Sign in to follow this  
Derfel Cadarn

For Whom The Bell Tolls!

th_thindexedgif.gif 94d

The church of St Govan stands on one of the most scenic parts of the Dumnonian coastline, but sinister things have been happening. A gang of pirates has been using lights on the cliff to lore ships onto the rocks in storms, where the pirates can then plunder the wrecks. The bell rings as warning during storms and is a sad lament for the doomed ships and lost souls who fall victim. Im still working on some 'night time' pics, its a bit harder to get a decent pic at night then i thought. Hopefully get some up soon. Enjoy :pir-classic:

12562279015_DISPLAY.jpg

12562265591_DISPLAY.jpg

12562278994_DISPLAY.jpg

12562265612_DISPLAY.jpg

12562278941_DISPLAY.jpg

12562265623_DISPLAY.jpg

12562278952_DISPLAY.jpg

Great work. I do like the masonary technic- but once again it is your landscaping skills that impress me most.

I have a question... do you have all of the coastline MOCs still assembled-- or do you have to take pieces from the old for the new?

Ahhh. You have put your fantastic church into another fantistic setting. I love the rounds technic you've used. One day I am going to have to try a cottage or something using this approach. As always...Truely spectacular! :thumbup:

Oh My God, you did it.

That looks spectacular, I am very impressed with the setting, I can't wait to see this added to the end of your shoreline.

The amount of grennery is impressive. I swear you are one of the best free standing building MOC'rs I've ever come across. My hat's off to you. :pir-cry_happy:

At first I thought thiw was an entry for PTV II but then I saw the pillaging pirates and realised that this was not allowed in the PTV contest! I love this creation. The church is beautifull, just beautifull. The landscaping is done extrodinairy good! And the figs are just plain awesome! I'd buy it if it was an official set!

I'd buy it if it was an official set!

You'd be broke if it was an official set :pir_laugh2:

Great work! Indeed, the church is already impressive, but your landscape is at least equally impressive.

What a great moc and a great landscape.

Terriffic! :thumbup::pir-oh3::pir-wub:

Why are the peasants by the church under shot by the pirate lass? Are they captured?

Why are the peasants by the church under shot by the pirate lass? Are they captured?

Read the story that comes with the pictures and you'll know :pir-wink: .

Very outstanding MOC! I love the landscaping skills and the church looks awesome, especcialy the windows.

Real nice stuff,this is what i like about lego...when i got some time this winter i realy like to build something like this.

Well done on another amazing coastline scene :thumbup: I have been meaning to comment on the amazing work on the church, but now the finished moc just seals the deal. An all round inspiring creation, well worthy of frontpaging. I love all the detailing on the church, especially the windows. The cliff face appears to be made out of lots of BURP's and LURP's, is this right?

The water tiling works well on a large enough creation such as yours, had you considered raising the white tiles by one plate to make the waves rise out of the water? perhaps using jumpers underneath to allow angled waves.

Great stuff!

Wow! That is one supurb MOC Mister Cardarn! I'm loving the priest's cross/staff thing. And the whole feel of the MOC is so realistic. Well done. :pir-classic:

Outstanding creation again Derfel! The church fits very nicely in this diorama. :thumbup:

The cliff is great as usual, great job on all those details.

I also really like the look of the church, the windows are awesome and the angular brown tiles in the tower as well. Very realistic! I'm looking forward to the night scene you mentioned...

Great work! :thumbup:

Amazing landscape in this build :cry_happy: , also great stained glass windows on the church as well as the awsome wall technique, it blew me away :cannon: . Great build Derfel :thumbup:.

:pir-angry: Arghhh! thad (that'd/what would) be plagiarism me boy-o!! "for whom the bell tolls" is a chapter in One Piece!! (and the name of one of the books too!) i believe it was volume 5? anyhow...i here-by arrest ye, Derfel Cardan, under arrest!

just kidding, but i dont like that.

nice MOC other wise. big rocks=cool. good vegetation and the building is great.

Edited by andy0002

WOW thats AMAZING!!!! and HUGE!!!! :pir-wub:

I love the rock, the church and those stain glass windows or whatever you call them are Very cool :thumbup:

Very well done Derfel Cardarn :pir-wub: very well done!

CommanderFox

Horrible! My grandma builds better then that....HAHA completely messing with you. Absolutely love it. It is definitely in my top 10 MOCs ever built.The detail is amazing; just check out that building...speechless. On scale 1-10, one being horrible and 10 being perfect, I give you 14 ;)

Incredible. This is most certainly one of the best MOCs I have ever seen, if not the best. This creation is a step up from your others, which are also fantastic, and the church masonry work is one of the best techniques around, but I am more impressed by your landscaping - the amount of greenery you fit into this MOC is wonderful. :thumbup:

Brilliant.

*tries to pick jaw up off the floor* That is absolutely amazing!!! :pir-wub: I absolutely love the scenery around the graveyard and those stained glass windows are inspired.

I must remember to pick up a cup of 1x1 studs next time I'm at a PAB wall. :pir-laugh:

*tries to pick jaw up off the floor* That is absolutely amazing!!!

That's what I was thinking, this is just plane down crazy :pir_wacko:

That church is beautiful, as is the scenery.

Your idea for the lighthouse and the ships was very creative :thumbup:

Good One :classic:

The MOC itself is fantastic, no doubt there, but what I like even more than that is the story of coastal pirates forcing merchant ships onto cliffs. It is not only historically accurate but also something that has rarely been used as a story before.

The use of the title is unique as well; i also like Metallica :pir-cry_happy: