halixon

Fred the Hobbit [S1 - E01]: The Soul of Adventure

(This is a story of a Hobbit who goes on a dangerous adventure. This is the first episode, and each episode will be released every weekend, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. C & C welcome over all, but i would also like to see your thoughts on the story. If you are not a fan of reading, then perhaps this is not for you.)

Next Episode: The Start of Adventure

22067396722_a4b7a2a1f6_z.jpg

Hello all, It is my pleasure, to introduce you all to a particularly curious Hobbit. His name is

Frednas Hamsfoot, though most call him Fred. His family of Hobbits, the Hamsfoots, were

a small, and lesser known family of Hobbits. Frednas had always had a soft heart for the

Baggins of Bag-End, for he also had an interest in adventure. Frodo Baggins had just left

the Shire to the east, and why that is, is unknown to the whole of Hobbiton. Frednas had

just woke up to the chirping of birds. Today was Thursday, market day. He jumped out of

bed, grabbed his walking stick and ran out the door into the green hills of Hobbiton. He

leaped over several fences, with other Hobbits yelling at him for his enthusiastic behavior.

Though, it was not the market where he was headed. He was on his way to Albung the

alchemist to pick up a special draught. He ran past the market, with a few friendly people

waving.

21457034854_45183901f1_z.jpg

Madoc the farmer in particular waved and greeted him with a "Allo Fred! Care to stop

by for a carrot or two?" he said. Fred waved back. "Sorry, i'm on my way to Albung's!"

he ran on, up to a small shack in a hill. A sign hung above the door, 'Albung's Alchemy'

it was called. Fred walked in slowly. A foul stench came from the shop. Albung stood in

front of a small table with a frog on it. He held a knife high above his head, and he

brought it down, just above the frog's head. "Wait!" Fred exclaimed.

22089885291_faf4ff9a55_z.jpg

"Ah, Frednas. Your here i see." Albung said with an old, raspy voice. "Yes, i am here for my special

draught i ordered." Frednas replied. "Ah, right." he dropped the knife, and walked back to a corner,

looking through a box. The frog hopped off the table and leaped out of the shop. "Hold on, i'm going

to need something first."Albung said. "What?! I already paid you with twelve shillings!" Fred exclaimed.

"Yes, but i must have this item."

22067387242_67257902cc_z.jpg

Albung said. "Ok, what do you need?" Frednas said reluctantly. Albung turned back

towards him. "Yesterday, fifty years ago, in the time of Bilbo Baggin's absence, a friend

and i were messing around near the entrance to his basement. We foolishly decided to

sneak in, and steal something. We went in when no one was looking, and we snuck through

the dark halls. We found a blue sapphire gem deep within, but Lobelia Sackville Baggins

was also snooping around the halls, and caught us. She dragged us by the ear back out to

our parents. Ever since, I've wanted that sapphire for a special kind of potion that is in high

demand. I need you to sneak into Bilbo's basement, and retrieve this gem, and bring it back

to me. Then i will give you the draught as well as the money you paid." Albung said. "Alright,

so i sneak into Bilbo's basement, steal the sapphire, and bring it back to you, got it." Frednas

was off like a rabbit being chased by a wolf. He snuck up to the door at the base of the hill. He

opened the door when no one was looking, lit a torch and went into the dark cellar. He saw a

great many things, from broken shelves, to dwarven helmets. He'd heard of Mr. Baggins'

adventures, but he didn't know that he'd had dealings with dwarves.

22089884631_44229eb7e7_z.jpg

Far back in the hall, he saw a blue round object that glinted from the light

of his torch.

21458753183_7abe525bf2_z.jpg

He cautiously tread deeper into the basement, towards the blue object. He picked it up, it

indeed felt like a sapphire. Perhaps it was the object Albung was looking for.

22067402262_b77bd4f44c_z.jpg

He took a swift glance around for any other blue objects, but he saw none. This was

definitely it. Now, just to get out of the basement. As he was exiting, a large spider

crawled down from his resting place and towards Fred. He ran out in shock, all because

a mere spider.

21891989228_6f64c49019_z.jpg

Now, to return to Albung...

"Ah, Frednas, how did it go, did you find the sapphire?" he inquired. "Yes, but almost

at the cost of my life!" Fred exclaimed. "How so?" Albung asked. "As i was leaving, a

​humongous spider came after me. I've never ran so fast in my life!" Frednas huffed.

"Well, i suppose that after being left alone for so long, a spider would tend to grow

large. Now, if you could hand over the gem." Albung stated. "Here." Frednas handed

him the blue jewel.

22089879951_25793728a0_z.jpg

Albung took the jewel, and headed back to the box. He dug through it until he found a

shiny gold bottle. "Now, the contents of this draught always have a positive effect, but

it varies it's side affects. Only use it when you are most ill."

22053684106_ebda637577_z.jpg

"Thank you," Frednas accepted.

To Be Continued Next Week...

(More pictures Below.)

The First Build:

21892977989_99fd48a8bf_z.jpg

The Second:

21891673230_86ceee70be_z.jpg

The Third:

22089891391_55b3ebdf8d_z.jpg

Edited by Windusky

Great work :thumbup:

I love the story and all the builds. I'm looking forward reading the next part :classic: