Sign in to follow this  
Bizzy78

MOC: Classic Alfa Romeo GTV6 (116)

I have had a dream of an Alfa Romeo GTV6 since i was a kid and visited a motorshow with my dad were it was presented.

Some years ago i hade the time and money to buy me one of those classics. As all other things it added upp and at one point i had 3 of these in my garage. 1 mint conditioned original example, one racier for track days with a lot of mods and one in god condition for thoose warm summer every day drives.

So to summon things up, i have totally restored 2 of these great vehicles and helpt alot of other owners with service and replacement parts.

Today a new storie begins as i intend to build a perfect replica in Lego at the scale 1:10.

Anybody looking forward to follow such an build?

I have had a dream of an Alfa Romeo GTV6 since i was a kid and visited a motorshow with my dad were it was presented.

Some years ago i hade the time and money to buy me one of those classics. As all other things it added upp and at one point i had 3 of these in my garage. 1 mint conditioned original example, one racier for track days with a lot of mods and one in god condition for thoose warm summer every day drives.

So to summon things up, i have totally restored 2 of these great vehicles and helpt alot of other owners with service and replacement parts.

Today a new storie begins as i intend to build a perfect replica in Lego at the scale 1:10.

Anybody looking forward to follow such an build?

I, for one, do... I would be very interested to know what tires you will be using. That is most often the decisive factor when deciding on a scale...

-ED-

I, for one, do... I would be very interested to know what tires you will be using. That is most often the decisive factor when deciding on a scale...

-ED-

My first thought was these:

Part 32003 Tire 68.8 x 24

Have not looked how well they match the scale yet.

My first thought was these:

Part 32003 Tire 68.8 x 24

Have not looked how well they match the scale yet.

well, have a look at the blueprint and find out :wink:

alfa_romeo_gtv6_1986-17447.jpg

I have that picture but with the real measurements in one of my owners manual so i will take it from there :sweet:

So im on with this one. Sat the whole night yesterday with blueprints and it has come a bit in the planning.

Hers some pics from the start of the chassis, alot of things to add and change but thats the fun part of it all right :classic:

post-26995-13490135412052.jpg

post-26995-13490135473865.jpg

The wheelbase of the Alfa Romeo GTV6 does seem to be a little long to me too:

alfa-romeo-gtv6-05.jpg

The wheelbase of the Alfa Romeo GTV6 does seem to be a little long to me too:

alfa-romeo-gtv6-05.jpg

Yeah it´s to long. It will be shorter when set. Just trixing my way forward.

That's quite the exotic rear suspension you have to re-create. Good luck! :thumbup:

Yeah it is but thats one of the beatuys with these cars.

I think i have rebulit and upgraded 10s of those in real life so now its just geting that knowledge into LEGO.

This weekend i will work with this project. Lowering the steering ang getting the engine in place.

I will also build a bodywork moc to see that proportions are good.