A vibrant and colourful town, Ruadh attracts customers from far and wide to it's many shops, which sell a variety of items. One such shop is that of Daeran, who sells finely crafted golden trinkets, weapons and armour. This is no ordinary gold however, as it is githril. Githril is to gold what Mithril is to silver, but far stronger and rarer. It is rumoured that only the greatest artisans in Historica can shape this metal. Daeren first discovered the metal whilst travelling in Nocturnus as a young lad, and is now a consummate artist, creating items that shine with with such artistic beauty, that they are worthy of display in the richest of collections.

This is not all, for Daeran's wife is a master enchantress, and bestows enchantments upon Daeran's creations. These range from simple luck charms, to wards that shield the bearer from harm, or weapons with elemental effects.

15513459155_8ca927fcab_c.jpg

Today, the shop has visitors, of a couple of different kinds.

15510301181_6463073d7f_c.jpg

There is a vampiress and her man bat guard here to peruse the wares within the shop.

15328392547_89071476de_c.jpg

This has made Daeran's wife and the other visitor, their son nervous, as they are unsure of the monsters motives. Daeran's son is a cadet in the Barquan city guard, and is visiting home on leave from his gruelling training schedule.

15513040572_70b6a06510_c.jpg

Inside the shop, Lady Sithanna makes her purchases- a golden breastplate and a warhammer, both made of enchanted githril, as a gift for Lord Vladivus.

C+C welcome! I built this to practise my Kali building, and also because Ruadh is a pretty awesome place. Thanks to SarahJoy for letting me build in Ruadh!

What a delightful build! It feels very Kali, and like I said, I love the idea of Githril. The irregular base feels a bit small, but I like the shape, and a smaller base seems to fit the tall, narrow building. The way you used tan as the center on then bottom floor and the as the edging on the second floor is unique and interesting. The sign above the door is a nice touch.

That bat guard is just awesome, and I'm curious to see where this moment in your story will lead. Thank you for a great contribution to Ruadh; we're proud to have you as our first Nocturnan build!

Edited by SarahJoy

A vibrant and colourful town (...)

The color scheme shows us exactly that and I liked very much. I believe that Ruadh has much more to show us in the future. Congrats!

This is a great build, Lord Vladivus!

The style is very fitting for Kaliphlin, with nice details like the color variations in the walls and the small tree and Joshua tree.

I like the idea of Githril, as it makes an explanation for gold-colored armor and weapons. Gold is far too soft to use, and would wear away quickly if gilded over other metals.

Brick on, Vladivus!

Thank you guys! With regards to the base, I was experimenting- trying to make it different to my usual base styling- with the feedback I think I'll try something different. It's only my second go at a outdoor desert build, so it's an area I want to improve, and I need more tan plates!

Great work, LV. Like SarahJoy said, the trim is a unique and nice touch. My favorite part of the build aside from the figs. :P

Very nice building and minifig combinations! I really like how this spontaneous communty build is evolving and challenging non-Kaliphlinites to try their hand at our beautiful architecture :classic:

I agree however that the base could have been a tad bigger when it seems to be supposed to be an environment around the building (only the building would have worked just fine as well).

Vlad, I really like to watch how you are evolving as a builder. And although this is just a small moc I really like what I'm seeing. Great combination of colors and of course excellent minifig action. Can't wait to see how you build in Mitgardia!

Very nice Vlad! I know I've said it before, but you're always welcome to a longer stay in Kali :laugh:

I thought Batman only wore black or very, very dark grey instead of purple :laugh:

Very nice build Vlad

I love the build, just not the name "githril"... but the concept of githril, a super-gold like mithril is super-silver, is great! :thumbup: Ideas brewing for githril veins discovered in Mitgardia... A strong temptation for dwarves to seek out, as the masters of mining & metal! Heck, that could be an even stronger reason to invade Avalonia (or any of the other lands) than the threat of the Drow, for some dwarves! :grin:

I love the upstairs door, and the worried expressions... The Chima head/bat-ears/Lake-Town-body combo is a lot of fun, and the tree looks suitably desert-y!

Yeah, Githril-lust sounds like a great reason for the dwarves to break off and do their own thing in Avalonia. Less vague than the current reasoning, that's for sure.

Less vague than the current reasoning, that's for sure.

What's vague about it? The dwarves hate the drow and the Elves, who they don't like that much either, seemingly conspire with them. Which dwarf would not boil over given this information?

Very nice, Lord Vladivus!

This certainly has that Kaliphian feel and style. Lovely details, particularlly the use of brick bricks here. But, those minifigs are my favorite part, specifically the bat man.

Good job, keep up the great work! :classic:

Edited by Sir Gareth

I love the build, just not the name "githril"... but the concept of githril, a super-gold like mithril is super-silver, is great! :thumbup:

I agree that a different name would be better but the concept is perfect.

What's vague about it? The dwarves hate the drow and the Elves, who they don't like that much either, seemingly conspire with them. Which dwarf would not boil over given this information?

My understanding was that the dwarves kinda woke up one day and said "let's go mine in Avalonia anyway, cuz elves can go buzz off". If they're doing it for a very rare and precious resource, well, that makes a little more sense. I didn't get the notion that the elves and drow are working together. In fact, having the dwarves wanting to fight drow in spite of border issues also makes sense but there seemed to be a lot of to-do about mining rights in the first few story builds. I'm not trying to dismiss any work on the story, mind you. I thought you and Ecc were keeping stuff vague for a reason!

Thanks guys! Regarding the githril, perhaps that could be a regional name- perhaps the Nocty name for it, as it's where Daeran first came across it? And thus we could come up with another name?

And kabel + mc, oops didn't mean to start that!

Another great Ruadh build, the style seems to be quite captivating! Nice job on the interior!

Thanks guys! Regarding the githril, perhaps that could be a regional name- perhaps the Nocty name for it, as it's where Daeran first came across it? And thus we could come up with another name?

Mithril's a Sindarin word combining "mith" (grey) with "ril" (glimmer)... perhaps a similar compound word from Sindarin? Like "maladbel" or "belmalad" (strong gold) or "mallentû" (golden strength) or "mallenang" (golden iron) or...something. Never really tried to use Tolkien's language to name something! :blush:

Ver nice! Ruadh sure is booming!

I know it may not be possible with the different angles of all the pics, but it'd be neat to see many of these combined into a marketplace... it's becoming quite the city!

Edited by Venkefedo