and it's something I would like quite a bit.

Quite a nice island you've built, I think all the greenery really sets it off. I also like the old fellow with the beard but perhaps he could do with a different mini-fiugre head to give him more charater - the traditional head with its dotty eyes looks a bit bland.

That's cool! *sweet* I do feel a bit sorry for those pirates if there is strong wave. *sing*

Some nice work there. I'm always happy to see some Pirates love shown. In this case, it's an ecclectic mix, clearly these guys have seen some battles and wear the captured clothes and armour of the enemies they defeated. The fates haven't been kind to them though and now they're just trying to get by as well as they can.

Any plans to rescue them or send them on adventures?

That's cool! *sweet* I do feel a bit sorry for those pirates if there is strong wave. *sing*

Probably how they ended up in this predicament in the first place :-D

Any plans to rescue them or send them on adventures?
Ehm.. dunno.. maybe. Don't you think these guys have had enough adventures already? ;-) They are ended up on an island

At the moment i'm wondering how i can improve it. (So Mister Phes i've heard you and i'm thinking what will be the best head to put on him..)

Uhh.. baout the wave: yeah it could be a wave, a stormof some kind or a tornado. Haven't thought that all through.. but lets say it's a mix X-D

What did they do with the sails and mast from ship?

argh.. how would i know?? Haven't thought of that.. ehm.. maybe they.. made it to pirateflags.. ehm.. or.. knittet something (they have to do something if they do not wan't to bore themselves to death)

What did they do with the sails and mast from ship?

Maybe they lost it and that's why they're crash landed at the island ;-)

Nice little island BTW *y*

The only thing i don't know about that the black portion seems a little high for a ruined tower.

The characters look great in those rag-tag outfits :-)

Would you consider this MOC a military or non-military?

I'm having a hard time deciding where to put it in the Index of Land-Based MOCs.

I put it in row 7 of military for now.

P

The only thing i don't know about that the black portion seems a little high for a ruined tower.

Yeah maybe you are right.. i'll figure out how to make it better when i do my improvements

Would you consider this MOC a military or non-military?

I'm having a hard time deciding where to put it in the Index of Land-Based MOCs.

I put it in row 7 of military for now.

Took a short look on the index, at since they've got a cannon on my island, and all the non-military MOC's is pretty harmless i think it is right to put it in the military category

Uhhh.. but why is this one is the non-military??Lighthouse - with cannons

Uhhh.. but why is this one is the non-military??Lighthouse - with cannons

Currently working on rearranging all that index properly and backing it up at the same time. :-$

Just haven't gotten that far. X-D

Thanx for letting me know though *y*

P

argh.. how would i know??

You're the almighty creator so you're the one that decides how they got there and what happens to them!

You're the almighty creator so you're the one that decides how they got there and what happens to them!

Ahh okay.. thats why.. ehm.. i'll figure something out. Promise.. but you will have to wait, till i've made the improvements on th island. Mkay?

It's not really an important question. I thought I'd ask for the hell out it.

What improvements are you going to make?

Great MOC...i don't like the pirate minifigs with soldiers accesories, because i don't understand why they use that accesories.

But i Like the MOC anyway...is a good island that bring me memories of my MOC "Captain Seawolf's tower"

What improvements are you going to make?

First of all i will remake the old fellow. New head, a hat maybe.

Then i'm thinking to make the tower look more like a mix of an old ruin and driftwood.

I was also thinking of making a place for a treasure - if i can find the space.

Any other ideas? ;-)