Gabe

West Berigora barracks and millitary academy

In the hills on the western side of the port city of Berigora is situated the main barracks and millitary academy of the Peregrinian forces. From this vantage point, the army has good access to both the city and to the causeway road, should an attack come from that direction.

barracks1eb_120712.jpg

barracks3eb_120712.jpg

The barracks partly uses the natural defences of the landscape for fortification, as well as an outer wall and high gaurdtowers at each corner.

barracks10eb_120712.jpg

Today the barracks are a hive of activity. Waisur Iarel, the runner-up of the Mpya Stedor archery tournament, is rolling out his "Evergold archery system" bows to the Peregrinian archers. This is thier first look at the new bows and they can't wait to get to try them out!

barracks4eb_120712.jpg

barracks14eb_110712.jpg

Arianna Thunderbow*, a former Nocturnian who sought refuge in Kaliphlin after the archery tournament, was encouraged by Waisur to settle in Peregrinus and join their forces. On her arrival she met and fell deeply in love with Phrixelle, the centaur warrioress who defeated Yavonnel in the Drow gladiator games - the two are now inseperable.

Arianna has her reservations about the new bows, not wanting to give up her beloved longbow. But it's hard to argue with the superior range and accuracy of the Evergold system!

(*Credit for the creation of Arianna Thunderbow goes to the incomperable Angeli!)

barracks9eb_120712.jpg

To combat the threat of earth elementals, Lord Sansael has ordered the formation of new sapper units. These brave men will use the tunnel networks of the Rakath to seek out forming elementals and destroy them before they have a chance to grow too large and destructive. They are hoping that Professor Mia can come up with a targeting system that can tell them where the greatest concentrations of elemental magic might be - this would make thier job a lot easier!

barracks5eb_120712.jpg

Spot the new recruit! :wink:

barracks3eb_110712.jpg

Here is only one of the many buildings within the barracks complex. On the ground floor are sleeping quarters that are accessed through the tower gaurdroom. The smaller building is an alternitive access route to the top floor - this room also doubles as a small storage space.

barracks15eb_120712.jpg

Ground floor of the tower gaurdroom.

barracks18eb_120712.jpg

The top floor contains a small lecture theatre and hallway where one can look over the courtyard. There is also a balcony above the small storeroom and stairway on the left.

barracks12eb_120712.jpg

A window into the lecture theatre. Here Professor Mia is holding forth on her recent research into "Earth elementals and methods of defence against them."

barracks20eb_120712.jpg

barracks21eb_120712.jpg

The gaurdtower has multiple levels within it for observation - a small walkway at the level of the gold windows, a platform just below the roof and then the rooftop itself.

barracks17eb_120712.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you enjoyed my build, thanks for looking! C&c welcome as always. :classic:

Edited by gabe

*oh2*

Brilliant build, I have been waiting for this one, and you don't disappoint!

~dangerous dave~

That's really nice! :thumbup: I love the color scheme and everything about it. They way it opens is awesome! I need more pictures. Is this built on the Pharohs quest base plate or something else?

this is great work.

I especially like the upper windows in the tower. very nice.

lots of great details through out the build the curved stairs, the roof of the main building, the bands of color I especially like too.

Again great job,

Another excellent piece of architecture and defense within the borders of Kaliphlin.

I really like the window details, the rock formation, the sappers, and the school. Great ideas there. This is an excellent build with all the right visibility built in.

Are you planning on building the rest of the academy?

It's moments like these that I know I joined the right guild. I like the mechanical bows that your archers have. What's that machine on top of the rocks? A drill?

*oh2*

Brilliant build, I have been waiting for this one, and you don't disappoint!

~dangerous dave~

Aw shucks, thanks! :blush: I just wanted to get at least one free-build in between challenges, otherwise i feel like i never make any headway in my "to build" pile of ideas. :wink:

That's really nice! :thumbup: I love the color scheme and everything about it. They way it opens is awesome! I need more pictures. Is this built on the Pharohs quest base plate or something else?

Thanks captn BB! :classic: I do have some more pics i need to take, so i might add some more in the next day or so. Is there anything in particular you'd like a better look at?

Btw, that is indeed the Pharoah's Quest raised baseplate, well spotted. I love that baseplate, it's so useful!

this is great work.

I especially like the upper windows in the tower. very nice.

lots of great details through out the build the curved stairs, the roof of the main building, the bands of color I especially like too.

Again great job,

Awesome build! So much to love here! :thumbup:

That's fantastic! I love the rock-work.

Cheers fellows, i'm glad you like it! :classic:

Another excellent piece of architecture and defense within the borders of Kaliphlin.

I really like the window details, the rock formation, the sappers, and the school. Great ideas there. This is an excellent build with all the right visibility built in.

Are you planning on building the rest of the academy?

Thanks for the kind words fellow guildie! No, i am not planning on building the rest of the barracks/academy complex, unless... maybe in microscale? :look: I do need to practice my microscale after all...

It's moments like these that I know I joined the right guild. I like the mechanical bows that your archers have. What's that machine on top of the rocks? A drill?

Haha, thanks Axis! Don't worry, you are certainly in the right guild. :wink: Yep, it's a drill - i'm not so good at building mechanical whizzbangs, but it kinda looks ok i think if you don't look too critically at it! :laugh: I'm planning on taking some more pics of my sapper unit soon, so i should get a better pic of it.

Your builds are always inspiring :thumbup: I like that you did the interior of the buildings, and using the bley bracket piece uncovered works surprisingly well for wall decoration. The skeleton legs in the second story windows are a great parts usage too, the curved staircase is also a nice touch.

Incredible work :classic:

gabe, your builds continue to lead the way in Kaliphlin superiority! The details inside really add a ton to this one. I did not expect Friends to look so good in armor!

Excited to see what you'll cook up for Challenge 4!

Wow. That's awesome. So much detail like the drill, rocks, and colors. And I love that tower that opens up to show the stairs. :wub::thumbup:

Wow Gabe! Much to like here! The color scheme is the first things that strikes me! Just great! Love the light gray details at the windows! The cypress is very clever! How did you do that?

I think you are the only one in GOH that uses the Falcons? :classic:

Very nice.

I like mostly everything that you've done here.

I like the coloration and the texture on the building. Nice details with the windows and I appreciate that you always put energy into making an interior. Looks like your stairs could use a little detailing though, but that is a tiny nitpick.

Great work man!

(dG... I have a few falcons who might make it into a future build. They are a cool torso to be sure!)

Great build! And I love that tree, its perfect for the sandy building.

Your builds are always inspiring :thumbup: I like that you did the interior of the buildings, and using the bley bracket piece uncovered works surprisingly well for wall decoration. The skeleton legs in the second story windows are a great parts usage too, the curved staircase is also a nice touch.

Thanks soccerkid! :classic: Yeah, i just wish i had more of those 1x4 brackets in light bley, it's going on my next BL order for sure. :wink: I wasn't so sure about the first floor windows - i wanted some light (and breeze!) to get in for my poor cadets, b

Thanks soccerkid! :classic: Yeah, i just wish i had more of those 1x4 brackets in light bley, it's going on my next BL order for sure! :wink: I wasn't so sure about the first floor windows - i wanted some light (and breeze!) to get in for my poor cadets, but i didn't want large openings in the wall there as it detracted from the feel of a fortified building. I guess this was my compromise. :sceptic:

gabe, your builds continue to lead the way in Kaliphlin superiority! The details inside really add a ton to this one. I did not expect Friends to look so good in armor!

Excited to see what you'll cook up for Challenge 4!

Cheers Kayne, glad you like it! :classic: Yeah, i had to get a "friend" in there somewhere, it being the month of the minidoll after all. :wink: You should try them with the uruk helmet on... scary! :devil:

Wow. That's awesome. So much detail like the drill, rocks, and colors. And I love that tower that opens up to show the stairs. :wub::thumbup:

Thanks Capt. JohnPaul for your kind words! :classic:

Wow Gabe! Much to like here! The color scheme is the first things that strikes me! Just great! Love the light gray details at the windows! The cypress is very clever! How did you do that?

I think you are the only one in GOH that uses the Falcons? :classic:

Thanks DeGothia! Yeah, i'm not sure if anyone else uses the falcons as thier home force? I think they cropped up in someone else's challenge 3 moc as a possessed demon army, but i can't remember who that was. :look: Anyway, they've always been my favourite faction, and they do seem to fit into Kaliphlin quite well.

I'm glad you like the cypress, i tried a few different things before i came up with that. :classic: I really didn't want to go with the usual Avalonian looking trees as it wouldn't have suited the climate. Basically it's 3 concentric rings of woven foliage pieces stacked on top of one another, resting on a slightly flared tree trunk. (the green small foliage peices at the top are attched to the trunk also) I'm pretty happy with it, though i'll probably experiment with the form a bit more.

Very nice.

I like mostly everything that you've done here.

I like the coloration and the texture on the building. Nice details with the windows and I appreciate that you always put energy into making an interior. Looks like your stairs could use a little detailing though, but that is a tiny nitpick.

Great work man!

(dG... I have a few falcons who might make it into a future build. They are a cool torso to be sure!)

Cheers Zcerb for your kind words! :classic: Are you talking about the curved outside stair or the short flight leading the small stariwell? Both are a little underdone i agree, although i did try to vary the ground on the curved stairs and it looked too much, so i pared it back again.

I'll look forward to seeing some falcons in your mocs! :wink:

Great build! And I love that tree, its perfect for the sandy building.

Thanks Cara! :classic:

Every detail i see makes my jaw drop another foot graet job :thumbup:

Thanks turtleman! :classic:

Edited by gabe

Realy nice build! There are some great ideas here like the use of that baseplate, windows, and tree...

Berigora, already now a legendary city!

When Mpya Stedor is finished, you are one of the guys I will refer to in the credits :laugh: You are a really big inspiration :classic:

Anyway, it's madness to try to find a critic on this build as you would lose a whole week searching for it! :classic:

It's just brilliant :thumbup:

Realy nice build! There are some great ideas here like the use of that baseplate, windows, and tree...

Thanks Mikel! I rather partial to the tree too... i've torn down the building now in preperation for my challenge build, but i've kept the cypress for a later project. :wink:

Berigora, already now a legendary city!

When Mpya Stedor is finished, you are one of the guys I will refer to in the credits :laugh: You are a really big inspiration :classic:

Anyway, it's madness to try to find a critic on this build as you would lose a whole week searching for it! :classic:

It's just brilliant :thumbup:

Aw shucks, thanks for the kind words DaMaximus! :blush: I'm really glad you enjoyed my build.

@Gabe can you post more pics of the winged centaur creature?

No worries. The first image shows Angeli's brilliant original fig on the left, and my version of the character on the right. The second image shows a little bit of how the wings are connected. :classic:

ariannaversionseb.jpg

arianna5eb.jpg

Edited by gabe

How many ways do I love this build? The tree was the first thing that blew me away, but there is so much more. The window detailing, the curtains and interiors, the hinged wall designs, the sappers concept, the drill, the archery range. So much going on here, and all of it is first class. This is so much better than I expected even from your wip shots. Absolutely brilliant! :classic:

Wow, the centaurs are really cool I love the one with wings!

This is a great moc :laugh::thumbup: !

Thanks mate! The winged centaur was originally one of Angeli's amazing minifig creations, he has graciously let me adopt that character. Expect to see more of Arinna Thunderbow in future mocs! :classic:

How many ways do I love this build? The tree was the first thing that blew me away, but there is so much more. The window detailing, the curtains and interiors, the hinged wall designs, the sappers concept, the drill, the archery range. So much going on here, and all of it is first class. This is so much better than I expected even from your wip shots. Absolutely brilliant! :classic:

Thanks so much for your kind words robuko! I am very happy that you have enjoyed so many aspects of my build. :blush:

Thas is absolutely stunning! :sweet:

It took me a while to see all the great things in this moc! Some notable things: The angled rockwork and staircase, the amazing color choice and offcourse all the modular parts. I try to make an interior most of the time, so when it's done by someone else it has my attention even more! :thumbup: And very interesting minifigs, looking forward seeing more Kaliphlin mocs like this.