mutley777

May the Fourth and now Revenge of the Fifth?

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

A member over at Brickshelf was mentioning the May the Fourth promo to a Lego brand store member of staff in the UK and got this very interesting response.

So I was in Cardiff buying my DS on Thursday evening and was asking all the usual questions (got any grab bags, will you sell the store monthly build models, any damaged box ENs out the back etc etc) and the store assistant asked if I wanted to use the points on my card. I politely declined, as I was probably going to return on May 4th.

He then said there would be a promotion for Revenge of the Fifth too, although he didn't say what.

Anyone else heard this? Start saving your pennies, looks like another expensive month up ahead.

Seeing as the last May the Fourth promo was such a big success (or not if you missed out on the fig) then a double promo/free gift makes scense. The 2 Christmas/Holiday sets were pretty good incentives to make a order so why not do the same with the Star Wars.

Is it May the 5th?

Oh my!

our shield can't withstand bad puns of that magnitude.

Revenge of the sixth makes more sense to me.

I hate to say this, but I feel obliged to.....not really, there were only two at any one time, not sixth!! :wink:

Ok, I'm really sorry about that - it won't happen again :laugh:

After missing last year's promotion I'm definately on my toes for this year's!

Any clues as to what it is? Or has this already been thouroghly discussed over on the MAMMOTH 248 page 2012 Pics and Rumours topic? :classic:

For my tuppence worth, I'm hedging my bets on the Maul minifig as one of the 4th/5th promotional pieces.

For my tuppence worth, I'm hedging my bets on the Maul minifig as one of the 4th/5th promotional pieces.

I thought so as well. But currently I think that Maul is too important for TCW, so we'll see him in an official set. Of course it could still be a promotional minifigure, but I don't think so. I have no idea what it could be, though; right now, I wonder if it will be a minifigure at all.

Edited by Brickadeer

I hate to say this, but I feel obliged to.....not really, there were only two at any one time, not sixth!! :wink:

Ok, I'm really sorry about that - it won't happen again :laugh:

You are referring to Darth Bane's New Sith Order, and the Rule of Two.

The Old Sith allowed more than two members at a time. :wink:

:laugh: :laugh:

:oh: Very interesting, and I hope this turns out to be true so we can get two promo items. :drool:

Anyone feel like digging through 2012 Rumors and Discussion for any info we may already have? I'd do it, except it would make me too depressed that I can't afford any Star Wars this year. :cry_sad: But if the May the Fourth and/or Revenge of the Fifth/Sixth promos are good enough, just maybe... :cry_happy:

Edited by Flipz

Any clues as to what it is? Or has this already been thouroghly discussed over on the MAMMOTH 248 page 2012 Pics and Rumours topic? :classic:

I asked a day or so ago in the general SW question thread. I haven't checked there yet today, but there was no answer yesterday. I too missed out on the ARF. Now with two days...bah humbug, now I'll have to decide which day to visit the store on...unless this is good online as well?

I too was hoping for a chance to pick up the NY toy fair Darth Maul fig but things seem to be pointing possibly to a chrome fig TC-14. Well I think that one is more likely than the other mad rumor of a chrome Ewok! :laugh:

I must point out that these still very much unconfirmed rumors.

TC-14

Tc-142.jpg

I too was hoping for a chance to pick up the NY toy fair Darth Maul fig but things seem to be pointing possibly to a chrome fig TC-14. Well I think that one is more likely than the other mad rumor of a chrome Ewok! :laugh:

I must point out that these still very much unconfirmed rumors.

TC-14

Tc-142.jpg

I would love one of these! So many uses - T-C14, E2 C-3PO, and probably some droid in the EU. This "Revenge of the Fifth" thing is a bit odd. Sounds to me as either an extension date, or a comeback of the Shadow ARC.

You are referring to Darth Bane's New Sith Order, and the Rule of Two.

The Old Sith allowed more than two members at a time. :wink:

:laugh: :laugh:

And the new Sith order (post Palps).

This year I want the fig to be something special really special like an episode one c3po or a hologram darth sidious or the shirtless maul

Edited by Sam892

Last year, at least in Germany, it was a 2-day-promotion, in the stores and the s@h. I had the understanding it was all over Europe, but I might be wrong.

TC-14 would be lovely, could use a silver droid very well... I wonder, though, what sets will be on offer? Should not be 2012 sets, so I believe it's the Falcon, Rep Frigate or the Death Star.

It's not too late to get one: Orders over $99 will receive 1 Shadow Arf at checkout, just enter promo code FRA1 in the USA and FRA2 in Canada.

And as for this year's promotion, I don't really mind what it is as long as it's an exclusive minifig. :classic:

Sounds to me as either an extension date, or a comeback of the Shadow ARC.

It's Shadow ARF (though a Shadow ARC would be awesome), but I agree that it's probably just an extension date.

Yes. I meant to meantion that.

Thats all lower canon though that Lucas won't acknowledge...except for the money rolling in for allowing it to exist.

Yes, the Shadow ARF is back as a promo for those who missed it. :thumbup:

I placed an order on the last day of the Double VIP points promo and although the sets I ordered are on backorder, the Shadow ARF Trooper has shipped. Another welcome addition to my ranks.

Wait... so it's official now? The May the 4th promo will be the Black ARF again?

Does anyone know if it will be the same for Europe/Germany? If I understood correctly, this news is only for USA/CA...

I like the Black ARF and I'd rather get a second one of him than something unnecessary like the mini TIE, but a new fig would be nice.

Greetings

-Bane