Sign in to follow this  
SirNadroj

Captain Jack Sparrow and Captain Barbossa Mosaics

Hey again. These are my latest creations: Jack Sparrow and Captain Barbossa mosaics from POTC. Each mosaic is built on a 48 stud x 48 stud baseplate. There are over 2,000 plates per mosaic, too!

Both of these mosaics are going to be donated to the 'Tomorrow Fund'. This is a non-profit organization that helps family's who have children with cancer. It is a great cause, so these will be donated to them and auctioned off in November during a ball. Hopefully they'll get some good bids!

Sparrow

Jack1-1.jpg

jack2-1.jpg

jack3-1.jpg

Barbossa

barbossa2.jpg

barbossa3.jpg

barbossa1.jpg

Thanks for looking, and here are the MOc Pages:

Sparrow:

http://mocpages.com/moc.php/35653

Barbossa:

http://mocpages.com/moc.php/35654

Edited by SirNadroj

These are stunning X-O

They are incredible in detail and very accurate *y* *y* *y*

I also like your other mosaics, SirNadroj :)

That's truly marvelous Sir Nadroj!

Where did you get all those plates?

And the fact your giving this to a good cause is very kind. Well, cancer doesn't belong in the world of kids.. so I think you are doing well! I hope they will get high bids.

On to the Mosaics...

That Jack Sparrow looks really awesome! I can't see any mistake.

Barbossa's also cool, although I think he looks a little bit like Sao Feng from a distance. I don't know why.

But I couldn't have done this, so who am I to complain...

Mosaic on!

Mr Tiber

Thanks eveyone, I appreciate the feedback!

Where did you get all those plates?

shop.lego.com. The three shades of grey were on sale, they still may be: .98 cents for 90 pecies. But since I bought 80 of each colour, I got them for .83 cents for 90 pecies. That came out to $200, then I got the black, which wasn't available on shop.lego.com, on Bricklink. Its weird because the black cost MORE than the 3 shades of grey combined!

How do you know where to put the plates?

I render the image, then I print a map of the rendered image, and place the plate on the corresponding spot on the baseplate. :S :-D

It gets monotonous after a while! :-D

Edited by SirNadroj

Wow, you must have a lot of patience to create them though, the closer you get, the more it spoils the effect, the farther you get, the better they look, but I guess that's the thing with mosaics, especially lego mosaics *sweet* Keep up the good work *y*

A wonderful work, beautiful and very accurate, especially from some distance. *y*

And what a noble project.... very cool. *sweet*

Thanks eveyone, I appreciate the feedback!

shop.lego.com. The three shades of grey were on sale, they still may be: .98 cents for 90 pecies. But since I bought 80 of each colour, I got them for .83 cents for 90 pecies. That came out to $200, then I got the black, which wasn't available on shop.lego.com, on Bricklink. Its weird because the black cost MORE than the 3 shades of grey combined!

I render the image, then I print a map of the rendered image, and place the plate on the corresponding spot on the baseplate. :S :-D

It gets monotonous after a while! :-D

WOW!!!!! :-D

Very nice and I am glad you are giving to charity... but I would guess it is really the "Tomorrow Fund". One 'm' and no 'a'? Sorry to bust your chops while you are doing good in the world, but misspelling that word in particular drives me crazy!

Very nice

Very nice and I am glad you are giving to charity... but I would guess it is really the "Tomorrow Fund". One 'm' and no 'a'? Sorry to bust your chops while you are doing good in the world, but misspelling that word in particular drives me crazy!

Very nice

Thanks, and oops! I changed it! :-D

Thanks, and oops! I changed it! :-D

Thanks... it make me much happier now! The most recent version of Firefox has a spell check built in and it is compatible with this site. I highly recommend it. You will see me forget a word every now and then, and spell something wrong if I am on another computer, but no spelling error really bugs me except tomorrow!

Anyhow, they look really nice! A++!!

Cool! Is there nothing you can't do well? Make a Technic model, go on! It is one of the few things I haven't seen from you....

Really good! And such for a very good act! A good slap on the back for this good ol' chap :capn: .

Barbossa is awsome. Both of these look very realistic. You should glue it before you give it away so pieces wont pop off!

WOW!!! Those are damn good! I am a huuuge PotC fan and I especially like the mixing of the grey colours to let it seem just like a black/white photography...

-Aredhel

Barbossa! His my favourite POTC charecther i was overwhelmed when i saw him in the At worlds end trailer.

And i must say brilliant mosaics keep it up *y*

Try make Pintel and Ragetti's ones if you can that would look good *y*

Also i was looking at your other mosaics and i happend to notice on your tv was Shaun Of The Dead am I correct?

I love that movie.

Edited by Joey Lock

Thanks everyone. Hopefully I'll get these two framed.My father works for an art gallery, so I think his boss will probably frame them for free. Probably.

Also i was looking at your other mosaics and i happend to notice on your tv was Shaun Of The Dead am I correct?

I love that movie.

You are correct. I love that movie too! :-D *y*

Great Mosaics SirNadroj *y*

They definitely works of art

Hey B or Mr. Tiber,

should this MOC be placed in one of the Indexes and if so where?

P

Edited by phred

Your mosaics were very, very awesome SirNadroj. I definitly give you two *y* up for your work. And what a great cause *sweet* . This was very, very nice of you to do. I hope they will bring in a lot of money for the children too. Model On!!

Hey B or Mr. Tiber,

should this MOC be placed in one of the Indexes and if so where?

P

Hmmm, I can't think of one... Such a great MOC and not even in an index because we don't have one for it! 8-| What say you Mr Bonaparte?

Thanks!

If these have not already been placed in an index, you can always make a new one. ;-) Maybe Pirates of the Caribbean, or Mosaic/Art. I dunno, I'm just trying to be creative! :-D

EDIT: My 777th post! Thats lucky!

Edited by SirNadroj

EDIT: My 777th post! Thats lucky!

You're just one step above the devil! :skel1:

These are very nice, Jordan. Let us know how they do in the auction.

You're just one step above the devil! :skel1:

These are very nice, Jordan. Let us know how they do in the auction.

You're right!

Thanks, I'll be sure to update everyone about the auction. It'll be in a month or two from now, though.

Just wanted to update you guys ~ the auction is Saturday. To my surprise, it is gonig to VERY formal, but they provided a free tuxedo rental for my brother and I. :'-)

I've acutally decided not to give the Barbossa mosaic, just because not too many people will recognize him ~ plus I've had the mosaics on exhibition and more people like and recognized Jack Sparrow. But I still have a feeling it'll rake in lots of money for them. Here's a picture of the finished, framed product. (The folks at the frame shop professionally framed it free of charge! :'-) )

mosaic.jpg

I'll let you guys know how much is goes for on Saturday! X-D