Mr Hobbles

What game are we playing at the moment?

Just a quick thread, I was just wondering what everyone was playing right now computer game-wise.

I personally am playing World in Conflict. It's a PC RTS, set in 1989, in a world were the cold war actually turned into World War III. It's awesome and I can't stop playing it. :-)

Here's my multiplayer profile on Massgate.net - http://www.massgate.net/profile.php?0,267011

What's everyone else playing?

I've actually just started playing Warcraft III about a week ago. I wanted to play that game for a long time, but never came around to actually doing it until now.

The only thing installed on this machine right now is Doom, in all of it's forms (excluding the travesty that is Doom 3). There has been a Doom folder on every machine I've owned since late 1994.

Beyond that, I'm running through Jedi Outcast on the gamecube when I remember to play it and still waiting for Twilight Princess to drop below $50, which will finish my cube collection. I don't buy newer systems until they're at the point where the price breaks and things get reasonable. I'm not an early adopter.

Oh, I have been playing a bit of Yahoo Pool lately, but just against friends. It's mildly amusing.

World of Warcraft or as it's also called WoW. I played all previous Warcrafts except the first one, and I think this one's the best! I love this game! And I got The Burning Crusade for my birthday. I'm a level 40 Dwarf rogue. If anyone's more interested about my character feel free to ask ;-)

Psychonauts. It's a real gem not known by enough people.

and from time to time, I still pick up Shadow of the Colossus on the PS2. I still don't have enough grip to climb at the top of the great temple, so I keep trying...

And then of course there's Wii Tennis with friends. That's a great lot of fun.

I used to be really into gaming - I have about 300 titles here from various PCs over the years, GameBoys of all types etc. I even review games for another website I work for.

Right now though I'm only playing two games - BF2142 which I recently started playing again after a 6-month break (I'm now one rank away from Colonel) and the gorgeous Supreme Commander.

Dr. S.

Just a quick thread, I was just wondering what everyone was playing right now computer game-wise.

I personally am playing World in Conflict. It's a PC RTS, set in 1989, in a world were the cold war actually turned into World War III. It's awesome and I can't stop playing it. :-)

Here's my multiplayer profile on Massgate.net - http://www.massgate.net/profile.php?0,267011

What's everyone else playing?

hmmmmm....I was just looking at World in Conflict the other day--looks pretty good. Is it similar to Company of Heroes? I'm assuming that you recommend WiC ;-)

Currently I'm into Rome Total War again. I love that game. I tried to get into Medieval II Total War a couple of times, but it just doesn't suck me in like Rome does.

Don't have a lot of time for games due to training, but when I do, I love my two LEGO Star Wars games! :-D

hmmmmm....I was just looking at World in Conflict the other day--looks pretty good. Is it similar to Company of Heroes? I'm assuming that you recommend WiC ;-)

Currently I'm into Rome Total War again. I love that game. I tried to get into Medieval II Total War a couple of times, but it just doesn't suck me in like Rome does.

To be honest, I haven't played Company of Heroes (I've heard good things about it too though), but if you're looking for a recommendation for World in Conflict here's one: I'm a big RTS gamer and I quite honestly think this is the best RTS I've ever played. :-) Best

To be honest, I haven't played Company of Heroes (I've heard good things about it too though), but if you're looking for a recommendation for World in Conflict here's one: I'm a big RTS gamer and I quite honestly think this is the best RTS I've ever played. :-) Best

The only thing installed on this machine right now is Doom, in all of it's forms (excluding the travesty that is Doom 3). There has been a Doom folder on every machine I've owned since late 1994.

Beyond that, I'm running through Jedi Outcast on the gamecube when I remember to play it and still waiting for Twilight Princess to drop below $50, which will finish my cube collection. I don't buy newer systems until they're at the point where the price breaks and things get reasonable. I'm not an early adopter.

Oh, I have been playing a bit of Yahoo Pool lately, but just against friends. It's mildly amusing.

What? Doom 3 was one of the best! I was thrilled when "DOOM 3 Resurrection of evil"came out. Both were great! Of of the first games that i couldn't play in the dark! :-P But its good to see another DOOM fan on here.

I just got Halo 3. Never played Halo before,so its quite interesting.

The comparison to Co. of Heroes is based on A) It's very realistic, and B) There's no typical resource gathering (like in Warcraft, Command & Conquer, etc)--is that right?

Aye, it is very realistic. And as you say there's no resource gathering, just non stop action. :-D The system works by giving you a certain amount of Reinforcement Points at the beginning. You can then spend these on tanks, infantry, planes and support which get delivered to the battlefield either by plane or by parachute. Once a unit get's destroyed the RF points slowly trickle back so you can spend them again. In addition, when you capture command points, your RF pool goes up slightly so you can buy more units at once.

Also, when you destroy enemy units or capture command points you get TA (Tactical Aid) points. These allow you to call in airstrikes, artillery barrages, and even the mighty nuke. :-D Just wait until you see your first nuke blow up, its such a gorgeous game!

Psychonauts. It's a real gem not known by enough people....And then of course there's Wii Tennis with friends.

Funny you should mention Psychonauts, a friend gave me a loan of it on Saturday after I watched The Escapist review of it. Haven't had a chance to play it yet though.

Also Wii Tennis is very good. Although we've been playing it less now that I've got Mario Party 8. We usually play that now.

Edited by Mr Hobbles

Aye, it is very realistic. And as you say there's no resource gathering, just non stop action. :-D The system works by giving you a certain amount of Reinforcement Points at the beginning. You can then spend these on tanks, infantry, planes and support which get delivered to the battlefield either by plane or by parachute. Once a unit get's destroyed the RF points slowly trickle back so you can spend them again. In addition, when you capture command points, your RF pool goes up slightly so you can buy more units at once.

Also, when you destroy enemy units or capture command points you get TA (Tactical Aid) points. These allow you to call in airstrikes, artillery barrages, and even the mighty nuke. :-D Just wait until you see your first nuke blow up, its such a gorgeous game!

Sounds like a game I might need to use a couple of sick days for >:-)

I'm always playing GTA:SA, best game ever imo.

Don't have much free time because of uni (& Lego), so gaming has to take a back seat.

If only I could find the time.... Playing a game.... long time no play :-(

I used to play GTA 2 (yes, the good old version) and Midtown Madness Chicago Edition (also not very recent but great fun!)

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption! *wub* *wub*

Me too!!! This game ROCKS!!!, isn't it? X-D

Been playing Guitar Hero II since Xmas 06, and GH: Rocks the 80s since around September. :-)

They're just so good... 'tis a shame, therefore, that us Euros have to wait another month for GHIII while the Yanks already have it. >:-(

TK