Sign in to follow this  
Tilly

Where's Wally

Ok this is the first custom I've posted here, so here goes nothing...

It's Wally (or Waldo, for Americans) from the Where's Wally books. I used paint, rather than decals, so the lines are not as clean as I would like :hmpf_bad: The hat is epoxy putty, and the walking stick is a butchered spear.

wallyii.jpg

I am working on some of the other characters from the same books, so I may come back and add more pics!

Great moc! I did not expect to see such likeliness! Considering the stripes are painted, that is 1 great artpiece!

Ok! So! Over a year ago I said I was going to be making some of the other Where's Wally characters, and finally I'm back to deliver! Presenting Wenda:

wenda.jpg

Stripes are painted and hat is epoxy putty, same as Wally. Face is the Swimming champion from CMF S7 with glasses drawn on using a fine tipped sharpie. Skirt is made from fabric, works the same way as the kilt on the bagpiper in CMF S7.

Also, Wizard Whitebeard:

wizard_whitebeard.jpg

His staff is a butchered windsurfing mast with painted stripes. I'm still kind of torn about whether to leave his blue hat as is or to remove the brim to make him more true to the books. I kind of like it the way it is. Also I may swap out his head for a better one. I think the CMF S8 santa face would be ideal.

That's my progress so far! I'm pretty close to finishing Odlaw (the bad guy) though so hopefully I'll be back sooner next time :sceptic:

I've been looking for these books at the thrift stores lately. My daughter loves to delve into pictures with minute details...

But if I did that, then I would definitely need to create one of these for the "big lego house" she plays with. (It's Jabba's palace, so he'd fit right in.)

Had no idea he was Wally on your side of the water....

For Woof, you could just do the tail hiding behind something? As he originally appeared in the 3rd book.

Had no idea he was Wally on your side of the water....

He was Wally everywhere except NA or perhaps only USA I believe. Apparently "wally" is a childish euphemism there (elsewhere the euphemism is "willy") so the publishers had it changed to Waldo.

Edited by Artanis I

Look really good, not the best but still good. The hair is okay but i think you should have use something else.

Not the best? I assume you can do better?