BlueBard

MOC: Lime GrandMa House

indexed.gif B-RM-3B

Hi everybody! :classic:

I present you the last addition to my Modular Neighborhood: a corner module I've called "Lime GrandMa House".

The house design is NOT MINE but by MOClug.com member mtMOClug as seen in this forum ([/url]), the gnomes' design is by Cornelius Murdock ()and the car design is by sonix from BS () so no credit for me for those. :wink:

I hope you like it anyway!

6005481688_3e2eb64b7c_b.jpg

6004944305_528c84053d_b.jpg

6004949407_95269999c5_b.jpg

6004968679_07f00eebbf_b.jpg

6005504572_fa878858be_b.jpg

6004974537_6a1969af41_b.jpg

6004994249_b9875a0364_b.jpg

6005560378_bd1aaecbaa_b.jpg

The rest of the pics can be seen here Comments are welcome! :classic:

To make something like this round off a corner in a modular layout is an excellent idea that I'd never have come up with. It really reminds me of the setting in the 'UP' movie by Pixar, where the city has grown around an old house with inhabitants that don't want to sell their home and move because they know the house will just be demolished and replaced with something big and modern.

I think I might just nick this idea. Brilliant!

Why do old people always choose such weird colors for their houses? :sarcasm:

The house and its property are great. :thumbup:

The entire layout is very complete and looks like it would fit right in with other modular buildings.

Hey, would you be able to take a picture of this moc with modular buildings on either side of it? :wub:

Thanks for your comments :wink:

That kiosk is awesome!

It's "recycled" from and old MOC but thanks! :sweet:

To make something like this round off a corner in a modular layout is an excellent idea that I'd never have come up with. It really reminds me of the setting in the 'UP' movie by Pixar, where the city has grown around an old house with inhabitants that don't want to sell their home and move because they know the house will just be demolished and replaced with something big and modern.

That was the idea :classic: At first I tried to put it between two bigger structures with a small garden (like in "UP") but I didn't like how it looked (too "narrow") so I decided to give the two grandpas a proper garden and a large corner for themselves.

Nice! Where's that guy going with the gnome?

GGLF! :tongue:

Hey, would you be able to take a picture of this moc with modular buildings on either side of it? :wub:

I'll try to post pictures of the whole Modular Neighborhood as soon as possible :classic:

Edited by BlueBard

Great job. I like how you're tying up your town with a corner residential property, instead of the regular restaurant or whatever. I can't wait to see your whole town completed! :thumbup:

As always 'BlueBard' your work never let's us down......AWESOME yet again, great work on the newspaper stand :thumbup: and ain't that guy cheeky.....I guess that gnome will appear in photo's at the Sydney Opera House, the Great Wall Of China and Big Ben ! :laugh:

What's next for you 'BlueBard' ? :wink:

Anyway, Brick On ! :grin:

Thanks for your comments! :classic:

What's next for you 'BlueBard' ? :wink:

For the moment, try to ensamble all the modules together and take proper pictures of the neighborhood but, after that, who knows? Those new MFs from Series 6 are really inspiring me... :wink:

What a fun vignette. I love the tree design and your choice of head for the gnome thief. You've really captured a number of great scenes on a modest footprint!

What a Great buildings.

I like the wall, use red, dark red and some other bricks to build, the effect is good!

Also the small magazine count outside. :)

What a Great buildings.

I like the wall, use red, dark red and some other bricks to build, the effect is good!

Also the small magazine count outside. :)

Thanks! :classic:

I'm a little late to the party on this one, but I liked it so much I blogged it.

As I said in the blog post, you have a knack for capturing a nostalgic classic feel yet updating it with a smooth, sleek feel. I bet your Town layout is fantastic and fun. I love all the fun little detail you put into the whole creation. It's more than just the house, it's the whole street corner. You can tell that you have fun with your creations. :sweet: Thanks for sharing it with us.

I'm a little late to the party on this one, but I liked it so much I blogged it.

As I said in the blog post, you have a knack for capturing a nostalgic classic feel yet updating it with a smooth, sleek feel. I bet your Town layout is fantastic and fun. I love all the fun little detail you put into the whole creation. It's more than just the house, it's the whole street corner. You can tell that you have fun with your creations. :sweet: Thanks for sharing it with us.

Thank you very much, Hinckley! :classic:

About the final layout, as I'll have to wait until the next month to take proper pics with some photographer friends, I'm working on a LDD model to give to you all some kind of "trailer" :tongue: I'll post it today or tomorrow :wink:

I love the Lime House, so that some time ago I built a version on my own.

I'm very curious about your work in building interiors and modules, so I can compare it with my version.

Did you based your built on the single photo that was available here?

WOW! This house is perfect! I love everything about it (and the overall moc itself) the fence is great too. Is it possible to get the building instructions for this?

WOW! This house is perfect! I love everything about it (and the overall moc itself) the fence is great too. Is it possible to get the building instructions for this?

If I got the instructions for the house, I would love you FOREVER!