Sign in to follow this  
Peppermint_M

MOC: RER - The Lancaster Hurricane

5777461003_69491a3393.jpg

Presenting the latest entrant to the World Racing Associations exciting new Right Engine Racer competition: The Lancaster Hurricane. As a conceit of the racing team, this machine is styled after the aircraft of yesteryear and named accordingly. The powerful prop-turbine is partnered with an aesthetic addition on the pod.

I was looking through my aircraft books today and also browsed a nice gallery from a recent airshow. I just had to build this stylised RER. Grey shades and yellow are my two favourite partner colours, especially for MOCs styled after this particular era.

More on Brickshelf (when moderated)

The first thing that came to mind was Naboo Starfighter. :laugh: The pilot and the colors threw me off. This is a very nice creation, like with your World Racer models, and with the slightst color change, it'd fit right in with Steampunk creations.

But I'm not too sure what the RER in the title means. :blush:

These are some cool creations. How exactly do they mange to make turns though? They're clearly one sided, weight wise.

Very cool, it is like a steam punk, starwars, racers, Pharaohs, city themed hover vehicle. *oh2*

The overall look is very satisfying for this, with all of the propellors. :thumbup:

'Peppermint' you haven't been in the ale again have you ? :laugh:

An interesting creation, though it would never ready fly...though it's a clever fusion of steam-punk and a SW pod-racer.

But I must ask, does this fly on a slant and why is there a small prop on the cockpit when there is a huge one on the engine ? :wink:

Brick On 'Peppermint'......the new Queen Of The Skies ! :grin:

Another very nice build Pep! This new type of racers you've created really reminds me of the Podracers in SW Ep.I as both of these racing vehicle types are very unique in design and at the same time can be customized with different detailing and color scheme to suit the racer.

Replies:

"The right engine racer works on the principal of Moar Powah! The large engine, when activated, tilts the pod to a horizontal from its resting tangent. The pod itself is simply a position from where the racer can pilot and by rules has a single zap-blaster mounted to the left side. Complex fins and rudders positoned about the turbine casing allow for a high level of manoeuvrability.

The power cores utilise a variety of sources (so far featured have been Coch-sticks, Orange Core and the popular Airforze circulation cell) and all provide both power for the drive and for the levitainium frame (as everyone knows, levitanium cannot provide it's unique uplift without power running through it from an external source). The levitanium provides lift to the race pod and the heavy turbine engine.

The racers then compete in circuits designed to showcase the unique locales and challenge the racers to adapt to the different environments. Holographic action pads situated around the course allow for interesting results when blasted. Some provide an advantage to the racer while others put the rest of the field at a disadvantage. Both lap circuits and straight runs feature on the exciting Right Engine

Racer programme. Tune in every Saturday at 15:00 (GMT) on the Xtreme Racing channel for the WRA's live race!"

There are a lot of teams on the circuit, each fielding a single race pod. There are a number of designs used, including this featured racer in which the team have designed it after older aircraft including a non-functional propeller and somewhat useless left wing.

(Beware the brain of Pepper, she fills it with shiny cartoons, spiffy Speculative Fiction and many a book of flying craft, fictional and real. Also Real Ale, lots of fine British Real Ale) :laugh:

An excellent Sky-Fi build Pep, moar powah indeed :laugh: Must be the KDM rocket fuel supplied from over yon seas.

I don't think that this thing should has troubles flying, but I can assure you that if you have trouble landing

somehow, in some way, I remembered of Baron Münchhausen when riding an cannonball :wacko:

ps. your pilot needs a parachute, just in case! :laugh: