Hive

Budget Imperial Flagship

pirates-indexed.gif 173B

Having long desired to own 10210 Imperial Flagship I finally decided that now, with the release of Pirates 2015, to simply make my own, budget version of this now all-too-expensive ship. So I paid the premium Bricklink price for the 10210 sails and put together a ship with the parts I already had lying around. I did my best to make it look as much as an official LEGO set as I could manage, and I have been greatly inspired by several past LEGO ships when building this one. Without further ado, I present my very own 2015 Budget Imperial Flagship:

IMAG0319.jpg

IMAG0320.jpg

IMAG0321.jpg

IMAG0322.jpg

IMAG0324.jpg

IMAG0325.jpg

Awesome work, congratulations!

However, don't you think that a third mast is missing? Why don't you try to put it at the back of ship, above the cabin? Like SES. pirate_wink.gif

Awesome work, congratulations!

Thanks. pirate_satisfied.gif

However, don't you think that a third mast is missing? Why don't you try to put it at the back of ship, above the cabin? Like SES. pirate_wink.gif

I would, but the only sail I have an extra of is the main sails. The front sail, which is the type of sail that would fit on top of the cabin, is as expensive as the 7 main sails combined!

It's a pretty nice ship :) Will also try to make a bluecoat ship someday. Might I suggest you turn the flags forward, though? The wind will be coming from behind.

Looks good, is there any way for you to lengthen the top sails? I think that would look good.

You mean adding another sail and have one of them include 3 sails, like in the original Imperial Flagship? I considered it, but decided that it would be too tall for my display case.

And it is a bluecoat ship - very good!

Of course it's a bluecoat ship! :pir-sweet:

I agree to the comment about the third mast. A small one.

I'd like to, but it would require me to either buy another (very expensive) front sail or completely re-design large parts of the ship.

It's a pretty nice ship :) Will also try to make a bluecoat ship someday. Might I suggest you turn the flags forward, though? The wind will be coming from behind.

Oh yeah, thanks for pointing that out. It's a clear oversight, I don't know how I missed that. :pir-blush:

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! :pir-sweet:

Great MOC. I suggest you to put 6 cannons instead 3, and a functional anchor, but is a great MOC anyway!!!!

Thanks!

It actually does have a functional anchor, you just can't see it in the pictures. I don't have more cannons in brown and didn't quite feel the red cannons were right for the ship...

For quite some time in my childhood i also used to point flags looking at ships' and castles' rear sides. It was against physics when on sailing ships but i don't know, they looked nicer in my childish eyes :P

Nice work. I thought 10210 is Redcoats. :classic: Would moving the second mast a bit further aft help with not having the 3rd mast?

Nice work. I thought 10210 is Redcoats. :classic:

Ah yes, but this isn't 10210 - this is a different flagship, for the mighty Bluecoats! pirate_satisfied.gif

It was never meant to be a carbon copy, it was always the plan to have it share details with 10210 but still be its' own ship.

Would moving the second mast a bit further aft help with not having the 3rd mast?

Actually, I started with the second mast in that position - but it left too much of a gap, so I moved it forward...

Nice job, I'm in the process of BL'ing parts for a 10210 Imperial Flagship. How many pieces did you end up using for your project?

I honestly have no idea. I never count pieces on my own builds.

I've always thought the Bluecoats needed their own larger warship, and you've done a great job designing one for them. Well done!