Sign in to follow this  
Chenben

Bonne Port

Hello all,

I will present you my port. It's a little port directed by imperial guards. This is the first version, a fort in the left, in center the inn when the sailors comeback... And at right the jail. A pontoon with at end a tower like sabre island to controlate the entrance of the port.

23092007465redim.jpg

But finally i have decide to work on a new project, the final appearance is too grey/white/black and it have not enough space on the quay.

So this is the new Bonne Port :

redim.jpg

I have keep the Fort in the left and the pontoon whith the tower. I think it look good and i'm satisfate. But I have change all the other.

I have think to a little history : If it little, Bonne port it's a old port and had a lot of change since is creation. At beginning, the colonist have made a little fort to supply the ships. It's the black part on the right. Many years later the ship are bigger and need more materials to supply and this fort appear to be not enough. The military decides to build a new fort to answer at this problem and to offer a better defence of the city. It's the grey part on the left every utilised by guards.

With years the port have more civilians and appear to not be only a military port and convenience for civilians are build. It's all the white and yellow part of the port.

Now the oldest fort is use like a jail and is integral part of the fortified civilian place. This place will have a inn and a appartement on the first floor.

Like you can see, i have always a lot of work, i will show the big update. Your comments are always to help me to change bad things or if you like my little port ;)

Seems like a great fortress in progress.

The idea that I like best are these:

redim.jpg

Simple but they look very good.

(I'm also experimenting with Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro X-D )

Edited by Bonaparte

A divine light on my port X-D X-D !!!!

Yes very simple to make ;)

Yes, but it looks so good.

Especially on your old port I noticed this.

Anyway, I stepped in my ship and I'm now doing an onsite inspection :-D

redim2.jpg

great port Chenben! *y*

Great start on a fort chenben *y*

As B divinely mentioned, the railing on the docks is pretty cool.

Only concern i have are the "blue stripes" on the main white structure.

Maybe if they were black or gray to tie in the other colors instead of having another color introduced.

Unless of course you have future plans for tieing in the blue stripes. X-D

BTW Chenben, are there any other pics of the old fort there?

redim2.jpg

LOL! :-D

P

Edited by phred

redim2.jpg

:-D :-D :-D Ooopppppssss governor is not very happy of the mess during construction and the workman are all away :-P

For the blue line, I have wanted to be in accord with the flag. There are in fact 2*4 pieces and they hold the floor. And I haven't pieces like that in grey color. I have black but i have use them with the USS Constellation. I will simply put them in white.

Edit : For the moment I can't take other photos and work on it ;)

Edited by Chenben

A very nice work, a very clever pontoon indeed, and it looks like a wonderful project! *y*

Although I have to say that I really like your first version too, you did a great job with using

gray and black colors, they fit very well, and the size and proportions of your buildings were

lovely too. *sweet*

Bonne Port. :-D Did you purposely try to make it sound like Bonaparte?

So far it looks quite nice. I like the shape of the black tower, and the little crenelations (I know that's not the right word, but I can't think of what is) that Bonaparte pointed out.

I don't like the shape of the black tower! It looks too much like something out of the Castle sets from earlier this year and I thought those peripheral towers looked a bit daft.

Bonne Port. :-D Did you purposely try to make it sound like Bonaparte?

My thought exactly! And look who commented on it first X-D

That aside this looks like a nice, friendly little port, and the new version looks much bigger and better *y* Can't wait to see more!

I think too, the black tower is too high. I will try to make different, perhaps not using tower. And i have some other ideas to add little cute things on other things.

For the name, it's very simply. I'm french, but Bonne it's not to have something like bonaparte, but my city is called Bonneville. It's in Alps, no chance to have a port here. I have simply replace the ville by a Port. Not very imaginative X-D

Very nice looking port Chenben!

I like the size an the space to walk trough the buildings!

The grey fort building is cool, i'd loose the black tower however.

Isn't it possible you make that out of grey too?

I'm looking forward to the result *sweet*

I think too, the black tower is too high. I will try to make different, perhaps not using tower.

Is there any particular reason you made the tower look like something out of the Castle sets from earlier this year? I like how you had it in the first picture.

Gaaaaaaaawd I'm going on about that tower! X-D

Thanks for sharing this Chenben! I like the way the first pic reminds me of the classic pirates sets, while having a distinct look all it's own. It almost makes me think it could be made on smaller seperate baseplates and connected modular style for an "expand-a-port" effect.

There are some very nice techniques used in here, I hope you'll continue to share your progress! *y*

I have wanted to do something like a watch tower

And is there any reason you made it black? Is that by choice or by lack of pieces?

And is there any reason you made it black? Is that by choice or by lack of pieces?

I think too, the black tower is too high. I will try to make different, perhaps not using tower. And i have some other ideas to add little cute things on other things.

No it I can't do in grey, all my grey pieces are in the little fort except 2 angles

:-D

Edited by Captain green hair

I really like the central length of the pier from the Sabre Island styled feature back towards and including the Lagoon Lock-up styled feature. Not mad on grey and black brick fortifications, atleast not in the same MOC as the yellow/white brick. But that central part looks great, it could be added to a coastline featuring sets like Broadside's Brig. :-$

Great work Mr. Chenben *y*

Very impressive expansion :-)

The three colors of walls seem to flow together very nicely.

Is that a sabre island and an armada sentry on the end there?

I'll add this to Land Based MOC index very soon

Think it's going in the Harbor section with the cannon fortifications and the lighthouse and storage building.

P