2596250-o_1apjr2fk1chce5vo711mgc1q007-full.jpg

This is a project I've been working on from time to time during the summer. A bobblehead is a toy figure with an oversized head that is connected to the body with a spring. When you lightly tap on its head it wobbles (or bobbles) back and forth for a while. I was thinking about how a bobblehead could be made by LEGO bricks, and how the wobbling effect could be built. There is no real LEGO spring that can be used for this purpose, so I had to think of something else to use. After some trial and error I found a simple technic using an LEGO antenna piece which creates a wobbling effect that works really well. The video below shows how it works in reality.

I created an Ideas project of it as well, so please have a look and I would appreciate if you gave it your support. :classic:

I decided to recreate six characters from the original Star Wars movie into LEGO bobbleheads - Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Han Solo, Boba Fett, Darth Vader and a Stormtrooper.

2596186-o_1apjqjf7o1742feja42g9a1pghc-full.jpg

2596236-o_1apjqkknd2tc1oibkjfbira4g2p-full.jpg

2596192-o_1apjqjf7o1coatse15mi1qs81a9oe-full.jpg

2596210-o_1apjqjf7o13m81btk160b885i75k-full.jpg

The head can also be turned in all directions like in the image below.

2596219-o_1apjqjf7pg27128h1spj1ecu1c5mn-full.jpg

Hope you enjoy it! :classic:

Edited by LegoJalex

I think the overall look is very creative, but as an Ideas project it looks very similar to Funko Pop figures and may be moot anyway, as Lego is producing Brickheadz for Marvel and DC next year. There's a very good chance Brickheadz will extend to Star Wars, as well.

Both instances hurt the chance of success with Ideas.

I love how simple they are. No springs!! All Lego. The antenna is brilliant!

But, as HawkLord said, I think with the introduction of Blockheads, these will hard pressed to make into an Ideas set.

Good luck, Jamie

Thanks for your comments guys!

I think the overall look is very creative, but as an Ideas project it looks very similar to Funko Pop figures and may be moot anyway, as Lego is producing Brickheadz for Marvel and DC next year. There's a very good chance Brickheadz will extend to Star Wars, as well.

Both instances hurt the chance of success with Ideas.

Thanks! I know there is similarity to Brickheadz, so maybe they won't be interested in making it if it would reach the goal, but it is still another idea with the wobbling head. O the other hand I hope that now with the new guidelines that if it wasn't in their interest at all they would not have accepted the project.

Not sure how I feel about the eyes on them though.

I think the eyes is only adding to the fun aspect, so I like them more.

I think the eyes is only adding to the fun aspect, so I like them more.

Thanks! There are some who thinks they look creepy and some who thinks they look cute. :laugh:

B-b-b-b-brilliant! Haha! :)

Haha thanks! :laugh:

I always think we've these that when the characters have helmets they always look better but you have done a great job with Luke, Han and Liea too. Even if they do look constantly surprised!