kill will

How did you like the Clone Wars TV series?

I just watched the world premier of "The Clone Wars" show on cartoon network. I loved it, it was war oriented, not based on the jedi. The animation was top notch, the story was good, and the explosions were the best. I personally think that it relates to the Lego sets more than the movie did, but that's just my opinion. Post your thoughts or watch the show! (Different time zones, you know) :classic:

The show was good, but Yoda seemed very strange. Other then the twilight and AAT, and 10 seconds of RGS, I didnt see any sets that I can remember.

jife

Just watched it myself, and found it more tolerable than the movie. The animation is well done, although much more appreciable to those who A) like CG animation, and B) like the new artistic style. I like both, personally. Still, the attempts at humor with the droids is too much...more subtety would make this show much better. If the droids were kept to primarily serious remarks, with the occasional offbeat remark, the humor would work much better. Thankfully, the nickname stuff was kept to a very bare, much better, level.

Yoda is portrayed as The Jedi Master, and his character is written very closely to match his OT personality. Anakin is written as such a good guy that it is even harder to picture him becoming the Dark Lord of the Sith. I didn't find Ahsoka as annoying in the second ep as I did in the film; I want to like her b/c she's going to be a big part of this series, and I'm sure the producers want the viewers to really like her; I have a feeling she'll be a casualty towards the end of the series, if Anakin's turning is explored, and it'll be more of an impact if the fans become attached to her.

On a LEGO note, I'm glad to see the Twilight playing a constant role...it's ugly, and TLG did a great job capturing the ship in bricks. Seeing more of the ship's interior makes me want to mod mine. I think TLG did a fine job on all the CW sets...the V-19 Torrent would have been a little better looking without the air shocks on the sides ( to give some tension to the wing/tail swing mechanism, for those who haven't picked one up), but overall, I'm glad to have grabbed them all. Still waiting for Target to get the Republic Tank to complete my collection. The show does give an impression that it is fodder for merchandising, and I'm glad that TLG is riding the wave; I think there are going to be a lot of cool and interesting ships, places, and characters in this show, all of them ripe for the LEGO treatment.

Edited by M'Kyuun

Anyone know when it will be shown in the UK? I thought it looked really good from the trailers.

Hi, all you Clone Wars fans! :classic: Now that the first few episodes have aired, I think it's time to open a discussion thread for this show. Tell us what you think about this series, but please refrain from making such posts. :hmpf: Alight, let's get started:

I think that this show is pretty good. It has good action and animation, and due to the 20-30 minute time span of the stories, the negative aspects of the show are less noticeable than in the movie.

The first episode (the one with Yoda), was very good! The second episode wasn't bad either, but it felt more like the first part of a 3-part episode, which it kind of is. The next episode will be about

the Republic attacking the Malevolence and the one after that about them destroying it

. It looks definitely promising. :thumbup:

What do you say?

Wow!You guys in the US are so lucky!We m=dont even have it in singapore :hmpf_bad: .Do you know the dates for when it is coming to Singapore or Asia?

I meant to try to catch it last night, but was not able to. I will probably just wait until they are released online before I watch them.

I enjoyed them both a lot! It was nice to see Yoda actually doing something more than sitting at the council. Plo Koon was amazing in the escape pod as well. I was happy to see jedi that actually considered his troops as more then clones as we saw in both episodes.

They were both great to watch! :thumbup:

I wasn't a fan of the clone wars movie, but still I decided to watch the two episodes released, and quite honestly, I liked them. Alright, not as much as the first animated series, but they were alright and action packed, just what star wars should be about. I didn't like the 2nd episode as much as the 1st, but I think that might be me not liking the Ashoka- Anakin relationship thing.

What's funny to me is that apparently the series is trying to give an example to children, about friendship, fairness. It shows the relationships between the clones and their generals, shows their loyalty and devotion. The series give the clones personalities, they start to grow on us ...and then order 66 comes and our beloved clones get on with betraying their friends and killing them. That is indeed one of the most important lessons in life to teach children.

...and then order 66 comes and our beloved clones get on with betraying their friends and killing them. That is indeed one of the most important lessons in life to teach children.

What, that if your told to, you should kill your friends without them being able to defend themselves?

I liked the first two episodes, but think they should do them on a nightly basis, not just Fridays.

Well, I think Order 66 is all about irony. By putting more attention on relationships, they try to make the irony of the whole Order 66 situation more clear to the kids. Thereby, they will understand how wrong it is to betray your friends. That's the only sense I can make out of this at least. :tongue:

Here is a hilarious comic about that btw:

011.png

:laugh:

And for those of you who are jealous about us yanks being the only ones who get to watch this magnificent show, read this. I hope that will stop all the jealousy posts. :wink:

CW on! :thumbup:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

There is one thing that bugged me, the show portrayed the Jedi as warriors almost, not as protectors of the force, their is a difference, it almost seems like they are looking for a fight, kind of un realistic, but other then that love it!

I just bought the first two episodes on iTunes and watched them. I was surprisingly impressed with the stories and action. Anikan's and the Clone Trooper's voices aren't that great, but other than that they are good.

I don't kow why, but I find the voices for the Clones to be some of the coolest voices in movie history. I do still think that they should be once a night, not once a week. :hmpf_bad:

I think it is very good, and has a great potential. I can't wait till next time.

I really couldn't care less.

I'm mostly an OT fan and an animated series doesn't really do it for me.

Anyways this is being moved to the Community forums instead.

Not really SW LEGO, is it? :tongue:

I dont see any relations with Lego Star Wars, but I must say I like Clone Wars.

The animations are well-drawn and action-filled. The only negative point I can find is that the episodes are too short.

On the dutch cartoon Network they used to play double episodes, but that was for the repeat-episodes only, so I doubt they will do so with the NEW episodes.

I do await them impatiently...

I saw the episodes and it was pretty cool! I plan to watch it every Friday. :wink:

Lego12